Network Unlock not working - Do I need stock?

Search This thread

gdselzer

Aug 30, 2010
I am running SlimKat 4.4.2 on an i747. Baseband = I747UCDMG2.

I received the Network Unlock code from AT&T. Inserted a T-Mobile sim card, and when I entered the unlock code it was unsuccessful. I have seen comments that Network Unlock will only work from stock, but none of the comments seemed very authoritative.

Do I need to revert to stock in order to unlock the phone? If so, will this method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2722660 get me what I need? If there is another way to do this, or something else is wrong, I'd like to know about it before going through this.

Thanks

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Stock dialer is what is required.

And no, if you flash 4.3 firmware you will never be able to use the free unlock method. Odin flash 4.1.1 firmware only. Then you can unlock. You'll have to factory reset too btw.

gdselzer

Aug 30, 2010
DIALER. Got it!

As I stated in my OP, I received my unlock code from AT&T already. I'm not trying to use the free unlock method. Will the 4.3 firmware work for that?

Stock dialer is what is required.

And no, if you flash 4.3 firmware you will never be able to use the free unlock method. Odin flash 4.1.1 firmware only. Then you can unlock. You'll have to factory reset too btw.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DIALER. Got it!

As I stated in my OP, I received my unlock code from AT&T already. I'm not trying to use the free unlock method. Will the 4.3 firmware work for that?

Yes, just enter another carrier's sim card to get prompt for the unlock code.