[KERNEL][4.3/4.4][AOSP] ¤ BMS ¤ d2tmo 3.4.y [2014-08-03]

Search This thread

GideonX

Jun 10, 2010
NYC
www.droidhype.com
With morfic's blessing, here's the continuation of the Trinity kernel in another form for AOSP Jellybean 4.2.

This was originally mainly developed for the Verizon SGS3, but some requests for a different versions were sent in. This is a blind build as I do not have a T-Mobile unit to test with. However, it has been tested and should work on T-Mobile.

Some highlights:

Code:
- Based on CM10.1 source
- Built with latest Linaro GCC 4.7 with optis
- Ramdisk tweaked (init.d support, unsecure)
- OC up to 1.836Ghz
- Stock GPU (OC makes no difference)
- Undervolted
- User voltage control
- Trinity colors
- Defaults to tweaked ondemand governor and row scheduler.
-- Available for user
--- Governor
---- msm-dcvs, interactive, conservative, ondemand, performance, wheatley, smoothass2, badass, asswax, dancedance, smartmax, ondemandplus
--- Scheduler
---- noop, deadline, row, cfq, sio, sioplus, bfq, zen
- USB Fast Charge (credit to imoseyon and chad) 
- fsync control (credit Ezekeel)
- Removal of mpdecision, uses tweaked auto_hotplug driver (credit to thalamus)
- Removal of thermald
- fix_permissions added to zip
- CM wifi tether WPA/WPA2 secure support
- Faux sound mod support

To install (no need to wipe anything):

- Download .zip below and place on your internal or external sdcard
- Reboot into CWM or the recommended TWRP
- Flash .zip
- Reboot

Notes:

- If you do not default to ondemand/row, check your /system/etc/init.d/ for startup scripts or the /system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh file to see if it's writing interactive/cfq to the scaling_governor and the scheduler.

I've pushed my build towards battery savings and it's been handling duties pretty well. Let me know how it works out for you. As with all things custom, please take all precautions (backups). Tested against CM, AOKP, BB7 and Carbon so far. Please let me know if you run into any issues.

Feel free to use your preferred kernel app for adjustments.

3.0.y Source - https://bitbucket.org/gideonx/bms_jb
3.4.y Source - https://bitbucket.org/gideonx/bms-jb-3.4.y

***** PLEASE CHECK WHICH ROM YOU ARE RUNNING. 3.0.y based roms can't use 3.4.y kernels and vice versa. *****

Download latest 3.0.y Build d2tmo - HERE
Download latest 3.4.y Build d2tmo - HERE

Thanks to morfic and all the devs! And to TheSeanTeam for posting and supporting this as long as they were able.

XDA:DevDB Information
BMS AOSP Kernel for d2tmo, Kernel for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
GideonX
Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2013-11-11
Last Updated 2014-08-03

Last edited:

TheSeanTeam

Feb 13, 2007
[KERNEL][JB42][AOSP] ¤ BMS ¤ d2tmo 3.0.y + 3.4.y 2013-05-12 Build

I am not the Dev of this kernel. I am simply a fan who wishes to share this awesome kernel with my fellow T-mobilites. GideonX has graciously agreed to 'port' us a version he originally created for the Verizon GS3 for our devices.

I've been using it for about two days and it's been very responsive and very battery friendly.

As I stated, I am just the messenger and not the Developer. Give all the thanks, donations and kudos to him. Please post and bugs and feedback and I will pass them on to him. He is quite busy so no etas please. Please treat this as a development thread. Thank you.

So without any further ado, I present the awesome BMS Kernel...

---

MOD Edit: Original OP

Last edited by a moderator:

TheLastSidekick

Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
Re: [KERNEL][JB42][AOSP] ¤ BMS ¤ d2tmo [2013-02-13]

First! Thanks OP and morfic and GideonX!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: neim81094

clninja

Jun 25, 2011
Denver

Always loved morfics work... Willing to try.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

P06o

Feb 16, 2012
NYC
Google Pixel 6 Pro

About to flash, and will report findings. Been on stock cm kernel 4.2.2 for 3 days now with no issues (apart from cm issues) so changes will be obvious. Seriously looking forward to seeing Trinity color again. Thanks to op, morfic and GideonX

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

behappy

Mar 28, 2010
This Kernel has been working great with Liquid's 4.2.2. Only one that hasn't given me some type of annoying bug/problem. Anxious for the new version with voltage control. Thanks for your hard work :good:

TheSeanTeam

Feb 13, 2007

This Kernel has been working great with Liquid's 4.2.2. Only one that hasn't given me some type of annoying bug/problem. Anxious for the new version with voltage control. Thanks for your hard work :good:

Heads up... Got some good news. A new version with voltage control and additional governors coming real soon!

Last edited:

TheSeanTeam

Feb 13, 2007
On a side note, the Dev suggested Wheatley/Row for governor settings... I've been using it for the last day or so and it's working really well.

GideonX

Jun 10, 2010
NYC
www.droidhype.com
How can I enable fast charge after I've flashed the kernel? Thanks!

Easiest way is to use a kernel app. I'm using Trickstermod from the play store, works just fine.

Edit: You can also turn it off and on by using terminal emulator and issuing either:

echo 1 > /sys/kernel/fast_charge/force_fast_charge (on)

or

echo 0 > /sys/kernel/fast_charge/force_fast_charge (off)

Last edited:
Reactions: TheSeanTeam

tdizzle404

Nov 27, 2010
North Georgia
Re: [KERNEL][JB42][AOSP] ¤ BMS ¤ d2tmo [2013-02-20]

Easiest way is to use a kernel app. I'm using Trickstermod from the play store, works just fine.

I can't seem to get the setting to stick on boot with trickster mod "no frillz works fine"
Outside of that I'm running the kernel with Wheatley and row with tls's root box and couldn't be happier.
This is the only kernel I've flashed that I haven't had issues with .
So thanks again :)

GideonX

Jun 10, 2010
NYC
www.droidhype.com
I can't seem to get the setting to stick on boot with trickster mod "no frillz works fine"
Outside of that I'm running the kernel with Wheatley and row with tls's root box and couldn't be happier.

No frillz it is then :)

Reactions: TheSeanTeam

latinsbest

Nov 7, 2007
Hello friends... I just flashed this having Liquid 4.2.2 and I am still getting the T-Mobile page when using the tethering. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

BTW I have been doing some research and this seemed to be a possible solution but no luck.

TheSeanTeam

Feb 13, 2007

I'm using the exact same set-up. Very happy with everything so far.

Reactions: tdizzle404

Gorjira

Sep 17, 2012
A Place called Royal Oak

Stupid question might get stupid answer but... How does this kernel work with the newest PACman ROM? I've been wanting to see what this baby is capable of and are there stock kernels out there just in case?

TheSeanTeam

Feb 13, 2007

Stupid question might get stupid answer but... How does this kernel work with the newest PACman ROM? I've been wanting to see what this baby is capable of and are there stock kernels out there just in case?

Should work. Back your stuff up just in case.

Reactions: Gorjira

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [KERNEL][JB42][AOSP] ¤ BMS ¤ d2tmo 3.0.y + 3.4.y 2013-05-12 Build

I am not the Dev of this kernel. I am simply a fan who wishes to share this awesome kernel with my fellow T-mobilites. GideonX has graciously agreed to 'port' us a version he originally created for the Verizon GS3 for our devices.

I've been using it for about two days and it's been very responsive and very battery friendly.

As I stated, I am just the messenger and not the Developer. Give all the thanks, donations and kudos to him. Please post and bugs and feedback and I will pass them on to him. He is quite busy so no etas please. Please treat this as a development thread. Thank you.

So without any further ado, I present the awesome BMS Kernel...

---

MOD Edit: Original OP
    Build 2013-03-11 - http://goo.gl/T4UeB

- Sync'd to latest CM sources
    - Some algorithm changes
    - Faux sound support

Builds will be released around Sunday/Monday of every week if there's something worth releasing. Just a FYI for folks who are curious, thx.
    Build 2013-12-31 - http://www.droidhype.com/kernel/34

- More CM updates.
    - Linux 3.4.75.
    - Updated updater-binary to support newer recoveries.

Happy New Year!
    Decided to release a day early, enjoy :)

3.4.y Build 2013-04-13 - http://www.droidhype.com/kernel/34/

- Merged latest CM updates as of today
    - Updated to latest (and last) version of Linaro 4.7 toolchain (next build should be on 4.8)
    - Added some more -O3 optimizations
    - Re-added 192Mhz slot
    - Tweaked interactive for better performance and battery. Try the default settings and drop your hispeed_freq to around 810 or so. Insane.
    - Raised vmin to 975
    - Implement quick calibration (Credit BMc08GT)
    3.4.y Build 2013-05-28 - http://www.droidhype.com/kernel/34/

-Merged latest CAF updates as of today (AU_LINUX_ANDROID_JB_2.5.04.02.02.040.330)
    -Linux 3.4.46
    -Linux 3.4.47
    Frandom module is now supported http://billauer.co.il/frandom.html. This allows for the Crossbreeder mod to work. If all you want is to do is test out frandom, you can use this BMS frandom zip that contains the script needed to enable it. It will load a init.d script as well as place a testfrandom script in your system. You can open up terminal emulator and type in testfrandom to see if it worked. If you are seeing < 1s completion times, you're all set. (Credit to Eli Billauer, Ryuinferno and f1vefour and whoever was involved that I may have missed)
    -Reverted some commits to fix BT connection issues
    -192Mhz slot removed