HTC One 32gb Unlocked Edition

Search This thread

kanwar144

Jan 4, 2010
Chandigarh
will this work in india , we dont have LTE here but 3g and gsm ..!!! i dont know there was some confusion about the bands that they are giving ..!!
and whats different from the original version else than the unlocked thing.

PapaRhino

Dec 9, 2011
Buffalo
I REALLY didn't want silver but I want the phone and this price was far less (considering no tax) even after overnight shipping and I want it , so I ordered this one. 64gb is a waste for me anyway :D.

I'll be getting mine shipped overnight too! $593.54 for this unlocked masterpiece is a great price!

Joshnor713

Jun 19, 2010
If I'm on T-mobile, does it make sense getting this or waiting for the T-mobile version? A little confused by this. A little reading said that the dev version is more tuned for ATT's frequencies.

emepror

Feb 23, 2013
So this unlocked version can use most of the frequencies Verizon uses for their network, will I be able to drop a sim card into the phone and have it work on the network? And if I can't, what's the reasoning behind it? Ie hardware needs to support all bands etc.

mjskraju

Aug 23, 2011
So this unlocked version can use most of the frequencies Verizon uses for their network, will I be able to drop a sim card into the phone and have it work on the network? And if I can't, what's the reasoning behind it? Ie hardware needs to support all bands etc.

You can't use this phone on Verizon Network, that's simply because this is a GSM device and Verizon offers their services(Voice & 3G data) on CDMA network. Although some of the supported LTE frequencies you see with this device may have the Verizon's LTE frequency.

nrkid9

Feb 3, 2012
You can't use this phone on Verizon Network, that's simply because this is a GSM device and Verizon offers their services(Voice & 3G data) on CDMA network. Although some of the supported LTE frequencies you see with this device may have the Verizon's LTE frequency.

Verizon uses a SIM card for their 4G LTE networks. I think it would be usable as a data-only device, for those of us who like to stick to Google Voice or another VOIP service. I've heard it's cheaper to go with a data only service anyways, so that's probably the route I'll be going if I can get a confirmation.

mjskraju

Aug 23, 2011
will this work in india , we dont have LTE here but 3g and gsm ..!!! i dont know there was some confusion about the bands that they are giving ..!!

Yes you can use this handset in our country(India), since it supports GSM bands as well as HSPA/WCDMA 2100 Mhz frequency, which is what being used by the operators in India to provide 3G services. So, you will have no problem in using this handset with any GSM operator in India even if you want to use 3G. But even after 4G services being rolled out in our country(some parts like Kolkata & Bangalore already have it) it can't be used for 4G in India, because as of now, our carriers choose 2300 Mhz frequency for rolling out 4G along with a completely different implemented technology(TD-LTE) whereas all of the US carriers use FD-LTE technology in implementing their 4G networks. Hence all the LTE phones manufactured for US will support only FD-LTE technology, but that may change as dual technology supported modems will come to the market in future.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Verizon uses a SIM card for their 4G LTE networks. I think it would be usable as a data-only device, for those of us who like to stick to Google Voice or another VOIP service. I've heard it's cheaper to go with a data only service anyways, so that's probably the route I'll be going if I can get a confirmation.

I don't have an exact idea how the US network carriers operate their plans(I only know the frequencies on which the US carriers provide services). And as I said you will see the Verizon 4G frequencies in the supported frequencies list of HTC One 32GB unlocked version sold by HTC. It's better to check with your carrier.

Reactions: kishorsidu

OCedHrt

May 18, 2009
San Jose
Get the Tmobile version, this will note work on most HSPA+ or LTE Tmob frequencies.

Not that I have all the answers...but seems like there's a bit of misinformation in this thread.

The developer edition does seem to support TMOUS LTE frequencies, but it does not have AWS on WCDMA (3G). It may be possible to install TMOUS radio on it and get AWS support, but I'm just speculating.

There is also a TMOUS preorder, that one likely has different frequencies (it's listed on a page somewhere, but no on the pre-order page). This happens to be $199 with 2 year contract, or $649 without contract. Now you ask, "But TMOUS UnCarrier!?!" That only applies to plans purchased from TMOUS, not a 3rd party vendor (HTC).

crawlgsx

Jun 21, 2007
Maine, USA
Not that I have all the answers...but seems like there's a bit of misinformation in this thread.

The developer edition does seem to support TMOUS LTE frequencies, but it does not have AWS on WCDMA (3G). It may be possible to install TMOUS radio on it and get AWS support, but I'm just speculating.

There is also a TMOUS preorder, that one likely has different frequencies (it's listed on a page somewhere, but no on the pre-order page). This happens to be $199 with 2 year contract, or $649 without contract. Now you ask, "But TMOUS UnCarrier!?!" That only applies to plans purchased from TMOUS, not a 3rd party vendor (HTC).

It has been discussed to death on other threads, this information is not incorrect. This phone supports Tmobile 1900MHZ LTE, which Tmobile only has in limited parts of the country.

The Unlocked 32GB edition does NOT have 1700mhz. (nor does the Dev edition) which is what MOST of Tmobile depends on right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: scm_crash

harpr33t

Jan 27, 2013
It has been discussed to death on other threads, this information is not incorrect. This phone supporst Tmobile 1900MHZ LTE, which Tmobile only has in limited parts of the country.

The Unlocked 32GB edition does NOT have 1700mhz. (nor does the Dev edition) which is what MOST of Tmobile depends on right now.

Interesting...I live in nyc and I'm pretty sure its going to be refarmed

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://shopamerica.htc.com/cell-phones/productdetail.htm?prId=41589

32GB Unlocked GSM $574.99

Sim unlocked GSM version with 32GB (not bootloader unlocked)

Nice! Good price.
    My unlocked one arrived today after shipping Saturday ;)

I only had the tracking number that they emailed me to work off of... My order status has stopped working since the HTC email about the delay. Happily rocking my 32gb device with successful bootloader unlocked

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
    Pardon my lack of knowledge but does the 32Gb model have the capability of hotshot tethering or is that only avail on the 64Gb Developer model?

depends on how big of a hotshot you actually are.
    Guys, please don't listen to the guy. He knows nothing about the radio bands. The international version WILL work on tmobile, hspa+ if available in your area, if not, it will work on 3g,edge, etc, what ever tmobile has for your area. It supports ALL bands.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

Lol, we should actually not listen to you :p

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app

Yes you can use this handset in our country(India), since it supports GSM bands as well as HSPA/WCDMA 2100 Mhz frequency, which is what being used by the operators in India to provide 3G services. So, you will have no problem in using this handset with any GSM operator in India even if you want to use 3G. But even after 4G services being rolled out in our country(some parts like Kolkata & Bangalore already have it) it can't be used for 4G in India, because as of now, our carriers choose 2300 Mhz frequency for rolling out 4G along with a completely different implemented technology(TD-LTE) whereas all of the US carriers use FD-LTE technology in implementing their 4G networks. Hence all the LTE phones manufactured for US will support only FD-LTE technology, but that may change as dual technology supported modems will come to the market in future.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

I don't have an exact idea how the US network carriers operate their plans(I only know the frequencies on which the US carriers provide services). And as I said you will see the Verizon 4G frequencies in the supported frequencies list of HTC One 32GB unlocked version sold by HTC. It's better to check with your carrier.