PLEASE HELP: Can't get back into my HTC One!!!

Search This thread

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
I thought I found something about it, but tried it and it didn't work. Would this be a good place to start? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1917237 ?

yep just like that

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

lol ok well that's very visual
did you find and read the parts about using fastboot and adb ? on your MAC ?

you should be close
boot to the bootloader (your 2nd screen shot) fastboot usb with phone plugged into you mac
open terminal and type
fastboot erase cache
then
fastboot reboot

does you phone start up now ?

quoting myself in case you missed it

TynanV

Feb 1, 2014
yep just like that

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

quoting myself in case you missed it

It just says "command not found". Where do I type this in?

After these 2 lines?
Last login: Sun Feb 2 13:26:07 on ttys000
Tynans-MacBook-Pro:~ (username)$

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
It just says "command not found". Where do I type this in?

After these 2 lines?
Last login: Sun Feb 2 13:26:07 on ttys000
Tynans-MacBook-Pro:~ (username)$

I'm having a really hard time helping you ..you seem to lack very basic computer skills. I'm sorry but some things you just have to know before you start messing with a phone like this. knowing how to unzip a file and run a basic command in terminal are minimum ...what if you really needed something complicated ? We are on 15 post, on just learning to clear the cache ..it's very frustrating to me sorry.

TynanV

Feb 1, 2014
I'm having a really hard time helping you ..you seem to lack very basic computer skills. I'm sorry but some things you just have to know before you start messing with a phone like this. knowing how to unzip a file and run a basic command in terminal are minimum ...what if you really needed something complicated ? We are on 15 post, on just learning to clear the cache ..it's very frustrating to me sorry.

I ran a bunch of commands yesterday in terminal and just figured out how to unzip the files. It's harder to do on Mac since there's no option to like with PC.

TynanV

Feb 1, 2014
have you run the fastboot erase cache yet ?

Ended up figuring out how to do it and I did end up installing the ROM, now trying to go back to stock ROM since the one I installed doesn't even install apps properly.. I'm almost there except I can't run an RUU. Have that in a different thread though.