[Q] Att note 2 4.4.2 root?

Search This thread

Bodoct

Nov 11, 2012
I cant seem to find a working root for Att galaxy note 2 on firmware 4.4.2

I have tried a few cf auto roots and once they are done super SU isnt installed or it installs and just crashes before launching the app with a pop up or when i click on it.

Does anyone have a link to a working 4.4.2 root and some steps?

06SilveradoZ71

Jun 29, 2014
I cant seem to find a working root for Att galaxy note 2 on firmware 4.4.2

I have tried a few cf auto roots and once they are done super SU isnt installed or it installs and just crashes before launching the app with a pop up or when i click on it.

Does anyone have a link to a working 4.4.2 root and some steps?

Use cf auto root then after your booted back up & rooted update supersu on the playstore then open supersu & disable knox

hit thanks if i helped

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Bodoct

Nov 11, 2012
Use cf auto root then after your booted back up & rooted update supersu on the playstore then open supersu & disable knox

hit thanks if i helped

I did the whole download from play store for supersu, the app just crashes as soon as I click it.

Bodoct

Nov 11, 2012
When i use the app root checker it says my device is not rooted... I used odin while my device was in download mode and added CF auto root to PDA and it looks like it goes through and installs superSU but i guess no dice. im not sure what im doing wrong

cnote74

Nov 26, 2010
oklahoma city
When i use the app root checker it says my device is not rooted... I used odin while my device was in download mode and added CF auto root to PDA and it looks like it goes through and installs superSU but i guess no dice. im not sure what im doing wrong
Download Odin 3.09 then either philz touch or twrp, boot into download mode open Odin up put file in de select reboot then flash the file, manually reboot into recovery and flash superSu zip and you will have root.

06SilveradoZ71

Jun 29, 2014

I dont understand that i was on 4.4.2 ota then i used cf auto root to root & then updated supersu on playstore & it works perfect after

Bodoct

Nov 11, 2012
Download Odin 3.09 then either philz touch or twrp, boot into download mode open Odin up put file in de select reboot then flash the file, manually reboot into recovery and flash superSu zip and you will have root.

I'll try this when I get home. Do you flash twrp via Odin as well? Seems goo manager doesn't really want to install twrp anymore.

Bodoct

Nov 11, 2012
TWRP provides a .tar file so you can Odin. Its not much more trouble, and it works.

So it seems the method you said didnt work for me :(.

I used CF auto root on odin 3.09, i got the cf auto root from here http://download.chainfire.eu/280/CF...uto-Root-t0lteatt-t0lteatt-samsungsghi317.zip

i was unable to flash TWRP through the TAR they supplied on their website and goomanager still doesnt seem to want to start the download.

Everytime after i CF auto root as soon i get to the home screen supersu sends a message that "unfortunately, supersu has stopped" without me even clicking on it or performing an action.

do you happen o have any other suggestions or links of where you got your cf auto root.

06SilveradoZ71

Jun 29, 2014
So it seems the method you said didnt work for me :(.

I used CF auto root on odin 3.09, i got the cf auto root from here http://download.chainfire.eu/280/CF...uto-Root-t0lteatt-t0lteatt-samsungsghi317.zip

i was unable to flash TWRP through the TAR they supplied on their website and goomanager still doesnt seem to want to start the download.

Everytime after i CF auto root as soon i get to the home screen supersu sends a message that "unfortunately, supersu has stopped" without me even clicking on it or performing an action.

do you happen o have any other suggestions or links of where you got your cf auto root.

It says super su has stopped because its outdated so after it pops up go to the app store and update supersu to 2.01 & you can disable knox

Bodoct

Nov 11, 2012
It says super su has stopped because its outdated so after it pops up go to the app store and update supersu to 2.01 & you can disable knox

I went to the play store and it didnt give me an option to update. So I tried Aptoide and downloaded it from there and it still crashes.

Bodoct

Nov 11, 2012
So randomly supersu has a pop up with an additional download and it fixed it. Everything was good until I had to reset phone.... Now it's back to its old ways

06SilveradoZ71

Jun 29, 2014
Of you're still having problems, 3.09 didn't work for me. 1.85 still the best.

Sent from my Note 3...making all others drool!

I use odin 3.07 just fine root note 2 ota 4.4.2 no problems

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

So randomly supersu has a pop up with an additional download and it fixed it. Everything was good until I had to reset phone.... Now it's back to its old ways

Did you ever get it figured out