CWM Recovery on S5 active ?

Search This thread

daltonhrrll

May 16, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro
Anyone know how to get a stable recovery on s5 active at ? I rooted with towel root and now I just need a recovery ? Here's my device info

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1408993220386.jpg
    1408993220386.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 621

OigMan

May 31, 2012
Bump,

I too would like to know if CWR can be installed on the active. Just picked mine up today and so far i cant seem to find a whole lot of information about compatible recoveries or cyan mod regarding the gs 5 active

OigMan

May 31, 2012
If it's att the bootloader is locked and will probably stay that way :( so safestrap is all we got

It is indeed att =/

hopefully Samsung will smarten up and unlock the bootloader, i remember i had this same trouble with my HTC One and then after a few months they finally opened up the bootloader. Im starting to regret picking up the Gs5...

daltonhrrll

May 16, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro
It is indeed att =/

hopefully Samsung will smarten up and unlock the bootloader, i remember i had this same trouble with my HTC One and then after a few months they finally opened up the bootloader. Im starting to regret picking up the Gs5...

Yeah I doubt Samsung will let us unlock, until then dynamic Kat is A good ROM to run

TankiFrench

Dec 26, 2014
Hi !
I'm interested by a custom recovery on S5A too, i have european version (SM-G870F) but i guess it's the same no ?
XDA is the best !
Thank you !

Last edited:

TankiFrench

Dec 26, 2014
I am using TWRP in my sm-g870f which i installed using the app on google play. I installed the s5 version.
Thanks ! I'm gonna try :)

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

I tried by using the app, but crash when I tap "device model", so I think I will try by flashing, but not today

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

I flashed TWRP by using ODIN and it works, Thank you very much :)

Oleander

Mar 15, 2006
Søborg
I am using TWRP in my sm-g870f which i installed using the app on google play. I installed the s5 version.

Coming from a Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505 (rom was before Knox, yay!)) I guess I'm spoiled for info. I didn't quite expect it to be this sparse. :-/
Only 2 threads concerning rooting and installing recovery on the SM-G870F..

Even though I've been here for almost a decade, I still find it unsettling every time i have to fiddle with the firmware.
And even more so, when Samsung is threatening with all sorts of evil (which btw by law, doesn't ruin my guarantee where I live).

So thanks guys! I'm now rooted (Chainfire -Towelroot doesn't work) and have made a backup with TWRP.

jonezy82

Jan 5, 2013

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

I tried by using the app, but crash when I tap "device model", so I think I will try by flashing, but not today

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Hi,
just bought my G870F and found this thread.

You flashed twrp-2.8.7.0-klte to G870F with odin?

bandino

Jan 24, 2009
Debrecen, H
I confirm that twrp-2.8.7.0-klte ( galaxy S5 international version) works without problem on S5 Active ( SM-G870F).
You can not install this custom recovery direct from TWRP Manager from GooglePlay but installing is possible through Odin.
It was very hard to get any information and find clear experience about possible custom recovery for this model (SM-G870F). But thanks for you guys, it actually works now on my phone. :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: ludwig83

m3tatr0n84

Dec 17, 2015
Richmond Hill
Looking for Safestrap for SM-870W

Hi All,
After some research, I found that Samsung S5 Active (Bell (Canada) Mobility) has a locked bootloader
so I cannot install CWR or TWRP customer recovery. So I guess it Safestrap for me. But I can only find
Safestrap for either AT&T or Verizon http://www.mediablog.us/download-install-safestrap-recovery-verizon-galaxy-s5-sm-g900v-att-galaxy-s5-sm-g900a/
Can I use either one of them on my device? My intention is to load Koolkit ROM but I need to figure
out first how can I install Safestrap on my phone.
Any help, advise or suggestion is appreciated.

Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi !
    I'm interested by a custom recovery on S5A too, i have european version (SM-G870F) but i guess it's the same no ?
    XDA is the best !
    Thank you !

I confirm that twrp-2.8.7.0-klte ( galaxy S5 international version) works without problem on S5 Active ( SM-G870F).
    You can not install this custom recovery direct from TWRP Manager from GooglePlay but installing is possible through Odin.
    It was very hard to get any information and find clear experience about possible custom recovery for this model (SM-G870F). But thanks for you guys, it actually works now on my phone. :good: