[DEV] Galaxy Mini/Pop Plus Development - GT-S5570I

Search This thread

NoSubstitute

Oct 29, 2008
Malmö
Anyone have this fw PDA:LI3 PHONE:LI3 CSC:LE1 (NEE)

the above method that I mentioned saved my life few times.

However I cannot find my stock firmware :) the firmware that came with my phone does not exists at sammobile :)

Now I'm stuck with custom roms :)

I have the exact same problem. I accidentally softbricked the phone and had to install an Italian ROM to get it back to life again. I need this fw according to KIES:

PDA:LI3 PHONE:LI3 CSC:LE1 (NEE)

I sent a request to @sammobiles and @samfirmware - hopefully they can find the proper firmware before I have to give the pone back to its owner. :)

The phone works, but it doesn't seem to have a Swedish wordlist and things like that. Obviously the Italian (ITV) fw isn't the same as (NEE).

bogdan99999

Jul 4, 2012
What about a new ODIN with all you need in it? (stock rom with all languages).

I dont understand, why galaxy mini already have CM and MIUI ang galaxy mini plus dont have them? S5570 is not a better phone than S5570I.

IorekByrnison

Aug 22, 2012
I have the exact same problem. I accidentally softbricked the phone and had to install an Italian ROM to get it back to life again. I need this fw according to KIES:

PDA:LI3 PHONE:LI3 CSC:LE1 (NEE)

I sent a request to @sammobiles and @samfirmware - hopefully they can find the proper firmware before I have to give the pone back to its owner. :)

The phone works, but it doesn't seem to have a Swedish wordlist and things like that. Obviously the Italian (ITV) fw isn't the same as (NEE).

all you need to do is, find sweedish CSC only. Then use kies to upgrade.

Flash CSC only on any rom and make kies solve it all.

I hate this phone, even samsung hates too. First thing I'm going to do is selling this phone.

NoSubstitute

Oct 29, 2008
Malmö
all you need to do is, find sweedish CSC only. Then use kies to upgrade.

Flash CSC only on any rom and make kies solve it all.

I hate this phone, even samsung hates too. First thing I'm going to do is selling this phone.

How do I find Swedish CSC?
I tried using Kies, using the serial number, which is how I know what the codes should be, but it refused to complete the install.

Skickat från min Nexus 7 via Tapatalk 2 HD beta

bogdan99999

Jul 4, 2012
I dont understand. Why galaxy mini has a lot of roms ( like CM or MIUI ) and galaxy mini plus dont have? With what is more special galaxy mini than galaxy mini plus?

bogdan99999

Jul 4, 2012
Cause Samsung even not support Mini +, also dev are more like to Mini than Mini +.

Ya, but broadly about these two phones like, isn't it?

EDIT:
F4uzan, you and one or two other users want to start a project for this phone. That project is stopped or you work at it? Is it posibble to modify a ROM that is already maked? I mean, if someone take's CM for galaxy mini can he/she modify that CM ROM in order to work on galaxy mini plus device?

Last edited:

kissingmylove

Jun 26, 2012
Hue
Ya, but broadly about these two phones like, isn't it?

EDIT:
F4uzan, you and one or two other users want to start a project for this phone. That project is stopped or you work at it? Is it posibble to modify a ROM that is already maked? I mean, if someone take's CM for galaxy mini can he/she modify that CM ROM in order to work on galaxy mini plus device?

so hard bcoz of different chipset,need specific kernel

F4uzan

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 20, 2012
EDIT:

Yep, i stopped the project. Cause managing CM10 for AsCender laptop, CM9 for MediaTek devices, CM10.1 for AsCender Laptop, and managing something for Mini isn't really easy you know.

CM needs a custom kernel, and not based stock kernel like Cor_Plenus.
CM isn't stock based ROM like JellyBlast, or Creed. CM is a FULL STANDALONE CUSTOM ROM, which based AOSP (Android Open Source Project) and not based Samsung ROM.

bogdan99999

Jul 4, 2012
Yep, i stopped the project. Cause managing CM10 for AsCender laptop, CM9 for MediaTek devices, CM10.1 for AsCender Laptop, and managing something for Mini isn't really easy you know.

CM needs a custom kernel, and not based stock kernel like Cor_Plenus.
CM isn't stock based ROM like JellyBlast, or Creed. CM is a FULL STANDALONE CUSTOM ROM, which based AOSP (Android Open Source Project) and not based Samsung ROM.

Ok, I understand ( but let me say: oh damm it). We should take our mind from that rom then.

Reactions: max931

kissingmylove

Jun 26, 2012
Hue
guys finally i booted it

Attachments

• screenshot-20130117-124754pm.png
    screenshot-20130117-124754pm.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 222
  • screenshot-20130117-124613pm.png
    screenshot-20130117-124613pm.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 229
  • screenshot-20130117-124742pm.png
    screenshot-20130117-124742pm.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 221
Reactions: bekshind
D

dbtvillanueva

Hey nice work!
When will you release it????

Sent from my GT-S5570I

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Do not try to flash mini KERNEL/ROM/RECOVERY in a plus device. Most probably you will soft/brick your device.

mini/pop plus have few different hardware parts and nand structure. here is some plus hardware specs. ODIN not detecting plus device. Reply if anyone have more information and developing.

Attached working root and cwm zip files.
    Recovery Mode: Volume Up + Home + Power
    Download Mode: Volume Down + Home + Power

Processor: ARMv6 rev 5 - 832Mhz
    RAM : 362 MB - 72MB Reserved
    GPU : Broadcom Videocore 4
    NAND : 512MB
    system : stl9 - 225MB
    cache : stl10 - 35MB
    data : stl11 -189MB

rtj4w2.png
    j0jtdd.png
    dz8bab.png

Unbrick S5570I

HOW TO UNBRICK

This is a tutorial that got my Galaxy Mini Plus/Turbo Unbricked
    1. Download this: S5570I.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/?0ct2k0ujc4ys9z7

Extract it (WinRaR)
    2. Open Odin3_v1.84.exe
    3. Press PIT and choose tassve_0623.pit
    4. Press BOOTLOADER and choose DefaultCalData....
    5. Press PDA and choose PDA_S5570I....
    6. Press PHONE and choose MODEM_S5570I....
    7. Press CSC and choose GT-S5570I-MULTI....
    8. Shut down your phone if it isn't
    9. Reboot it in ODIN Mode (Volume Down + Home + Power)
    10. Press Volume Up to enter The Odin Download Mode
    11. Now the ODIN should recognize your phone (Yellow text comes up in the program LEFT upper corner
    12. Press start
    13. Wait for it to finish, it should pop up a blue message RESET and then PASS in green.
    14. You're done
    READ: After you unbrick it, your phone is in italian. To fix this, press the right button after you boot up your phone, then choose preferred language.
    Enjoy

TESTED & WORKING
    Well, here it is. The regular disclaimers: I take no responsibility for bricked, semi-bricked, quarter-bricked and otherwise non-functional devices. Your choices, your risk. I don't take any credit for the build itself, just for ripping it off the phone, packaging and sorting out various mishaps in it - credits for the ROM itself go to someone in Samsung IL or their importer labs, I guess. Credits for update.zip template go to sajidmkhan and his HYBRID ROM.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    ROM Base: native GINGERBREAD.IXXKL4 build.
    All the HW should be functional.

Version 1.0:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?a0ojod38owkeqsv
    Description:
    This is a stock deodexed rooted ROM (old Superuser - I'll try to update to SuperSU if I get to fix Email.apk), includes RTL patch - Hebrew/Arabic should work fine. Doesn't include Email.apk, which crashes. Otherwise everything looks functional.

Version 1.1:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?vfl7aersaxyvdmx
    Changes: fixed and added Email.apk (MS Exchange support), fixed SU access, changed to SuperSU, added sysrw/sysro scripts, removed Perfect Keyboard, sorted out updater-script.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Instructions:

1. Put the file on your SD card.

2. Boot to stock recovery:
    Power down the phone.
    Press and hold VolUp + Home.
    Press and release Power.
    Recovery should load.
    Release Home.
    Release VolUp.​

3. Choose "wipe data/factory reset". It'll erase all user data. This step is MANDATORY.

3. Choose "flash update.zip", and select the file on the SD card.
    Stock recovery accepts unsigned files.​

DON'T use CWM recovery - it doesn't flash anything!
    updated 1st post with working root and cwm zip files and benchmark screen shots.
    Checked Galaxy Y custom ROM on Mini Plus.

Results:
    ADB works.
    Screen works.
    Buttons work.
    WiFi doesn't work.
    Orientation sensor is shifted 90% right.
    GPS works.
    USB Mass Storage works.
    Sleep mode restarts the thing.

I also have a custom deodexed 2.3.6 for Galaxy Mini backed up. Missing boot.img though. And boot.img of Galaxy Y is most likely responsible for WiFi and orientation sensor failures.

Looks like I can create a ROM ZIP that will have some, if not all, functionality.

Will update soon.

P.S. CWM in first post doesn't help much - it can't flash anything, only back up.