[ROM][AOSP][Unofficial] CarbonRom KitKat [mondrianwifi] [8.4"]

Search This thread

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
So is this ROM finished now where there are no more updates going to be done?

It's never 'finished'...

I'm still working with the guy who designed CarbonFibers to try and fix that... there's commits on gerrit which are being bounced around to try and resolve that issue.

Once that is done, the ROM should be good for official and can build nightly. Otherwise, I don't see the point of rebuilding it every night myself unless there's some big fix - IE CarbonFibers, or adding MultiWindow like I did last run.

acdcking12345

Mar 17, 2011
It's never 'finished'...

I'm still working with the guy who designed CarbonFibers to try and fix that... there's commits on gerrit which are being bounced around to try and resolve that issue.

Once that is done, the ROM should be good for official and can build nightly. Otherwise, I don't see the point of rebuilding it every night myself unless there's some big fix - IE CarbonFibers, or adding MultiWindow like I did last run.

I appreciate that. I was just checking. I ran Carbon on my last tablet and really enjoyed it. But reading through here, I see some issues, but I think I will try it anyway. I still bet I like it better than what is being ran now.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Any updates to this or is this dead?

I never did sort out (fully) the issues with CarbonFibers...

One of the team members starting rewriting the application so it's more tablet friendly, but never finished it unfortunately.

I haven't rebuilt it because interest in it seemed pretty low, and with CarbonFibers not working correctly, there didn't seem much point.

Reactions: bigmike35

Airtioteclint

Nov 20, 2012
I never did sort out (fully) the issues with CarbonFibers...

One of the team members starting rewriting the application so it's more tablet friendly, but never finished it unfortunately.

I haven't rebuilt it because interest in it seemed pretty low, and with CarbonFibers not working correctly, there didn't seem much point.

If you build. They will come.

sweeeeet

Jun 27, 2013
does installing a rom and/or kernel fix the annoying buzzing sound while playing ram heavy games like racing rivals

I hear it when I'm in a quiet room and the tab is on low, mute or silent or it a hardware malfunction and I should return?

note duece

triplef90

May 3, 2011
Porto
does installing a rom and/or kernel fix the annoying buzzing sound while playing ram heavy games like racing rivals

I hear it when I'm in a quiet room and the tab is on low, mute or silent or it a hardware malfunction and I should return?

note duece
Mine has the same problem... And is stock, it has Towel Root only...

sweeeeet

Jun 27, 2013
I did some research but it doesn't look like anyone had the problem and tried changing the kernel or rom so I was wondering if that was a fix.. because people reported that when they sent it to Samsung for a speaker fix the problem persisted making me think it was more of a software problem than a hardware problem

note duece

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
carbon is my favourite rom, what a pity a updated build is not available for my t325 :(

yep..same so many 320s though anyway understand most folks do not own though many devs develop for devices not owned by them and here the 320 and 25 are so close..but have to settle what is there

KaptKeefmenneke

Apr 26, 2013
yep..same so many 320s though anyway understand most folks do not own though many devs develop for devices not owned by them and here the 320 and 25 are so close..but have to settle what is there
There is a Cyanogenmod build for the 325. If you can use this developers @crpalmer sources or git it shouldn't be to hard to build it yourself. As I can remember from my HTC one x+ carbonrom uses very much cyanogenmod sources and has a very similar build proces like Cyanogenmod. If you read a few guides or how to's you should get It booting very easily the rest is a little more work but not that hard. Especially because it has been build both for the 320 too.

Last edited:
Reactions: mac231us

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
i was thinking to do that for my T325 but have never done before so I'm a little scared.. i had in the past a little experience with Linux and compiling and i imagine I'll have to face many compiling errors... :p

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
I loved carbon on my other tablets

Carbon Fibers always FC'd... so all of the options for Carbon were basically unavailable.

At least on this tablet. The guy who wrote CF originally was going to re-write it... but never really completed it. The app was never built for tablets.

b3ltazar

Jun 21, 2010
syracuse ny
Carbon Fibers always FC'd... so all of the options for Carbon were basically unavailable.

At least on this tablet. The guy who wrote CF originally was going to re-write it... but never really completed it. The app was never built for tablets.

It's all good thanks for keeping us posted. Any testing u want done let me know always ready Since the 8.4 is around now 199-249$ us most places I think there will be alot of demand for ROMs.....it really is a nice tablet. getting ready to put it in my minivan but have alot of work left.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All official Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

Carbon Downloads

For mondrianwifi downloads:

CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20140429-0035-mondrianwifi.zip
    CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20140612-2345-mondrianwifi.zip

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

Hey folks.

None of this would have been possible without the hard work of @crpalmer - he got the device started on CM, and did 99.999% of the hard work for this device bringup!!

I have done some basic tests - it boots!

The stock keyboard seems to be missing a lot - I'm sure installing an alternative will solve that issue. I'm also getting a lot of FC's from Google Keyboard.

CarbonFibers is not happy, going to look into that.

Should be on par with CM. Let me know what you find!
    Its not terrible, initial sync and (waiting for) building are the worst parts, google is your friend for errors. I may have to fire up my machine just for building this.
    So is this ROM finished now where there are no more updates going to be done?

It's never 'finished'...