Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bajasur

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 19, 2012
San Clemente
Bounty Details VZW Build MI9

*UPDATED 10/21/2013*

First and foremost, all credit for this bounty template goes to @open1your1eyes0, with his permission.
Thank you very much

Since this is xda, and a vast percentage of us here desperately need root for many of our apps and mods that we use on a daily basis (including myself), not to mention custom recoveries so we could flash custom roms and such. It is now very critical that we (at the minimum) get root access on the verizon galaxy note 3 as soon as possible. As a result of this necessity, i would like to personally offer a $25 bounty to the first person able to find or create a method that allows us to fully root and provide the necessary steps for rooting the verizon galaxy note 3 here on xda.

Furthermore, I would like to personally offer a $50 bounty to the first person able to find or create a method that allows us to bypass the bootloader checks and boot into a custom recovery and provide the necessary steps here on xda.

Whoever you are, you will be doing us and many other upcoming owners of this device a great justice, and for that consider this as a token of my appreciation. I also greatly encourage and welcome anyone else willing to chip in to this bounty to post here and i will have the op updated of all users' donations to this request.

Greatly looking forward to anyone interested in becoming a candidate.

Root Bounty​

REQUIREMENTS

1. Be the first person to create or find a method to achieve the following:
  • exploiting a fully stock verizon note 3 MI9 build to gain root access

2. Make a post in this thread with the following:
  • proving it works with appropriate photos and/or screenshots
  • providing full step-by-step instructions for which anyone else can follow

3. Wait for at least one member to follow the same method and confirm it works the same on their fully stock device with stock firmware build

4. Claim your bounty via pm from donator(s)

payment will be processed between each member and the bounty collector via pm on an individual basis​

LIST OF DONATORS
  • [mention]Bajasur $25 PAID
  • [mention]njfoses $25 PAID
  • Js0uth $20
  • 92slammer $20 PAID
  • gramsey911 $20 PAID
  • slow88Ix $10
  • BossJ $25 PAID
  • derrtydee $25 PAID
  • dohturdima $10 PAID
  • chhaggerty $10 PAID
  • BotsOne $10 PAID
  • Sublimaze $25 PAID
  • Antivanity $10
  • fletch33 $25 PAID
  • beanstown106 $20 PAID
  • 2swizzle $20 PAID
  • bgs_piece $15
  • FruitBowlMafia $100:good:
  • clockworkstop $10
  • jfrancis999 $50 PAID
  • usacarry $25 PAID
  • vampire5003 $10
  • boynamedstacy $20 PAID
  • dk0r $25
  • inseek $25 PAID
  • mynameismolotov $10 PAID
  • davorado $25 PAID
  • cjcarter1254 $25 PAID
  • t436h05t $25 PAID
  • GirlLuvsDroid $25 PAID
  • keymaster911 $50
  • Exodus885 $35
  • JKforUA $25 PAID
  • illstaygold13 $100:good:
  • bigillz $25 PAID
  • thecolorsduke $25 PAID
  • higgs.boson $10 PAID
  • BigTomZ $50 PAID
  • xBryan $10 PAID
  • GrainOsand $25 PAID
  • NWNJ $5 PAID
  • donaldkbart $25
  • flascrnwrtr $20 PAID
  • nutpn $20 PAID
  • jmboulware $25
  • droidstyle $20 PAID
  • FrostyOrDie $10 PAID
  • BIGSIKE3 $20 PAID

TOTAL: $1155

Bootloader Bypass or Full Unlock + Recovery Bounty

REQUIREMENTS​

1.Be the first person to create or find a method to achieve the following:
  • Unlocking, exploiting, or bypassing the bootloader on stock Verizon Note 3 MI9 build, to get custom recovery as well

2.Make a post in this thread with the following:
  • Proving it works with appropriate photos and/or screenshots
  • Providing full step-by-step instructions for which anyone else can follow

3.Wait for at least one member to follow the same method and confirm it works the same on their fully stock device with stock firmware.
Claim your bounty via PM from donator(s)

4.Payment will be processed between each member and the bounty collector via PM on an individual basis.

Payment will be processed between each member and the bounty collector via PM on an individual basis.

LIST OF DONATORS
  • [mention]Bajasur $50 PAID
  • [mention]njfoses $100:good: PAID:good:
  • js0uth $20
  • 92slammer $10
  • gramsey911 $20
  • slow88Ix $10
  • blap017 $30 Add On $100for Full BL Unlock By End of November PAID
  • BossJ $50
  • derrtydee $25 Add On $25 for Full BL Unlock PAID
  • sshafranko $25
  • dohturdima $15 Add On $25 for Full BL Unlock PAID SS
  • FrostyOrDie $10 Add On $10 for Full BL Unlock PAID
  • chhaggerty $20 PAID
  • BotsOne $20
  • Sublimaze $50 Add On $50 for Full BL Unlock PAID
  • Antivanity $100:good:
  • fletch33 $50
  • beanstown106 $40
  • 2swizzle $20 PAID
  • bgs_piece $30
  • clockworkstop $10
  • Han Solo 1 $25
  • usacarry $50
  • vampire5003 $10
  • boynamedstacy $50 PAID
  • dk0r $50
  • billymaloney3 $30 PAID
  • mynameismolotov $50
  • jgrimberg1979 $10 for SS, Add On $25 for Loki, Add On $50 for Full BL Unlock
  • GirlLuvsDroid $50 PAID
  • keymaster911 $50
  • Exodus885 $125:good:
  • illstaygold13 $50
  • thecolorsduke $50
  • higgs.boson $25 PAID
  • xBryan $10
  • GrainOsand $50
  • donaldkbart $50
  • flascrnwrtr $20 PAID
  • jmboulware $50
  • davorado $50 PAID
  • erispimp $15 PAID
  • samg77 $100:good:
  • CG256 $25 for Full BL Unlock
  • tw1n5nak35 $100:good: PAID
  • moemoney12 $10 Add On $15 for Full BL Unlock PAID
  • jdec539 $20 Add On $20 for Full BL Unlock PAID
  • siggmund $75 for Full BL Unlock
  • HarleyDroid PAID $10 Add On $20 for Loki
  • Imike6453 $40 PAID
  • leojsayta $30 for full unlock
  • xXJay_RXx $25 Add On $50 for Full BL Unlock PAID
  • TJF2012 $50 for Full BL Unlock PAID
  • mgr15a@yahoo.com $20 for Full BL Unlock
  • LillieBennet $25 PAID
  • fishflies $50 PAID

TOTAL: $2610:good::good::good:

Note: This amount reflects the total amount donated at the time of the latest update for ALL donations. Depending on what type of Unlock/Bypass is achieved, price may vary

DISCLAIMER

• Please note before making a post in the thread please refer to this post to see if your post will be acceptable. If it is not part of this list, your post will be reported and you may risk getting an infraction as per forum moderators.
  • Please note if you do not explicitly state separate prices for root or bootloader bypass/recovery bounties, your contribution of the same price will be add to both lists.
  • Please note you may not submit a contribution for only ONE bounty. If you post a contribution, one price will be applied to both bounties unless separate prices are explicitly stated.
  • Please note you do not have to pay for both bounties separately. Whichever bounty gets fulfilled first is the one that you pay for upon collection. This is why your contribution is added to both lists automatically.
  • Please note you may not make any specific restrictions or requirements that aren't listed in the OP. By making a post with your contribution price you are agreeing to paying out based on all terms listed in OP only and nowhere else.
  • Please note once you make a post with your contribution you may not withdraw it at any time and are responsible for paying out once the bounty is claimed. The only changes that can be made are another post raising the prices if you choose so. Please make sure you read everything carefully. No exceptions!
  • Please be advised that if Verizon or Samsung is to release an official method of unlocking the bootloader (extremely unlikely but must be accounted for) prior to any member of XDA's submission, this bounty automatically becomes invalidated.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 4,250
Last edited:

bajasur

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 19, 2012
San Clemente
@AdamOutler,

Would you mind chiming in here when you get a chance and letting us know if you have any note 3 plans ahead?

We are hearing rumors that you're done with Samsung devices (I wouldn't blame you)

Either way, thanks for everything you've done.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: erispimp

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
@AdamOutler,

Would you mind chiming in here when you get a chance and letting us know if you have any note 3 plans ahead?

We are hearing rumors that you're done with Samsung devices (I wouldn't blame you)

Either way, thanks for everything you've done.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Its not a rumor. What a shame...he is a genious.

BotsOne

Apr 3, 2011
Colorado Springs
I think anyone working on exploits should idle in #galaxy-note-3 on freenode so that we can brainstorm with each other. Unless there's already some other room set up. IRC works a lot better for this sort of thing. I'll be in there my name is bots on freenode :good:

Reactions: bajasur

dohturdima

Jan 6, 2011
Put me down for $25 (bootloader unlock) and $10 (root) . The locked bootloader is the only thing that is keeping me from using my dumbphone upgrade on a VZW N3

Last edited:

bajasur

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 19, 2012
San Clemente
*DONATOR LIST UPDATED* at 0935 on 10/8/2013

Let's see how high we can get this bounty before the phone releases!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you pledged for root bypass please send your donations to designgears.

Doesn't matter that he's moved on from the device.

And while I greatly appreciate the donations (and I know several of you donated), it doesn't hurt my feelings if you wait for a full functioning Safestrap (able to flash ROMs to rom slots).

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk
    Hi Guys,

At this time, I am VERY reluctant to take a donated device, due to the amount of unknowns that are still in play with the hijack process on the Note 3. It is literally one of the first production devices running Android 4.3 and SELinux: Enforcing.

Over the last few days, I've been examining what's needed to get Safestrap up to par for a device like this, and I was able to fix-up the 2nd-init hijack to work with Android 4.3's new libc (bionic) changes.

But, that change doesn't solve the potential SELinux issues. Over the next week or so, I will be sending out experimental Safestrap builds to a few testers (who have made it perfectly clear a brick doesn't bother them) for the express purpose of seeing how much play we have in the current SElinux policies.

So for now, while I am pleasantly surprised at the gesture, let's hold off on a device donation.

Thanks!
    SM-N900V Odin files obtained... root is coming :)
    Bounty Details VZW Build MI9

*UPDATED 10/21/2013*

First and foremost, all credit for this bounty template goes to @open1your1eyes0, with his permission.
    Thank you very much

Since this is xda, and a vast percentage of us here desperately need root for many of our apps and mods that we use on a daily basis (including myself), not to mention custom recoveries so we could flash custom roms and such. It is now very critical that we (at the minimum) get root access on the verizon galaxy note 3 as soon as possible. As a result of this necessity, i would like to personally offer a $25 bounty to the first person able to find or create a method that allows us to fully root and provide the necessary steps for rooting the verizon galaxy note 3 here on xda.

Furthermore, I would like to personally offer a $50 bounty to the first person able to find or create a method that allows us to bypass the bootloader checks and boot into a custom recovery and provide the necessary steps here on xda.

Whoever you are, you will be doing us and many other upcoming owners of this device a great justice, and for that consider this as a token of my appreciation. I also greatly encourage and welcome anyone else willing to chip in to this bounty to post here and i will have the op updated of all users' donations to this request.

Greatly looking forward to anyone interested in becoming a candidate.

Root Bounty​

REQUIREMENTS

1. Be the first person to create or find a method to achieve the following:
    • exploiting a fully stock verizon note 3 MI9 build to gain root access

2. Make a post in this thread with the following:
    • proving it works with appropriate photos and/or screenshots
    • providing full step-by-step instructions for which anyone else can follow

3. Wait for at least one member to follow the same method and confirm it works the same on their fully stock device with stock firmware build

4. Claim your bounty via pm from donator(s)

payment will be processed between each member and the bounty collector via pm on an individual basis​

LIST OF DONATORS
    • [mention]Bajasur $25 PAID
    • [mention]njfoses $25 PAID
    • Js0uth $20
    • 92slammer $20 PAID
    • gramsey911 $20 PAID
    • slow88Ix $10
    • BossJ $25 PAID
    • derrtydee $25 PAID
    • dohturdima $10 PAID
    • chhaggerty $10 PAID
    • BotsOne $10 PAID
    • Sublimaze $25 PAID
    • Antivanity $10
    • fletch33 $25 PAID
    • beanstown106 $20 PAID
    • 2swizzle $20 PAID
    • bgs_piece $15
    • FruitBowlMafia $100:good:
    • clockworkstop $10
    • jfrancis999 $50 PAID
    • usacarry $25 PAID
    • vampire5003 $10
    • boynamedstacy $20 PAID
    • dk0r $25
    • inseek $25 PAID
    • mynameismolotov $10 PAID
    • davorado $25 PAID
    • cjcarter1254 $25 PAID
    • t436h05t $25 PAID
    • GirlLuvsDroid $25 PAID
    • keymaster911 $50
    • Exodus885 $35
    • JKforUA $25 PAID
    • illstaygold13 $100:good:
    • bigillz $25 PAID
    • thecolorsduke $25 PAID
    • higgs.boson $10 PAID
    • BigTomZ $50 PAID
    • xBryan $10 PAID
    • GrainOsand $25 PAID
    • NWNJ $5 PAID
    • donaldkbart $25
    • flascrnwrtr $20 PAID
    • nutpn $20 PAID
    • jmboulware $25
    • droidstyle $20 PAID
    • FrostyOrDie $10 PAID
    • BIGSIKE3 $20 PAID

TOTAL: $1155

Bootloader Bypass or Full Unlock + Recovery Bounty

REQUIREMENTS​

1.Be the first person to create or find a method to achieve the following:
    • Unlocking, exploiting, or bypassing the bootloader on stock Verizon Note 3 MI9 build, to get custom recovery as well

2.Make a post in this thread with the following:
    • Proving it works with appropriate photos and/or screenshots
    • Providing full step-by-step instructions for which anyone else can follow

3.Wait for at least one member to follow the same method and confirm it works the same on their fully stock device with stock firmware.
    Claim your bounty via PM from donator(s)

4.Payment will be processed between each member and the bounty collector via PM on an individual basis.

Payment will be processed between each member and the bounty collector via PM on an individual basis.

LIST OF DONATORS
    • [mention]Bajasur $50 PAID
    • [mention]njfoses $100:good: PAID:good:
    • js0uth $20
    • 92slammer $10
    • gramsey911 $20
    • slow88Ix $10
    • blap017 $30 Add On $100for Full BL Unlock By End of November PAID
    • BossJ $50
    • derrtydee $25 Add On $25 for Full BL Unlock PAID
    • sshafranko $25
    • dohturdima $15 Add On $25 for Full BL Unlock PAID SS
    • FrostyOrDie $10 Add On $10 for Full BL Unlock PAID
    • chhaggerty $20 PAID
    • BotsOne $20
    • Sublimaze $50 Add On $50 for Full BL Unlock PAID
    • Antivanity $100:good:
    • fletch33 $50
    • beanstown106 $40
    • 2swizzle $20 PAID
    • bgs_piece $30
    • clockworkstop $10
    • Han Solo 1 $25
    • usacarry $50
    • vampire5003 $10
    • boynamedstacy $50 PAID
    • dk0r $50
    • billymaloney3 $30 PAID
    • mynameismolotov $50
    • jgrimberg1979 $10 for SS, Add On $25 for Loki, Add On $50 for Full BL Unlock
    • GirlLuvsDroid $50 PAID
    • keymaster911 $50
    • Exodus885 $125:good:
    • illstaygold13 $50
    • thecolorsduke $50
    • higgs.boson $25 PAID
    • xBryan $10
    • GrainOsand $50
    • donaldkbart $50
    • flascrnwrtr $20 PAID
    • jmboulware $50
    • davorado $50 PAID
    • erispimp $15 PAID
    • samg77 $100:good:
    • CG256 $25 for Full BL Unlock
    • tw1n5nak35 $100:good: PAID
    • moemoney12 $10 Add On $15 for Full BL Unlock PAID
    • jdec539 $20 Add On $20 for Full BL Unlock PAID
    • siggmund $75 for Full BL Unlock
    • HarleyDroid PAID $10 Add On $20 for Loki
    • Imike6453 $40 PAID
    • leojsayta $30 for full unlock
    • xXJay_RXx $25 Add On $50 for Full BL Unlock PAID
    • TJF2012 $50 for Full BL Unlock PAID
    • mgr15a@yahoo.com $20 for Full BL Unlock
    • LillieBennet $25 PAID
    • fishflies $50 PAID

TOTAL: $2610:good::good::good:

Note: This amount reflects the total amount donated at the time of the latest update for ALL donations. Depending on what type of Unlock/Bypass is achieved, price may vary

DISCLAIMER

• Please note before making a post in the thread please refer to this post to see if your post will be acceptable. If it is not part of this list, your post will be reported and you may risk getting an infraction as per forum moderators.
    • Please note if you do not explicitly state separate prices for root or bootloader bypass/recovery bounties, your contribution of the same price will be add to both lists.
    • Please note you may not submit a contribution for only ONE bounty. If you post a contribution, one price will be applied to both bounties unless separate prices are explicitly stated.
    • Please note you do not have to pay for both bounties separately. Whichever bounty gets fulfilled first is the one that you pay for upon collection. This is why your contribution is added to both lists automatically.
    • Please note you may not make any specific restrictions or requirements that aren't listed in the OP. By making a post with your contribution price you are agreeing to paying out based on all terms listed in OP only and nowhere else.
    • Please note once you make a post with your contribution you may not withdraw it at any time and are responsible for paying out once the bounty is claimed. The only changes that can be made are another post raising the prices if you choose so. Please make sure you read everything carefully. No exceptions!
    • Please be advised that if Verizon or Samsung is to release an official method of unlocking the bootloader (extremely unlikely but must be accounted for) prior to any member of XDA's submission, this bounty automatically becomes invalidated.
    I have a new bugfix version im working on. The charger bug is fixed and a few dev related changes.

Trying to trace down 1-2 more bugs and then I'll put it out.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk