[Q] Question about Kernel (Note 2 Rogers)

Search This thread

Mytheos

Mar 13, 2012
Hey there people,

Read the FAQs and did some browsing already but not really finding the information or maybe not searching the right things.

So I'm looking at flashing the Ditto Note 3 ROM but not having any luck. Using TWRP 2.6.3.0 and currently on IOKP, and I've read the Ditto Note 3 page several times ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541860 ) and it mentions changing the kernel to an N7105 MK5 Kernel and I just don't understand that.

It looks like the ROM info states that Kernel is in the rom itself for when you flash, and they also say "Pick N7105 instead of I317, otherwise you will stuck at "Sumsung" glowing logo!!!" but I really do not want to screw up my note 2 by flashing for a different device.... Is that why the kernel is there?

All in all, I've been reading lots of information regarding this and not finding the right information. I'm getting more well versed in this information but some things like this go above my head. Any help would be amazing. :)

EDIT: Noticed that I have TWRP 2.6.3.0 instead of 2.6.3.1, how difficult is that to change and if changed do I lose my back-up of stock touchwiz rom?

Last edited: