ALL LTE discussions here, where, when, how fast!

Search This thread

getinnocuous

Apr 23, 2011
I'd like to know where in Orange County? I'm in the Anaheim/Yorba Linda area and nothing.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

I know your pain. I go back and forth from Fullerton to Costa Mesa and am getting really tired of the temperamental 3G speeds. Here's hoping MA6 makes things a little better.

chriswbush

Dec 1, 2011
California
I can confirm lte in la Habra, and buena park in oc, ca which still ducks for me because I live in Fullerton but go back and forth from Fullerton and cypress

in la Habra it's 6.6m dl which isn't as fast as other but better than 200k on 3g

And I just got this in buena park
jabuqe4y.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

getinnocuous

Apr 23, 2011
For the Anaheim guy I can confirm lte on the corner of harbor and Lincoln I couldn't get a test it was going on and off but it seems they're putting it up there

Holy crap, this is great news! I live so close to there! I'm anxious to go out and test, but I'm waiting for the Fedex truck to bring my replacement phone sometime today. Gotta love insurance for those moments ya can't quite remember.

Reactions: bondosho

chriswbush

Dec 1, 2011
California
Holy crap, this is great news! I live so close to there! I'm anxious to go out and test, but I'm waiting for the Fedex truck to bring my replacement phone sometime today. Gotta love insurance for those moments ya can't quite remember.

Well I wouldn't go test right now it's raining haha but yeah insurance is amazing I pay the 11 a month for my s3 and evo lte and my s3 fried they sent a replacement to the store free of charge and Sunday my evo lte capped out and I'm getting a replacement today or tomorrow haha I recommend using the correct charger for the phone or **** happens haha

Also last time I went to the sprint store they told me Fullerton and Anaheim and surrounding areas should have lte by the end of this month and so far I can see it happening lol

Last edited:
Reactions: getinnocuous

johnny tsunami

Jul 21, 2010
What about UTAH?

Im just a little bit T-Oed, that I moved from socal to the utah area, and all of the socal area in which I used to live and work in is getting lit up with some LTE. Anyone know if the utah area is slated to get the LTE? I have checked the s4gru site and cant find anything.

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro
Im just a little bit T-Oed, that I moved from socal to the utah area, and all of the socal area in which I used to live and work in is getting lit up with some LTE. Anyone know if the utah area is slated to get the LTE? I have checked the s4gru site and cant find anything.

Utah is pretty big, afraid you'll have to be a little more specific than that.. if you're not a donating member of that site, you won't find much if use there

Sprint GS3 FAQ THREAD

Meadow

Sep 19, 2007
4g Showed up in Lowell, MA on Saturday and today in Lawrence, MA. Speed Test shows 2.4mbps download.

skyyrocket

Apr 8, 2012
Miramar
Sprint's lte is starting to pop up more in south Florida this was taking in Pembroke pines fl

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361393226087.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361393226087.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 153

tft

Feb 24, 2008
4g Showed up in Lowell, MA on Saturday and today in Lawrence, MA. Speed Test shows 2.4mbps download.

same here in New haven county (CT) just saw 4g icon today and im getting about 3mbits down 1 mbit up... hoping the speed improves and its not low because it's already saturated. :(

btw, does 4g drain battery more or less than 3g? i'm assuming 4g drains battery more except when loading things as its faster and maybe puts less load on the phone.

Last edited:

Ragnar

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 11, 2011
Valhalla
same here in New haven county (CT) just saw 4g icon today and im getting about 3mbits down 1 mbit up... hoping the speed improves and its not low because it's already saturated. :(

btw, does 4g drain battery more or less than 3g? i'm assuming 4g drains battery more except when loading things as its faster and maybe puts less load on the phone.

When 4G lte gets going full scale in your area it will draw less battery than 3g it's been like being on wifi for me.

Transmitted with a portable device using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro
When 4G lte gets going full scale in your area it will draw less battery than 3g it's been like being on wifi for me.

Transmitted with a portable device using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Jealous, still not a hint of 4g here in Columbia, mo... rumored to be soon though.. :thumbup: I do get 2 mbps on 3g though, so guess I shouldn't complain :p

Sprint GS3 FAQ THREAD

johnny tsunami

Jul 21, 2010
Well I go from Provo to salt lake city and the 3 g speeds are a joke just did a speed test and got 166 KBS down....ughhhhh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That sucks. our Dallas LTE thread was closed and now were stuck in a General. Personally i would prefer to have a thread with each city so i can focus on my issues and location not a general every LTE discussion..
    Hope the Moderator who closed our Dallas LTE thread is reading and will open ours back up.
    I know I've said this to some folks before but for the new ones posting... the reason you are probably seeing slower speeds are due to the weak 4G signal. Your signal bars on your Android (non-CM) phone show the 1X voice/sms connection strength not the 4G LTE signal. You could be connected to a site across the street with a nice -50 signal showing all bars, but your 4G signal is barely hanging on at -120 pulling 1 megabit. Just the nature of the beast with Sprint letting us use the signal instead of sitting on the ready cell sites like other carriers do and firing them up all at once.

I recommend the Signalcheck Lite or Pro application. It allows you to see the actual signal numbers in your status bar of both the 1X voice/sms and LTE or EVDO connection at all times. https://play.google.com/store/apps/...wMiwiY29tLmJsdWVsaW5lLnNpZ25hbGNoZWNrbGl0ZSJd

More info: Bars Lie for LTE Signal Strength! How to determine your actual LTE signal strength
    I've read many many many studies explaining why Wi-Fi is more battery efficient than LTE. Its a known fact from my understanding of these hard data studies.

It depends. How old are these studies, and which chipset did they use? With SoCs older than our Snapdragons, LTE was a huge battery drain, especially compared to Wifi. However, the Snapdragon S4 chip has a much more efficient LTE radio than previous SoCs, and therefore, less battery drain.

I'm sure Wifi is more battery efficient than LTE, even on our S3s. The question is "How much more efficient is it?" And the answer I've received (from myself and many other S3 users) is, "not noticeably". Considering that LTE is a lot closer to Wifi technologically than it is to EVDO, along with general advances in LTE technology, that shouldn't be a surprise.

Technology "studies" can become invalidated very quickly with the current pace of technological progress, much more so than medical or environmental studies. There have been lots of "studies" that say Android is riddled with malware, even though most folks you'll meet in your life will never experience Android malware, and the ones who do may as well have sought out the malware purposely, because you practically have to try to get infected.
    I sure hope you're not abusing your lte speeds... Otherwise those speeds won't last long.

give it 6-12 months as more cities get lte. it's only a matter of time before the abusers and people with no consideration start bogging the network which sprint in turn will implement a 1-2mbit/s cap. lets hope instead they start throttling the abusers.
    The exception here being that Sprint never promised anything. All of those dates they stated were estimates, which were given to them by the subcontractors (Alcatel/Lucent, Samsung, and Ericsson). It clearly stated that in the small print as well. A little reading never hurt anyone.

EDIT: www.sensorly.com is your best friend for determining 4G LTE coverage

obviously if i knew harrisburg had active 4g, i clearly knew about sensorly. A little deductive reasoning never hurt anyone.

saying that Sprint never promised anything is a really lame point. I never demanded that the rollout be 100% completed by December, all i did was voice major disappointment over the fact that the rollout date went from December, to January, to February, to Spring. That is the difference between reading and reading comprehension.