[ROM]Cyanogenmod 9 Unofficial Alpha[4.0.3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

renzo.olivares

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2011
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * I am not part of the Cyanogenmod Team
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 9 to the HTC Evo 3D?, or coming from another ROM?
  1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
  2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
  4. Perform a factory reset.
  5. Flash CyanogenMod.
  6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?
  1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
  • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

CyanogenMod:

Headset Work around:
http://code.google.com/p/toggleheadset/downloads/detail?name=ToggleHeadset.apk

Other

Credits:
Tripnraver
Chad.goodman
Preludrew
Cayniarb
Jayharper
Cyanogenmod Team​

Bugs:
Camera[Video/3d/etc]
4G Wimax
SDCard Mount To PC
In call mute​

The CyanogenMod team would like you to know this is a Kang and to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Last edited:

lpjzfan2005

Feb 14, 2011
Mo City
Looks like this is still uploading... Does this have hw acc like your other ics port??? Dude I'm so excited to flash this when it gets done uploading!!

PS: to you and Chad, please do not let the douchebags get you down, I've been lurking here since 2010 and now just started posting after I got my 3d, but damn I have never seen such a group of ungrateful people, joelz I really think people forget you dev for a huge amount of HTC phones, and Chad as the resident badass of kernel making people are gonna be jealous and try to shut you down, your Rev 009 kernel was the best thing to grace my phone. Sorry for the tl;dr but I just think people don't appreciate what yall do for us, I just want to say on behalf of the better part of the community, yall are the **** and we love what yall do for us!

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Last edited:

kellybrf

Nov 16, 2007
Google Pixel 8
thanks so much to both of you for all the time you put in. sorry you have to deal with all the bull**** of immature posters but know there is a less vocal majority of us who appreciate you making the community what it is

xHausx

Jul 5, 2010
Central Florida
Nice, just when I started to get bored. Thanks :)

I'm guessing the hardware accel is still not fully functional?

Last edited:

jasKaos

Aug 26, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Gahhh can't wait... sad to see the downloads aren't finished uploading yet (not for me at least, GAPPS is at 8MB) and no download for CM9 showing up :(

renzo.olivares

Jan 6, 2011
sorry guys gapps is done uploading yea its small i know lol the rom will upload shortly my rezound was on cyanogen mod 9 which doesnt have ril working so i have to switch to htc sense real quick to upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * I am not part of the Cyanogenmod Team
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 9 to the HTC Evo 3D?, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
    Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

CyanogenMod:

Headset Work around:
    http://code.google.com/p/toggleheadset/downloads/detail?name=ToggleHeadset.apk

Other

Credits:
    Tripnraver
    Chad.goodman
    Preludrew
    Cayniarb
    Jayharper
    Cyanogenmod Team​

Bugs:
    Camera[Video/3d/etc]
    4G Wimax
    SDCard Mount To PC
    In call mute​

The CyanogenMod team would like you to know this is a Kang and to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    reserved for me

oh yes...phone gasm
    This is whack.. nothing seems to be working right... why would I take a perfectly functioning phone and switch to rom full of problems? I think i'll wait for official release from HTC there are too many bugs in this release. Thanks for nothing. Cyanogenmod always has crashes and bugs I think i'll use my bandwith somewhere else.

You need to find somewhere else to troll. I will not put up with this kind of bs at all.

---Jay---
    I just built cm9 from source :D

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA App