[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]Specific to Kernel "Eclipse LEGENDARY" [/SIZE]

androidkerneldiagram.jpg

[SIZE=+2]
This thread has been created for people to share issues, questions and help
while using this version of this kernel "Eclipse LEGENDARY"​
[/SIZE]

PLEASE make sure to thank developer for his dedication to this Kernel

Please do not clutter the Development thread with non development-related chatter​

Last edited:

kuzibri

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 25, 2008
FAQ

Q Why a special Q&T Thread for a specific KERNEL??

A The bigger a KERNEL thread gets, the greater the chance that posts are being placed in this thread that are not related to the KERNEL development itself, e.g. problems with flashing, installation, bugs, things not working etc. However this is understandable, it's not according to the guidelines of XDA for Development sections. Therefore the main goals of this KERNEL specific Q&T thread is to avoid this cluttering of the original develpment thread with these OT posts by redirecting the posters to this specific KERNEL Q&Ta/T thread and also to relieve the developer from answering these post, so he can dedicate his time to developing.

Q How to move my post to the Q&A/T thread?

A Copy the text of your post in the dev's thread, got to the Q&A/T thread and paste it there. After having done that, go back to the dev's thread, edit your post and change the text into: moved to Q&A/T thread, preferably accompanied with a link to this thread.

Q When I'm asked to move my post to the Q#A/T thread, do I have to do that?

A When you're asked to move your post, there will always be given an explanation by the OP of the Q&A/T, e.g. your post is not development related (f.i. SD card problems, etc), so please be so kind to move your post. If you want to help the dev to keep his original thread as clean as possible from OT posts, then the answer is, of course, YES. Although we cannot force you to move your post, it's highly recommended to do so

Q Where can I download this KERNEL and How do I install?

A You can find the link to download and installation instructions HERE. Pay close attention to this post, everything required for a successful flash is listed right here. If you fail to follow the instructions or meet the requirements for installation, you could run into some problems.

Q What are the known issues with thIs KERNEL?

A AFAIK, there are no real issues with this KERNEL

Q How do I...

A Ask your questions and report your issues in this thread. You will receive a response and hopefully get you back up and running this KERNEL to it's fullest

Last edited:

kuzibri

Oct 25, 2008
Explaining the purpose of our Q&A/T threads for specific KERNELS's to posters.

"Hi dear followers of this KERNEL,

in this post I will explain the goal of this specific thread created for this KERNEL with the permission of the Developer of this specific KERNEL

This is a statement made in the Q&A/T template thread:
"While our forum has slowly been morphing, the one area we would like to keep original is Development

The goal is to alleviate the OT banter that occurs within any kernel thread. While the XDA forum continues to grow, we need to help users work within the guidelines created by XDA. Over the last couple of years the average kernel being created, has become a free for all chat thread. There tends to be much infighting and mod/developer cleaning.

The idea of this template is to create a Questions and Answers for each kernel. This is in no way asking for Development to be moved here, rather any and all conversation that is non Development related to your conjoined Q&A."

This means that non-development related posts, should be posted - with the permission of the Dev - in this thread. What are the most common Off Topic posts, that should be posted in this Q&A/T thread?
1. Battery life related posts
2. Will this app work with this ROM
3. SD Card related problems
4. How do I dowmload and install this kernel, etc

Hope to have given you enough information,

kindest regards, Kuzibri"

Last edited:

Daekin

Mar 23, 2009
Bratislava
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Welcome Post

My fellow followers,

As you can see, XDA Community is growing larger and we need to tidy up a little so that everyone can find relevant information more easily.
This is why a new trend in creating Q&A/T threads has started recently.

As a thread name suggests, this thread should be used for your questions, answers and troubleshooting my kernel installations.
Basically, this should be used in the manner the original thread has been used until now.

From now on, the main kernel development thread will be monitored more strictly and you should post there only relevant information that should help fix issues or improve the kernel.

I will not forbid you to post error reports there, but they should follow defined rules specified in the Troubleshooting section in the OP of the development thread:
you need to specify all relevant hardware/software information and attach all available log files, otherwise the information is useless for me and post will be considered off-topic and can be moved here.

I wish you many problem-free hours on my kernel and as always: Happy flashing!

Daekin

Last edited:
Reactions: kuzibri

kuzibri

Oct 25, 2008
What to do with debatable OT posts?

Hi All Followers of this KERNEL,

a certain post of a member of one of my Dev's ROM for whom I created a Q&a/T thread set me to think and reconsider what kind of posts is OT or not and how to deal with that.

It is not my intention to be overly strict about what is or is not an OT post, you should decide before you post whether you think it is OT. Consider whether the development of the KERNEL is helped by your post. Consider also whether someone in the future, searching through the thread, would find your post useful or would it just take up bandwidth.
If there is any doubt as to whether a post is OT, i will not ask you for it to be moved.
If I do decide your post is OT, I will ask you to move it.
If you think it is not OT, please post your reasons in this Q&A thread, quoting post number.
If I or the developer then agree with you, I will delete my post in the dev thread asking you to move it, and the post can stay.
I hope this makes it all clearer.

kindest regards, Kuzibri

Reactions: wis1152

kokia13

Dec 8, 2008
Battery Drain

- htcleo-kernel_2.6.32_tytung_gb _r16 -> stay blocked on "Go Go Go !"
- marc1706 0.2.3 kernel installed -> NO battery drain by process (P-sensor_microp & Events) after a call. :victory:

Reactions: Daekin

Daekin

Mar 23, 2009
Bratislava
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Is there anyone with 100% CPU usage causing battery drain after call that is willing to test new kernel version?
If yes, send me PM and I will send you download link.

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

- marc1706 0.2.3 kernel installed -> NO battery drain by process (P-sensor_microp & Events) after a call. :victory:

btw which tool have you used to monitor CPU usage?

jaykay1984

Jan 27, 2013
I can not install the kernel!! i'm on nexushd2 4.2.2 rom with tytung kernel. I can do the installation from recovery and everything is ok but when I go to reboot on kernel version I see that there is always tytung kernel!! help me please!!!!!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome Post

My fellow followers,

As you can see, XDA Community is growing larger and we need to tidy up a little so that everyone can find relevant information more easily.
    This is why a new trend in creating Q&A/T threads has started recently.

As a thread name suggests, this thread should be used for your questions, answers and troubleshooting my kernel installations.
    Basically, this should be used in the manner the original thread has been used until now.

From now on, the main kernel development thread will be monitored more strictly and you should post there only relevant information that should help fix issues or improve the kernel.

I will not forbid you to post error reports there, but they should follow defined rules specified in the Troubleshooting section in the OP of the development thread:
    you need to specify all relevant hardware/software information and attach all available log files, otherwise the information is useless for me and post will be considered off-topic and can be moved here.

I wish you many problem-free hours on my kernel and as always: Happy flashing!

Daekin
    What to do with debatable OT posts?

Hi All Followers of this KERNEL,

a certain post of a member of one of my Dev's ROM for whom I created a Q&a/T thread set me to think and reconsider what kind of posts is OT or not and how to deal with that.

It is not my intention to be overly strict about what is or is not an OT post, you should decide before you post whether you think it is OT. Consider whether the development of the KERNEL is helped by your post. Consider also whether someone in the future, searching through the thread, would find your post useful or would it just take up bandwidth.
    If there is any doubt as to whether a post is OT, i will not ask you for it to be moved.
    If I do decide your post is OT, I will ask you to move it.
    If you think it is not OT, please post your reasons in this Q&A thread, quoting post number.
    If I or the developer then agree with you, I will delete my post in the dev thread asking you to move it, and the post can stay.
    I hope this makes it all clearer.

kindest regards, Kuzibri
    thank you all, I will examine log files later.
    I also need some confirmation about the rest of the kernel versions - preferably 1.3_new. if it is OK, I will replace the original version with this one.

it does have a heat & battery drain problem but less than 1.3.
    Battery Drain