Tab S 8.4 Cases

Search This thread

goofydragon1

Oct 4, 2010
I wanted to mention that B&H Photo Video has the Samsung Booklet Case for $43 where it retails elsewhere for $59 and Samsung's simple case is $24 that retails for $39.

Last edited:

narvel

Jun 30, 2010
I bought the one made by Samsung for the 8.4 and it is by far the best case I have ever had for a tablet. Barely increases the thickness compared to other cases, extremely light and very easy to use for propping up and installing. Granted it is more expensive than the others but I think it is worth it.

Reactions: kms108

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
I bought the one made by Samsung for the 8.4 and it is by far the best case I have ever had for a tablet. Barely increases the thickness compared to other cases, extremely light and very easy to use for propping up and installing. Granted it is more expensive than the others but I think it is worth it.

I too bought the same case and pretty much confirming this exact same review.

I've never experienced a case of this high quality before. Really impressed by Samsung here. :good:

HughesNet

Apr 3, 2013

Samsung has 2 cases for the 8.4. Which of them did you get?

murmur70

Jul 12, 2010
Bedford, IN
Get the Book Cover. I was torn at first. I liked the idea of the case as a stand but was afraid it would be too bulky. It is not. It is very thin and light and I see no use in getting the Simple Cover. To each his own however.

Sent from my SM-T700 using XDA Free mobile app

Mr Dasher

Jan 10, 2011
The Samsung covers looked great but I think they don't provide the protection I would want for a device that does a lot of traveling. I have decided to buy two generic cases. I chose styles that I have used in the past and have found the quality to be good and the prices are right

1) A generic fake leather cover for rough travel.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L6MGAH8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2) A slim style for around the house. I like these because they consist of a plastic shell that completely protects the body of the tablet and it's easy to remove (Unlike the Samsung case)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L6M1UNW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now I just need a tempered glass screen protector and I will be all set.

D

Last edited:

qngds

Mar 19, 2008
Tampa
The Samsung covers looked great but I think they don't provide the protection I would want for a device that does a lot of traveling. I have decided to buy two generic cases. I chose styles that I have used in the past and have found the quality to be good and the prices are right

1) A generic fake leather cover for rough travel.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L6MGAH8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2) A slim style for around the house. I like these because they consist of a plastic shell that completely protects the body of the tablet and it's easy to remove (Unlike the Samsung case)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L6M1UNW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now I just need a tempered glass screen protector and I will be all set.

D

I looked at both of those. I got a Samsung cover for my Note 10.1 long ago and it was wonderful, so I got the book cover for the 8.4, despite the hefty price. I thought the flap might be a nuisance, but it's not been a problem. This is the all around best case for fit, weight, protection. Handy to have the screen cut off when you cover it.

Mr Dasher

Jan 10, 2011
I looked at both of those. I got a Samsung cover for my Note 10.1 long ago and it was wonderful, so I got the book cover for the 8.4, despite the hefty price. I thought the flap might be a nuisance, but it's not been a problem. This is the all around best case for fit, weight, protection. Handy to have the screen cut off when you cover it.

I received a free Samsung case when I bought the Tab S. I really think it looks great but what I didn't like was how stiff it was to attach and separate. I also felt that the case seemed flimsy unless the cover is latched around the front. If you dropped the tablet, when attached to the Samsung case, and it's not securely closed the cover would open and the table would be exposed. The cheap cases I ordered may not be as classy but they completely protect the tablet body (within reason). I I'll just keep the Samsung case for when I eventually sell (or give to a relative) this tablet. For under $20 I was able to buy both cases and when they wear out or get dirty I'll spend another 20 to buy two more.

HughesNet

Apr 3, 2013
I agree with the comments on the book cover case. Too expensive and not enough protection.

Here is my review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc72r0pps2I&feature=share&list=UUYO_YUHK7ZROCqJMtSOuOHQ

I picked up the book cover and it seems like it will work well. I may return it and go without a cover. I honestly do not have much use for a cover. DirecTV accidental damage protection covers my tablet with a $50 deductible. Cheaper then a Samsung case in the fist place.

Just picked up the titanium book cover. I haven't like Samsung covers in the past but this is a very nice case. I agree it's way too expensive, but I had a 50% off from Samsung from my note 3. It's very slim and fairly light(though definitely adds weight). The magnets are super strong, and the folding positions are nice. Yes it's hard to unsnap, but I found if you stick a finger in the middle and sludge left or right it comes out ok. No issues snapping in.

my only gripe is the flap when closed actually isn't tight across the screen and if you squeeze the edges it opens a bit. Not a big deal.

henklbr

Feb 20, 2009
Netherlands
www.sammobile.com
Top Case

Fits perfectly! Far better "Book case" than the ones for the other Samsung Tablets!

170063.jpg

Last edited:

Ch4rd

Sep 5, 2014
Generic Book Cover

I'm owning a galaxy tab s 8.4 and i bought a generic tab case.. my problem is when i open the cover and flip it at the back the screen shuts off and the bottom buttons becomes unresponsive.. any solution for this? Thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts