xposed?

Search This thread

generalkrank

Aug 10, 2014
I have never used xposed but want to try it so i dont have to flash a new rom. Im just worried that i might get stuck in a boot loop and with no custom recovery yet i wont be able to fix it. Should i just wait for bootloader unlock or should i be fine. I have 4 kid and cant lose access to my phone in case of emergencies.

Edit**** i have installed xposed and so far everything i have tries in g3 tweakbox and gravity box has caused no problems.

iTbagdUrMac
I've been running xposed since root was released a couple days ago. If I have to question myself at all about a module, or a setting in a module working properly, I don't use it. I'm surprised there is so much drama going on about this. Yes, you can screw up things if you just go installing and activating modules and settings without researching first but, why would you do that?

Here are the modules I'm running :
Xposed GEL settings
JustBack(probably repetitive but it works)
G3 tweaksbox
YouTube adaway
And that Pandora one that got removed a while back ;)

Last edited:

nuclearmeltdown2046

Oct 10, 2012
I personally won't use xposed until I am able to have backup (nandroid) . There are to many things that could go wrong if your new to it. Correct me if I'm wrong but you need to have root 1st before running xposed ?
,,......................peace Brian

Reactions: generalkrank

generalkrank

Aug 10, 2014
I personally won't use xposed until I am able to have backup (nandroid) . There are to many things that could go wrong if your new to it. Correct me if I'm wrong but you need to have root 1st before running xposed ?

Lol no your right, i think they might have root ready in the next day or so. I. Just getting my ducks in a row thanks for the input.

everything is awesome!!!!!!

generalkrank

Aug 10, 2014
You're wise to wait. We'll start seeing posts soon from those who've borked their shiz being to impatient to wait for an unlocked bootloader and recovery for backing up.

Yeah i have been rooting for about four years now and i know how easy it is to soft brick and hard brick your phone

Last edited:

dodgeboy

Dec 6, 2006
Detroit, MI
I already installed xposed and started using it, no problems here!

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Free mobile app

What settings have you experimented with (successfully)? I'm interested in installing the module, but I've had a lot of times in the past (with other phones) where I've gotten in a boot loop, which required me to disable xposed from recovery. That would be very difficult to fix without a custom recovery, so I'm torn on whether or not to install it. Not sure how long a custom recovery is going to take.

TheRealJobe

Jul 28, 2007
I don't mean to be the voice of unsound reason, but I think the concerns are overstated.

Use TB to backup your apps and the associated data/meta data.
If you jack your phone up you can use the factory recovery and restore from the readily available factory roms.

If you jack your phone up so bad that you cant get into recovery... you probably shouldn't be doing anything you find on this site.

dakoellis

Jan 6, 2009
I don't mean to be the voice of unsound reason, but I think the concerns are overstated.

If you jack your phone up you can use the factory recovery and restore from the readily available factory roms.

If you jack your phone up so bad that you cant get into recovery... you probably shouldn't be doing anything you find on this site.
This actually happened to me. I TiBued everything then tried to change the build.prop. Bootlooped, and I was stuck without a phone overnight until I saw the post over in the back to stock thread on how to get it back working (Sprint is a slightly different procedure). That said, I'm back to where I was without much lost.

Reactions: generalkrank

iTbagdUrMac

Jun 5, 2010
I've been running xposed since root was released a couple days ago. If I have to question myself at all about a module, or a setting in a module working properly, I don't use it. I'm surprised there is so much drama going on about this. Yes, you can screw up things if you just go installing and activating modules and settings without researching first but, why would you do that?

Here are the modules I'm running :
Xposed GEL settings
JustBack(probably repetitive but it works)
G3 tweaksbox
YouTube adaway
And that Pandora one that got removed a while back ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: dodgeboy

generalkrank

Aug 10, 2014
Ok guys ive done my research and it seems fairly simple to recover so im going to throw caution to the wind and install it after i get off work.

Reactions: iTbagdUrMac

dodgeboy

Dec 6, 2006
Detroit, MI
Has anyone used G3 Tweaksbox to chang the status bar icons with success? So far, I've been able to modify the clock, battery icon, hide some status bar icons, change the behavior of the home button, disable the charging notifications, and hide some navigation bar items, all without an issue. But I'd love to replace the signal icons with something more reasonable. Sprint's LTE/3G icons are such a waste of space. I assume that the status bar icon pack would change those, but I haven't tried.

I'm very tentative with the changes, because I must've borked my S4 5 or 6 times modifying stuff with the tweak module that was available for that. It wasn't a big deal then, because I could just flash the disabler, or restore to a nandroid backup. We obviously don't have that luxury yet. I'm sorry if this comes off as "drama" to some, but I'm just trying to avoid having to flash it back to stock if I can.

aheeejd

I'm using xposed with gravity box & xblast tools. Changed the status bar icons, color, & could only change navbar size. Can only go so small before it distorts but you can see it as you slide the size slider.

Attachments

• 1408530807623.jpg
    1408530807623.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 228

generalkrank

Aug 10, 2014
Has anyone used G3 Tweaksbox to chang the status bar icons with success? So far, I've been able to modify the clock, battery icon, hide some status bar icons, change the behavior of the home button, disable the charging notifications, and hide some navigation bar items, all without an issue. But I'd love to replace the signal icons with something more reasonable. Sprint's LTE/3G icons are such a waste of space. I assume that the status bar icon pack would change those, but I haven't tried.

I'm very tentative with the changes, because I must've borked my S4 5 or 6 times modifying stuff with the tweak module that was available for that. It wasn't a big deal then, because I could just flash the disabler, or restore to a nandroid backup. We obviously don't have that luxury yet. I'm sorry if this comes off as "drama" to some, but I'm just trying to avoid having to flash it back to stock if I can.

It worked for me im running aosp icons

iTbagdUrMac

Jun 5, 2010
The sprint specific stuff is where I personally would err on the side of caution as well. I'm very happy that it turned out well for those who changed those icons. A list of settings that are confirmed working on the sprint variant would be nice for other forum members to have in the OP.

I can confirm that "enable status bar sliding" in g3 tweaksbox works. Just be sure to uncheck automatic brightness under display in settings.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It worked for me im running aosp icons

This actually happened to me. I TiBued everything then tried to change the build.prop. Bootlooped, and I was stuck without a phone overnight until I saw the post over in the back to stock thread on how to get it back working (Sprint is a slightly different procedure). That said, I'm back to where I was without much lost.
    Just noticed this thread.... let me add that I'm using a dozen Xposed modules without any grief. I've been able to tinker with my phone in many positive ways. For example, No Lock Home prevents my phone from locking if connected to my home Wi-Fi or my car's Bluetooth. I would avoid being an early adopter for any particular module but otherwise I highly encourage everyone to try this out. Between Root, freezing trash, and variety of tweaks and clever apps and these modules I'm able to tailor my phone enough that I don't mind the unlocked bootloader all that much. Although it WOULD be nice to have a Nandroid backup to restore to if something went wrong.