Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

angry english

Oct 7, 2010
Fairborn Ohio
Yeah so I been reading everyones test result for the new kernels. So what kernel should I pick I dont want any games to freeze.. And I think this rom is pretty snappy so I dont think I should over clock .. Since I want the extra battery... And what would be the besg way to flash the kernel

Sms vibrant black body glove
Rom-macnutR2 kernel #53
Latest cwm

Black Htc G1
Sparksmod1.7
Latest radio death spl
Oc kernel 617mhz jit enabled ram hack

Dunno if you got this answered, but R2 with Kernel #62 is as close to perfect as you can get, i had to run my battery down last night at 11:30pm so i could charge it with the power off as i aint reconditioned lol, battery is very very good with this kernel and i would recommend anyone to use it, basically my phone lasted all day, from within a few minutes of eugene uploading the kernel to me trying to run down the battey last night, i used the phone medium to heavy, playing several games throughout the day, plenty of calls, texts and email checks.

I was gonna go for one of the OC kernels but im totally happy with this one and i see no point in changing it, everything runs fine (other than the gps and data issues which i turn off and use wifi only) this is now my daily driver, super smooth, Thanks again eugene

jdanisevich

pre-lagfix not working.

OCLF 2.2 hanging on mounting RFS onto /dbdata/rfsdata

what lagfix will work on Macnut R3 ?!

That's odd, the included lagfix worked fine for me. Did you by chance do a system restore or wipe data after you flashed R3? That will remove it unless you reflash, or wait for Eugene to upload the lagfix ZIP he mentioned last night. If not I'm not sure what your issue is.
If you look way back in this thread there were some lagfixes that were compatible with older versions. They may still work for you of nothing else does.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

gatesmarch123

Apr 14, 2010
I can. Have yet to get it to run itself from the init.d folder on startup, but if you run the script it most definitely works, and works FAR better than SetCPU for me. Just have to run it after every boot. Will play around with it and see if I can figure out why it's not working, unless someone has an idea?

How do you manually run the script?

Sent from: Under your bed

D

Deleted member 2371530

What do you mean by under voltage?

ginzberg

Jul 29, 2010
I think some people may be in the same boat I was. I'm going to explain environment I was in, the symptoms I experienced, and what I did to get back to 'normal'.

1) I was on Bionix Fusion 1.1 with the Core kernel. I have a non-voodoo compatible nand chip (nothing noteworthy there, but thought I'd share if any commonality appears). I had EXT2 lagfix set.

2) Reboot to clockworkmod recovery, install rom from sd card, browsed to Macnut R2 and flashed.

3) Never unplugged usb cable. Rebooted, froyo comes up and I begin to play. I completely foobar'd my backup because I sync Titanium to dropbox, and believed I'd actually sync the other way, but ended up deleting all my backups. Oh well, so I feverishly installed apps for a good 30min.

4) I was able to adb push at this point. I pushed my titanium license file over and the launcher2.apk in the OP.

5) Noticed the media scanning was stuck at 0%. I remembered seeing things about this in the thread, so I did a bit of a search. Got terrified by what I saw.

6) Unplugged phone, went home, plugged in there... ADB shell works.

7) Brought up clockwork rom manager, and tried to reboot to recovery. It times out, sometimes (not every) it would display an error (sorry, don't have it exact): Sorry! Recovery process is not running. Something to that effect.

8) Tried ADB reboot recovery. Times out.

9) Nerveously reboot phone to see if the problem 'goes away' a la microsoft

10) Reboots into same state. Media Scanning. However, now I can't ADB. I get "Device Offline".

11) Freak out.

12) I was able to get into clockwork mod recovery by rebooting and holding the vol up/vol down. I don't know why this was so easy to get into, and I may be lucky as some have hardware locks... but this worked for me. Sigh of relief for me.

13) First step I took was to push another kernel and flash that, see if it resolves the issue. Flashed, rebooted. Usb cable in the whole time.

14) No change.

15) Went back into recovery the hardware way. Pushed macnut r2 to the sdcard again. Flashed once. Realized I should clear dalvik cache and battery stats, so did that and then flashed a second time (third overall if you count the first flash).

16) For no reason other than trying different things, I then unplugged the usb and rebooted. This was the first time I rebooted after the flash w/o the usb plugged in.

17) I let it boot the first time and didn't touch it until media scanning completed.

Ta-da, success. This is not a science, but it is all the steps that I went through, and perhaps it can help another person out there. I had heavily contemplated flashing back to another 2.1 rom/kernel when I successfully got into recovery, but thought it was worth a shot to just try once more. It luckily did work for me.

Last edited:

numberoneoppa

Oct 6, 2010
Wowowow thanks. Just finished flashing r3 but four is a better number.

Sent from my Vibrant using the XDA for Android app.

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
Wow i was gone for a day. come back to see that you Eugene posted a bunch of new stuff and I DONT KNOW what to flash. Can anyone tell me if the R3 is stable and what Kernel is the best to flash? THANKS

Get R4 instead.. there are fixes that were made from R3's release.
Downloading R4 now.

Coincidental that when jdeleon posted SetCPU.. there was a update for it today, last update was a few months ago :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts