[Kernel][AOSP 4.3 / CM10.2 NOT NIGHTLIES / M7][experimental] crpalmer | Aug 25, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dr_acula

Jun 11, 2011
johnson city, tn
This might be a dumb question but I'm curious. Since using terminal to set 192 & 1674, it seems like my phone is really favoring those 2. As almost all other frequencies are >.2%. I'm not complaining at all, I love this kernel and battery life is great, just curious. Could it be ondemand affecting this?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369456193840.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369456193840.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 657
  • uploadfromtaptalk1369456202839.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369456202839.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 666

Nov 21, 2012
This might be a dumb question but I'm curious. Since using terminal to set 192 & 1674, it seems like my phone is really favoring those 2. As almost all other frequencies are >.2%. I'm not complaining at all, I love this kernel and battery life is great, just curious. Could it be ondemand affecting this?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
Try kernel tuner and make sure every cpu is set to ondemand. What is your powersave bias? Try setting to 200-500 and see what it does. It should be spending a little more time in all states but depending on your settings and usage it will go to max quickly.

jamiethemorris

Jan 7, 2013
Anyone benchmarked this in quadrant yet? Just curious, I know the stock kernel was getting rather low scores for me. Not like it matters since I know it's still a wip, just wondering.

Sent from my DNA using Tapatalk 2

-DroidIsDNA-

Jan 14, 2013
rochester
Anyone benchmarked this in quadrant yet? Just curious, I know the stock kernel was getting rather low scores for me. Not like it matters since I know it's still a wip, just wondering.

Sent from my DNA using Tapatalk 2

I'm getting a mean score of 18, 500 on this and 21, 050 on stock. Palmers isn't really meant for high scores because of his hot plug.

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
is there a fail safe built into the boot script? like if i UV too much and cant get my device to boot? is that something that could be added?

i mean i know i could boot into recovery and "adb shell" into the device cd to the /sdcard and nano crpalmer-uv and then change the file but if i dont have access to a pc...

Last edited:

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011
is there a fail safe built into the boot script? like if i UV too much and cant get my device to boot? is that something that could be added?

i mean i know i could boot into recovery and "adb shell" into the device cd to the /sdcard and nano crpalmer-uv and then change the file but if i dont have access to a pc...

Twrp has a terminal built into it. You can use that to simply remove the file. I suspect that cwmr also has a shell?

djh816

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 26, 2009
I managed to get it to download before it got all funky, running beautifully

Mirror it please.

Edit: Also, any reason we aren't using mega.co.nz? I used to see roms posted on megaupload all the time. I'd be glad to have the files hosted at one of the android dev sites but they have so many issues we can't depend on a link for even a few hours..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    7I run this kernel with my own CM10.2 builds based on Chad's branches. These builds differs slightly from the builds that flyhalf is providing. As such, this is a pretty experimental to run any on ROM. That said, I would expect it to be compatible with all the CM10.2 based ROMs that are being produced by pio_masaki, .torrented, etc..

Finally, do not submit bug reports to ROM developers when running this kernel. If you have a bug that you want to report, please flash the kernel that came with your ROM (easiest is to just dirty flash the full ROM) and reproduce the problem.

Features, Installation Instructions, historic changelog, github link, Etc.

Instructions for configuring boot-time tweaks.

Releases

These kernels will only work with ROMs build with the M7 based kernel / CM 10.2 Nightlies

None

These kernels will only work with ROMs build with CM 10.2 changes from Aug 8, 2013

Version 3.5.1: Aug 25, 2013: Linux, Video
    * A couple of small changes I made to the video, pushed to chad's tree but never released in my kernel.
    * Updated Linux base from 3.4.54 to 3.4.58

Version 3.4.0: Aug 17, 2013: Video, Bluetooth, Audio, Network, Clocks and Power
    * There are no changes here that haven't been pushed upstream to the CM 10.2 kernel.

These kernels are likely to break the camera for 4.2.2 / CM 10.1 based ROMs and only work for ROMs built prior to Aug 8, 2013.

Version 3.1.2: Aug 5, 2013: Video, Audio, Network, Camera
    * Video changes pulled from the M7 and the msm-8960 kernels (sent to Chad's branch)
    * Audio changes to get us closer to MR2 audio drivers (sent to Chad's branch)
    * Chad's camera drivers.

These releases are tested against CM 10.2 builds only. They may or may not work for CM 10.1 based builds. I don't see any reason that they won't work on 10.1 but who knows....
    * Note new version numbering: I've started numbering at 3.x.y as I was having a hard time keeping the Sense kernel and this kernel in sync on version numbers and because this is a big transition point anyway...
    * Note: new annotation "sent to Chad's branch": I find it is hard to keep track of version to version differences because the majority of the work I have been doing I send to Chad's kernel for everyone to use. With version 3.0.2, I'm going to try to annotate the changes with this notation so that you can tell what is included or not included in each kernel version...

Version 3.0.2: July 28, 2013: Linux 3.4.54, CMU 10.2 (experimental!), clock fixes,
    * Updated clock code from CAF (send to Chad's branch)
    * Added SELinux support (send to Chad's branch)
    * Bluetooth wakelock improvements (not perfect yet), (sent to Chad's branch)
    * Added the ability to restore HTC's "color_enhancement" mode, to do so create a file /sdcard/crpalmer-color-enhancement.
    * Fixed 2D clocks (send to Chad's branch)
    * Fix clock settings during boot (send to Chad's branch)
    * Fix display clock "esc_byte_ratio" that changed after we removed the world's biggest hack added by HTC to the video drivers (sent to Chad's branch)
    * Regulator: correctly unprepare clocks when disabling them (send to Chad's branch)
    * Change display initialization / shutdown to make it nicer and match up better with how the M7 is doing it (sent to Chad's branch)
    * Large set of commits from the M7 kernel for the CM 10.2 display compatibility (sent to Chad's branch)
    * Fix a dsi clock warning "stuck at off" (send to Chad's branch)
    * Fix a warning about HDMI PLL clocks (sent to Chad's branch)
    ** These two commits may help some flickering screen issues, but you'll have to let it settle for awhile before you know for sure.

These releases require a ROM based on the CM commits on July 7th. Using a ROM with an older CM base will almost definitely fail to boot:

Version 2.0.39-cm1: July 12, 2013: Linux 3.4.52
    * Updated clock code from CAF
    * Do not let the video driver control our regulator (fixes crash when turning device on?)
    * Fix vsync timing issue
    * Regulator / voltage / frequency tweaks (closer to CAF / stock)

Version 2.0.38-cm1: July 7, 2013: Linux 3.4.52
    * Linux version 3.4.51 / 52 merged in
    * Reverted a small change to the PWM values used for the display (it wasn't giving any value so why change ti)
    * Includes a major display overhaul from the cm-10.1 tree

These releases require a ROM based on the CM commits on June 23rd. Using a ROM with an older CM base will not necessarily work. Some ROMs released around the 23rd were built by reverting some changes made by the upstream CM committers. These may require an older kernel to work....

Version 2.0.34-cm2: June 24, 2013: fixes, debug messages
    * Toned done yet more HTC debugging messages
    * Enable UTF-8 codepage support for Windows file-systems
    * Fix error in HTC's light-sensor calibration table (overflows the 16-bit number they are using)

These releases require a ROM based on the CM commits on June 6th. Using a ROM with an older CM base will not work.

Version 2.0.32-cm3: June 15, 2013: fix last_kmsg & a guess at crashes
    * Fix /proc/last_kmsg
    * Revert voltage changes in previous kernel
    * Really remove some debugging that I meant to remove last releease

Version 2.0.32-cm2: June 15, 2013: display off fix, linux 3.4.49, scheduler & mutex improvements
    * Linux 3.4.49
    * Three scheduler performance improvements
    * Move to more standard and slightly faster mutex implementation
    * Fix for turning the display off
    * Removed yet more excessive HTC debugging
    * Changed some voltages and frequencies back to stock values to not confound any display problems
    * Small audio fixes from CAF

Version 2.0.30-cm3: June 8, 2013
    * Linux 3.4.48
    * Fix CVE-2013-2595
    * Decrease latency in cpufreq frequency changes
    * Updated wifi driver to 1.88.21
    * Small audio fixes
    * Decrease display bandwidth from what chad has

Releases below here will not work CM-10.1 based builds sync'ed after June 6

* Version 2.0.29-cm5: June 2, 2013
    * Use dedicated high priority work-queue to make cpufreq transitions faster
    * Note: this is the first version that include chad0989's touchscreen fix and is required to fix it
    * Version 2.0.28-cm2: May 28, 2013
    * Version 2.0.27-cm4: May 26, 2013: This is probably the minimal version that will work on CM based builds including the 5/26 changes that chad0989 has made.
    * Version 2.0.26-cm2: May 23, 2013: Initial CM compatible release
    New release:

* Version 2.0.29-cm5: June 2, 2013
    * Use dedicated high priority work-queue to make cpufreq transitions faster
    * Note: this is the first version that include chad0989's touchscreen fix and is required to fix it
    New release:

Version 3.4.0: Aug 17, 2013: Video, Bluetooth, Audio, Network, Clocks and Power
    * There are no changes here that haven't been pushed upstream to the CM 10.2 kernel.
    Haven't had any issues on carbon. Was the 192 slot removed? I though I had seen people say they had it set.

Doh! Good question. I forgot to include this in the last changelog.

The 192 slot was removed because chad switched to a different clock driver and it would require some fairly intrusive changes to re-introduce it. According to the tables used for this driver, the 384000 slot uses the same power as the 192000 did in the previous version of the kernel. So, it should use the same power as the 192000 slot but allow more processing to be done before it switches to a higher slot.
    FYI, chad0989 just pushed some commits that are dependent on kernel changes. My current kernel will definitely not work with any ROM based on the changes that chad pushed today. The next kernel I release will likely only work for ROMs that contain the changes pushed today by chad.