[Q] Fastest way to flash back to stock 4.1.2

Search This thread

EineBeBoP

May 5, 2014
You can not go from VRUCML1 4.3 ota to 4.1.2. Are you attempting to flash via Odin? Cuz there's no going back to pre-4.3 once you're on it.

Crap.

I lost my IMEI at one point, panicked, flashed something that soft bricked me, and over the course of a panicked/sleepless night I guess I flashed the 4.3 OTA.

I'm trying to resurrect this phone for my wife, but it boots up and immediately goes into "Roaming" and stops receiving texts/calls and data after a few minutes.

Any thoughts?

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
Crap.

I lost my IMEI at one point, panicked, flashed something that soft bricked me, and over the course of a panicked/sleepless night I guess I flashed the 4.3 OTA.

I'm trying to resurrect this phone for my wife, but it boots up and immediately goes into "Roaming" and stops receiving texts/calls and data after a few minutes.

Any thoughts?

Is Settings/Mobile Networks/Preferred Network Type set to CDMA+LTE/EVDO? Since you're on VRUCML1, have you tried Odin flashing it again to see if it fixes itself automatically from a flesh flash?

EineBeBoP

May 5, 2014
Is Settings/Mobile Networks/Preferred Network Type set to CDMA+LTE/EVDO? Since you're on VRUCML1, have you tried Odin flashing it again to see if it fixes itself automatically from a flesh flash?

None of the 3 network types work. It keeps prompting me to switch back to global.

I've flashed it several times, but its always the same. is I535VRUCNC1_I535VZWCNC1_HOME.tar the correct one I should be flashing?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With what you are asking for, you want Odin. Odin flash this file and it will wipe your phone clean and restore you to stock, unrooted VRBMF1 4.1.2. You will want to root and unlock. Do not take any OTAs when your phone boots up. Follow section 5 of Droidstyle's guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1762709

Just use the tar file I linked below in Odin:

Only flash if it ends in .tar or .tar.md5, here is the VRBMF1 tar:

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23134718111254196

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
    Hopefully you are still awake. I wiped internal memory and did a factory reset for safety (don't worry I removed my SD card haha) And I flashed CleanRom8.1 zip and it said it was successfully flashed. When I rebooted the device I got the "please enter pin or password for this encrypted device" message with an area to type in. This phone has never been encrypted. What do I do? If I wiped internal why would anything other than what I flash be on the phone.

Never heard of that happening. Is it before it starts to boot?
    I wiped Internal memory, wiped data&cache, reboot....bootscreen.....la la la la...."Enter PIN or Password" screen appears. For a brief moment my statusbar is shown. The phone appears to be in airplane mode. It does not show the proper time either.

I did a quick Google and it looks like for some reason or another that rom installed encrypted. A factory reset should fix your problem.
    SlimSnoop I'm wondering if you have any suggestions for my most recent conundrum. Thank you for your help!

I have seen this issue before but mostly that encyption popup is displayed in TWRP. I don't recall seeing any one method that ultimately worked for people. If you search for "encrypt" in this Q/A forum, there are 7 pages of results with a lot of inconclusive results or workarounds. I've skimmed the first 3 pages and haven't seen anything that stands out but I've seen similar issue reported by a few others.
    I did a quick Google and it looks like for some reason or another that rom installed encrypted. A factory reset should fix your problem.

Thank you for your help Pagel!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app