Z1 compact or Nexus 5

Search This thread

afaquekhaja

Aug 30, 2013
Chicago
Hi All !

I'm planning to buy a new phone. And I'm in a dilemma about which one to choose. I read the problems with the z1c and i'm alsi aware about the new firmware update rolling out to tackle those issues. Anyways I want your suggestions about getting this device for its awesome battery and water resistance or to go for nexus 5. As the z1c has real bad speakers.

Sent from my GT-I8262 using Tapatalk

Simonna

Apr 8, 2013
Well, problems with the touch screens is the main problem on the Sony phones,and Sony know about it,but unfortunately it can't be fixed if it's hardware problem with Sony official firmwares.your final choice depends on you,but if I were you I would choose Nexus 5 because it will get quickest updates,will be updated for around 18 months,bigger dev support (if you mind about it),better audio quality (Nexus 5 with new hardware has better audio quality than Nexus 5 with the old one,so my Nexus 5 has very good audio quality)

As you mentioned "as for awesome battery life" It's would be biggest Nexus 5 con bad battery life. Of course there're some Nexus 5 users who're managed to get excellent battery life,but for me on normal use it stands for around 6-7 hours.

charlatan01

Jan 10, 2008
Denver
^ Wait... is there something wrong with the touch screens on the Z1c? I own one, and have no issues. It is extremely responsive and I think visually it's on par or better with others I've seen.

Nexus 5 is probably a fine device, and will get strong dev support since it runs un touched Android KK. If that's important, I suppose it's something to consider. Probably the biggest factor will just be device / screen size. I personally am over the 5" size. It was fine, and I could almost use it one handed, but not quite. Performance wise, I'll take the Sony any day... the battery with stamina mode has turned out to be a panacea of sorts... it's just insanely good. I can handle the screen shrink for that alone.

Also, I buy Sony (and had an Oppo Find 5 previous to this) because I wanted to support those hardware vendors that most support the dev community like we have here. Sony is actually pretty good about releasing source, and their updates are better than some others I've had in the past. The Nexus will most certainly be good in this respect, but I like to spend where it supports the cause...

my .02

afaquekhaja

Aug 30, 2013
Chicago
Well, problems with the touch screens is the main problem on the Sony phones,and Sony know about it,but unfortunately it can't be fixed if it's hardware problem with Sony official firmwares.your final choice depends on you,but if I were you I would choose Nexus 5 because it will get quickest updates,will be updated for around 18 months,bigger dev support (if you mind about it),better audio quality (Nexus 5 with new hardware has better audio quality than Nexus 5 with the old one,so my Nexus 5 has very good audio quality)

As you mentioned "as for awesome battery life" It's would be biggest Nexus 5 con bad battery life. Of course there're some Nexus 5 users who're managed to get excellent battery life,but for me on normal use it stands for around 6-7 hours.

I like the z1c for its waterproofing, its battery and the notification led. The new 4.4.2 update is also great.

What I don't like though is the speakers and the noise in pictures taken with it. Also there isn't much accessories available for it my country.

afaquekhaja

Aug 30, 2013
Chicago

I'm aware of the issues of the z1 compact like the mic issue, camera quality and so on.

Now talking about nexus 5, it has a beautiful screen, stock android, better looks, faster updates and much more accessories availability.

What I don't like though is the battery, limited storage, not waterproof and the notification led is too small

charlatan01

Jan 10, 2008
Denver
Now talking about nexus 5, it has a beautiful screen, stock android, better looks, faster updates and much more accessories availability.

One could argue that Sony offers ALL of those with the possible exception of updates and accessories... but I think there are a nice selection of accessories for a phone that's still new. I definitely love the feel and look of the Xperia line.

Top Liked Posts