Changing fonts in ICS

Search This thread

redsox985

Aug 30, 2011
PA
Has anyone had luck changing fonts in ICS? I've tried the obvious app solutions, as well as flashable .zip's, and even renaming the desired font to the same one as is in the /system/fonts folder and replacing it that way. Ideas?

LifeInAnalog

Dec 13, 2010
Georgetown
...probably falls under your "tried all the obvious" courses of action, but the only way I've ever universally changed the fonts is through jrummy's "Root Tools" ...though I haven't tried it on AOKP yet.

redsox985

Aug 30, 2011
PA
...probably falls under your "tried all the obvious" courses of action, but the only way I've ever universally changed the fonts is through jrummy's "Root Tools" ...though I haven't tried it on AOKP yet.

I think I finally got it. I had taken SonySketch (desired font) regular, bold, italic, and bold-italic, and masked each of them with the proper name found in the /system/fonts file and made them into a flashable .zip but this didn't fix it. Today, I just dropped all of them into a folder on my SD card, and used Root Browser to copy-paste them over from my SD to /system/fonts and rebooted...VIOLA! The entire phone has been changed. I'm going to try making a flashable .zip again though so that it's easier to share.

EDIT: Here are the new flashable .zip's. I just took the Steel Droid 5 .zip that was on my desktop and erased everything but the fonts file then duplicated it, keeping META-INF but replacing the stock fonts in the 2nd .zip with the renamed Sony Sketch fonts. Tell me how it goes if you're interested.

Attachments

• ICSStockFonts.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 75
  • SonySketch.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Reactions: ArmorD

olorolo

Mar 4, 2011
Pittsburgh
Absolute system or from toolbox will change your fonts to whatever you like

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

redsox985

Aug 30, 2011
PA
Absolute system or from toolbox will change your fonts to whatever you like

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

Have you tried this in ICS though? Because JRummy's Font Installer doesn't do the trick. No font installer has (Root Tools, ROM Toolbox, Font Installer, etc.) has done the trick yet on ICS. Only my renaming trick has done it for me on ICS. I know all of the switchers work on GB.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I think I finally got it. I had taken SonySketch (desired font) regular, bold, italic, and bold-italic, and masked each of them with the proper name found in the /system/fonts file and made them into a flashable .zip but this didn't fix it. Today, I just dropped all of them into a folder on my SD card, and used Root Browser to copy-paste them over from my SD to /system/fonts and rebooted...VIOLA! The entire phone has been changed. I'm going to try making a flashable .zip again though so that it's easier to share.

EDIT: Here are the new flashable .zip's. I just took the Steel Droid 5 .zip that was on my desktop and erased everything but the fonts file then duplicated it, keeping META-INF but replacing the stock fonts in the 2nd .zip with the renamed Sony Sketch fonts. Tell me how it goes if you're interested.