[ROM][4.1.2] Unofficial IceColdJelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sproutd

Sep 5, 2011
Askam
I am so downloading this sh!t right now!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

mrjaydee82

Apr 5, 2010
Naples, FL
Swagger is actually supposed to have a dictionary with metro or gangsta slang words... if you will. for auto correct. I'm honestly not sure how well that is implemented nowadays, since I haven't run a swagg ROM for quite a while. I am excited to try this one out perhaps tomorrow. :)
https://github.com/AOKP/frameworks_base/commit/bc0bf82aefd6968f2b18bf243904bdbe8593fd85#diff-0
Here's the commit on what it does. "Nothing" lol
Sent from my HOX w/CM10.1 :)

As of right now it does nothing...but I remember reading somewhere that it will do something in the future....like some sort of hack for enabling butter on 4.1.2

My blazingly fast as f*#k One XL fueled with CM10.1

TheEmpyre

Sep 23, 2012
Flashed a few hours ago, loving the customize UI options and it's running very smooth. Only bug I found was that if I enable the wake and unlock feature for SMS even if I have my pattern lock enabled, it will bypass the lock and wake my phone.

=JKT=

Mar 19, 2012
Hamilton
This ROM seems to be running smoothly. It is missing the mobile data toggle though. And I can't see how it really differs from other AOKP based ROMs?

Sent from my One XL using XDA Premium

As far as features go, I'm not sure there is any difference. However, features don't entirely make a rom what it is. There are varying degrees of optimisation/variation to every build.

On Desire Z, for example, there were several cm7 variants, but one... unnamed rom... was very noticeably faster and smoother than most others.

The changelog would be stuff like "cleaned up code in such and such a lib" etc.

I don't know if ice cold jelly is better or worse than Rohan's official build, but it's not exactly the same code (and it's not about 'better or worse' anyway), so all we can do is try it and see if it works well for us.

And it's working really well for me =)

Also, I'm fairly sure the data toggle isn't in any 4.1 based AOKP. (or am I confusing that with the WAP toggle?)

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

aznrice2k4

May 27, 2010
Chi-Town
As far as features go, I'm not sure there is any difference. However, features don't entirely make a rom what it is. There are varying degrees of optimisation/variation to every build.

On Desire Z, for example, there were several cm7 variants, but one... unnamed rom... was very noticeably faster and smoother than most others.

The changelog would be stuff like "cleaned up code in such and such a lib" etc.

I don't know if ice cold jelly is better or worse than Rohan's official build, but it's not exactly the same code (and it's not about 'better or worse' anyway), so all we can do is try it and see if it works well for us.

And it's working really well for me =)

Also, I'm fairly sure the data toggle isn't in any 4.1 based AOKP. (or am I confusing that with the WAP toggle?)

Its there. Just gotta do it manually.

*#*#4636#*#*

Sd card is now mountable with third party app. ICJ overlays are complete.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360571530236.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360571530236.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 284

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Its there. Just gotta do it manually.

*#*#4636#*#*

Sd card is now mountable with third party app. ICJ overlays are complete.

That wasn't what I meant. I meant the mobile data notification toggle, to turn mobile data on and off, not to switch between H+ and LTE.

D

Deleted member 3452239

I was putting my case back on... and If I put enough pressure on the screen (in a certain spot, BARELY 2 psi?) the screen turns off until I release the pressure..

Good job HTC!

Last edited by a moderator:

aznrice2k4

May 27, 2010
Chi-Town
That wasn't what I meant. I meant the mobile data notification toggle, to turn mobile data on and off, not to switch between H+ and LTE.

Yeah dude its there. Data off and lte. Maybe I blind or something but the inverse toggles data on and off.

=JKT=

Mar 19, 2012
Hamilton
I was putting my case back on... and If I put enough pressure on the screen (in a certain spot, BARELY 2 psi?) the screen turns off until I release the pressure..

Good job HTC!

From my adventures taking the device apart, the screen is connected by a few pins that just touch by virtue of the case holding the screen assembly on. No connector or anything. Think dock pins.

When I saw that I was a bit concerned that what you just described might start happening. But since its mechanically simple, a macguyver solution might be easy too..

aaron.a

Dec 24, 2010
So what's up with the battery drain on aosp roms? I want to try this but I mean, I also want my battery to last when my screen is off =/

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

D

Deleted member 3452239

So what's up with the battery drain on aosp roms? I want to try this but I mean, I also want my battery to last when my screen is off =/

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

then stick with sense.. people complaining about AOSP battery life irritates me. Sorry if this seems rude, but everybody bashing AOSP BECAUSE of the battery life is really annoying.

For what it's worth, my friend's iPhone 4 lasts for 7 hours per charge.

2axdzknP

RollTribe

May 23, 2012
Virginia, USA
then stick with sense.. people complaining about AOSP battery life irritates me. Sorry if this seems rude, but everybody bashing AOSP BECAUSE of the battery life is really annoying.

For what it's worth, my friend's iPhone 4 lasts for 7 hours per charge.

2axdzknP

Ik your partially trying to prove a point to someone but how much screen on time was that? It's impressive no matter what, but I'd just like to know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 3452239

This ROM is for the Dual Core version of the HTC One X ONLY. Tegra 3 (quadcore) users of the One X.. Your version is HERE! I sure don't want any bricks, and I know LorD ClockaN is tired of Dual core users bricking on his ROM.. DO SOME READING

1One_X_DP.png

The_Goods.png
    Source built for the HTC One X (evita)
    AOKP+
    CM10 kernel built from source

Known_Issues.png
    Mounting USB storage for file transferring between phone/computer busted.
    more? Please post a logcat and directions on how to recreate the bug

Thanks_to.png

h8rift
    rohan32
    aznrice2k4
    AOKP
    Cyanogenmod
    HTC
    Qualcomm
    IceCold Team (HTC One X [endeavoru])

Team Nocturnal IRC

D
    Deleted member 3452239
    Change_log.png

2-8-13
    Initial release

IceColdJelly 4.1.2
    Google Apps - for JB 4.1.2

D
    Deleted member 3452239
    O-M-G... I want this on my device so bad. But I'm plagued with the 4.1.2 WiFi issues.. And I'm sooo close to my data cap.... Ughhhhh

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

wellll.. there *may* be a 4.2.1 build this weekend.
    D
    Deleted member 3452239
    Flashed this last week and it bricked my phone.. yes I downloaded the Evita version of ICJ as i am using an AT&T One XL.. it completely borked my phone... black screen and sent it into qhsusb download mode.... took me forever to get it back to normal.... YES i can read.... my phone is the DUAL CORE model. just what this ROM was supposed to be for.

Congratulations. Instead of remaining calm and telling me what happened you come in with a huge attitude and give me crap. I'm done here. Goodbye

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
    not being pushy. any plans for an update.
    thanks brother
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

An update will be pushed for this when i get done upgrading my computer.. i need to find 250 bucks more for a better processor. I have more RAM on the way as we speak, so i might try to push an update for this when i get that installed. However, i cant promise anything until i get my new processor. Could be a week, could be a month.

Sorry guys, i just cant do any source builds with the way my computer is right now. I also plan on looking into building 4.2.1.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium