Bluetooth headset will not launch voice dial of google now

Search This thread

gilsh4321

Nov 20, 2013
For some reason, pressing the phone button on my Bluetooth headset (Scala Rider), will not launch google now, or any other app on my LG G2. It seems like the phone do not recognize the headset as handsfree kit.
Anyone has an idea how to solve this issue? I’ve checked the headset set with some other phones (GALAXY 3, Optimus G) and it worked fine.

thanks,

Cavalier Condorelli

Nov 25, 2010
same problem here

For some reason, pressing the phone button on my Bluetooth headset (Scala Rider), will not launch google now, or any other app on my LG G2. It seems like the phone do not recognize the headset as handsfree kit.
Anyone has an idea how to solve this issue? I’ve checked the headset set with some other phones (GALAXY 3, Optimus G) and it worked fine.

thanks,

Hi, I have the same issue! I've been searching for a solution for a while without success.
I have contacted the LG support and they confirm to me that there is no voice call function through bluetooth headsets.
My model is LG G2 (Stock SW Version D80210a-EUR-XX).
The following are the attempts have made:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2476080&page=5 (post 43)
NOTE: I have Google Now instead of Google search and I use Cyberon Voice Commander instead of Voice Dialer

-I've tried Bluetooth Launch
-I've tried VoiceDialerLauncher.apk (Post 10 Quote: "It is because phone launch MIC_VOICE_COMMAND intent action instead of VOICE_COMMAND. I wrote small application that intercept MIC_VOICE_COMMAND and run VOICE_COMMAND. I tried it with motorolla Voice Commands (installed on system partition) and it is works fine.")

-I've tried Tasker AUTOVOICE!

I think the solution is quite simple, for example with an xposed module, but we have to make our request to be take into account seriously.

Please keep us in touch if we found a solution!

juajar

Feb 18, 2012
I tried to copy all Bluetooth files from a D801 ROM with no luck... Phone is Bricked, if anyone can help im sure its easy to enable HFP in our version.

juajar

Feb 18, 2012
Hi Guys, got a solution for you... Sort of...

What I found you can do is remap the redial action on your headset/car to activate the voice dialer app. Just download an app called "Smart Bluetooth Headset" by Yassen Dobrev https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yado.btbut

Then set it to remap the Redial Button to open your favorite voice dialer.

This might not be what we where looking for but it will do the trick handsfree.

Best

ak538cn

May 19, 2014
I have the same problem; the phone button does not work in both my intercom-headset (Sena SMH5) inside my helmet and in my car stereo bluetooth hands free phone.
I tried changing this file /system/etc/bluetooth/audio.conf as in http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1023193 but no luck
I heard that with CyanogenMod roms there is not this problem, but I prefer to stay with the stock rom.
Anyone has come up with a solution?

Last edited:

ilrisolutore

Sep 26, 2012
Hi, I have the same issue! I've been searching for a solution for a while without success.
I have contacted the LG support and they confirm to me that there is no voice call function through bluetooth headsets.
My model is LG G2 (Stock SW Version D80210a-EUR-XX).
The following are the attempts have made:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2476080&page=5 (post 43)
NOTE: I have Google Now instead of Google search and I use Cyberon Voice Commander instead of Voice Dialer

-I've tried Bluetooth Launch
-I've tried VoiceDialerLauncher.apk (Post 10 Quote: "It is because phone launch MIC_VOICE_COMMAND intent action instead of VOICE_COMMAND. I wrote small application that intercept MIC_VOICE_COMMAND and run VOICE_COMMAND. I tried it with motorolla Voice Commands (installed on system partition) and it is works fine.")

-I've tried Tasker AUTOVOICE!

I think the solution is quite simple, for example with an xposed module, but we have to make our request to be take into account seriously.

Please keep us in touch if we found a solution!

Don't work for me :(