[Q] Bricked AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4

Search This thread

jonathanml86

Jul 8, 2013
Hello all, if anyone could please help me, I would be extremely grateful.

I updated my Cyanogenmod nightly to the release for December 8th, 2013. The download seemed to be fine, it rebooted into the twrp, and then it rebooted, but then my phone never loaded back up. I tried restarting my phone with the power button, and eventually resulted to the battery pull, but yet my phone still wouldn't load.

I then tried going into the twrp again, and tried to flash a nightly upload that I had used from December 4th, it seemed to of loaded, but again my phone never loaded up.

I tired all day to use Odin to flash the ATT stock firmware, but I kept getting an ODIN FAILED error. I tried several different firmware downloads for ATT, and again, still no luck.

I am really upset over this, and would love to know why the update didn't work, and MORE IMPORTANTLY, how do I fix my device???

Atrix2destroyer

Apr 13, 2012
Quincy
Samsung experience shop

Go to a Best buy with a local Samsung Experience center. They can flash the Latest 4.3 software on it from your carrier as long as it turns on and gets to download mode. I did the same thing to mine a month or so back and it saved my phone haha. Its a cool tool they have that i wish i could some how pirate haha

Hello all, if anyone could please help me, I would be extremely grateful.

I updated my Cyanogenmod nightly to the release for December 8th, 2013. The download seemed to be fine, it rebooted into the twrp, and then it rebooted, but then my phone never loaded back up. I tried restarting my phone with the power button, and eventually resulted to the battery pull, but yet my phone still wouldn't load.

I then tried going into the twrp again, and tried to flash a nightly upload that I had used from December 4th, it seemed to of loaded, but again my phone never loaded up.

I tired all day to use Odin to flash the ATT stock firmware, but I kept getting an ODIN FAILED error. I tried several different firmware downloads for ATT, and again, still no luck.

I am really upset over this, and would love to know why the update didn't work, and MORE IMPORTANTLY, how do I fix my device???

HiTideBlastoise

Nov 4, 2012
I'd still try Odin. If you go to best buy, once you get 4.3 no custom recovery or cyanogen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

jonathanml86

Jul 8, 2013
I'd still try Odin. If you go to best buy, once you get 4.3 no custom recovery or cyanogen

I was actually able to unbrick my phone using the Kies app for Mac. I don't know why I didn't try this earlier. I suppose I was trying to hold onto my root, and ability to flash custom roms onto my phone. Less than 24 hours of stock firmware, and I'm already annoyed. I also ran an update from At&T, and now I'm on 4.3. I'm still a n00b when it comes to the rooting and flashing. Yes, I can manage to follow and read directions to get my phone loaded with custom roms. But here's where I'm at now....

I'm running an unrooted AT&T Galaxy S4 with 4.3. I want Cyanogenmod back, and I want it now!!!

What do I do next????

Reactions: rayandreas

hnldriver77

Jan 15, 2012
you can root it, but that will trip the knox counter to 0x1,

id suggest going into download mode to see if you've tripped the knox counter to 0x1, if not and you want no warranty go to the original dev thread and look for ways on rooting there

if your wanting warrenty, your pretty much hooped then bud...

Last edited:

HiTideBlastoise

Nov 4, 2012
Unfortunately at this point, you have root through vroot or kingo and that is all I can say. You cannot install a custom recovery, so no cyanogen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I was actually able to unbrick my phone using the Kies app for Mac. I don't know why I didn't try this earlier. I suppose I was trying to hold onto my root, and ability to flash custom roms onto my phone. Less than 24 hours of stock firmware, and I'm already annoyed. I also ran an update from At&T, and now I'm on 4.3. I'm still a n00b when it comes to the rooting and flashing. Yes, I can manage to follow and read directions to get my phone loaded with custom roms. But here's where I'm at now....

I'm running an unrooted AT&T Galaxy S4 with 4.3. I want Cyanogenmod back, and I want it now!!!

What do I do next????