[ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM/PA] Note 2 Vanilla RootBox[Unofficial][Discontinued]

Search This thread

oulouloul

Re: [ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM/PA] Note 2 Vanilla RootBox[Unofficial] [Per-App-DPI][PIE]

Which do you wanna know?!

Swiftkey problem solved. Wallpaper problem still there...could anyone help with that?! That´s the only problem i got left....

For examle ram rom and temp data?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

For wallpaper problem, use less quantity desktop. May be 3.. And use for homescreen which one is in the middle. For 3 desks, use second one.

TheWeasl

Jan 22, 2009
Ulm
AW: [ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM/PA] Note 2 Vanilla RootBox[Unofficial] [Per-App-DPI][PIE]

Is there any way to get rid of this effing sensorkey-illumination?

I am Weasl
––––––––––––
and you've been SPANK'd by a N2
:confused:

The one you're looking for is widgetsoid combined with simple text :D

And i solved the wallpaper issue... how? i don't have any clue ;)

I am Weasl
––––––––––––
and you've been SPANK'd by a N2

tux-lover

Nov 20, 2010
Hollywood FL
I agree, the tablet UI works so well on this phone, most of the time when your on the move u wanna use 1 hand to use or phone and this makes things so much easier! Also I find it useful to change my Nav buttons to useful shortcuts - gallery, camera, phone and last app(custom pic for icon)
ydt458lsvmjf746r9hv8

Love it!

how did you do that blackbar on the bottom? i did try to use the tablet mode but i dont have that... are you using launcher? by the looks of the appdrawer icon u r using apex. and so did i but still i dont have a black kinda status bar at the bottom like urs =(

and another problem i have is im having download error updating my apps... i have this 920 error downloading updates. but i did clear the cache of playstore.
actually what i did is i follow the steps on changing the dpi on the settings.

im gonna try to flash it again and start from scratch. =(

brockyneo

Jan 17, 2010
In The Matrix
just installed rom very nice work AOKP,CM,PA all in one rom wow its a dream come true isnt it :silly:

is they anything i should know before i delv into setting this beast up :good:

cornishronson

Feb 7, 2012
Cornwall
Re: [ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM/PA] Note 2 Vanilla RootBox[Unofficial] [Per-App-DPI][PIE]

how did you do that blackbar on the bottom? i did try to use the tablet mode but i dont have that... are you using launcher? by the looks of the appdrawer icon u r using apex. and so did i but still i dont have a black kinda status bar at the bottom like urs =(

and another problem i have is im having download error updating my apps... i have this 920 error downloading updates. but i did clear the cache of playstore.
actually what i did is i follow the steps on changing the dpi on the settings.

im gonna try to flash it again and start from scratch. =(

Firstly for nav/status bar u go to settings > rom control > navagation bar > tick enable nav bar at top.

I find easy way for sort the play store dpi situation is flash this in recovery., link:
http://d-h.st/R7V

Hope this helps.

Dan Law 001

Sep 3, 2012
How can I remove the sidebar in the setting and is there a way to solve the screen-off delay problem? I've seen this in many of your roms included Jelly beer but I never find a clue to solve it...

oulouloul

How can I remove the sidebar in the setting and is there a way to solve the screen-off delay problem? I've seen this in many of your roms included Jelly beer but I never find a clue to solve it...
Screen off delay issue depends on cm10.1.. İt is not uniqe problem by rootbox. And for now, it cant be solved.

tux-lover

Nov 20, 2010
Hollywood FL

Can someone please help me about time zones? Every aosp rom I flashed time keeps changing to a diffrent time zone. It's any one having the same problem? Is kinda annoying coz at first I thought it is then after some time it will change to a different time zone. It made me miss my appointment last time

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

wayneyen

Dec 5, 2009

Does wifi tethering function in this rom? Because I cant get it work...

Benji1983

Dec 5, 2011
Austria
AW: [ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM/PA] Note 2 Vanilla RootBox[Unofficial] [Per-App-DPI][PIE]

Does wifi tethering function in this rom? Because I cant get it work...

+1 doesn't work for me too

Ps. New version on goo?
Pps. It tells me new version but when I want to browse the file nothing is there weird :)

Greetz benji

Galaxy Note 2
Rom : Root Box 4.2.2
Kernel : stock :p
Tuned by Afroguide
Tweaked by me :)

Last edited:

edwin124

Feb 9, 2012
Just installed the ROM and I got to say it made me miss android. But I did notice some things that bug me a little, hoping I can get some help. The first thing I noticed was the off screen delay but apparently that's normal, but the other one is the keyboard, when I go to type and the letter/number I click on magnifies it does so with the box next to it, ie when I click on 2 it magnifies with the edge of 1 and vice versa. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

nightranger73

Oct 20, 2010
Reggio Emilia
OPPO Find X3 Neo
R: [ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM/PA] Note 2 Vanilla RootBox[Unofficial] [Per-App-DPI][PIE]

Just installed the ROM and I got to say it made me miss android. But I did notice some things that bug me a little, hoping I can get some help. The first thing I noticed was the off screen delay but apparently that's normal, but the other one is the keyboard, when I go to type and the letter/number I click on magnifies it does so with the box next to it, ie when I click on 2 it magnifies with the edge of 1 and vice versa. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Did you changed screen density? Some keyboard don't like it.

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 con Tapatalk 2

OGWisdom

Aug 5, 2009
Milwaukee-414

No I noticed it immediately as I was setting up the phone

Changing the keyboard to the tablet variant changed those little glitches for myself. Basically I went in settings/per app settings/android keyboard and changed DPI to 210 and layout to 1200x1600 and click large red, save and there you go.

Reactions: edwin124

edwin124

Feb 9, 2012
Changing the keyboard to the tablet variant changed those little glitches for myself. Basically I went in settings/per app settings/android keyboard and changed DPI to 210 and layout to 1200x1600 and click large red, save and there you go.

That was it. Thanks man!

---------- Post added 25th February 2013 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 24th February 2013 at 11:53 PM ----------

Also noticed that keep awake/android is is draining my battery. Fully charged it and disconnected it overnight and it was down to like 60% in the morning. All I did was flash redpill kernel after flashing ROM as per the instructions.

francois13

Dec 16, 2011
Paris
Hi,

Very nice ROM, first RootBox flash, and I have to admit the integration of settings is really, really nice. Very smooth and stable.
I've run Jellybam, Jellybeer, Hyperdroid and others, currently on Pacman.
The only feature i'm missing to make the more permanent jump is the galaxy note 2 specific settings from CM10.1:
- screen settings (dynamic, natural... as I hate the vibrant colors)
- disable secondary touch buttons backlight

Do you think you could add those ?

Also, what is the current roadmap / release rate ?

Thanks !

rsmex

Jun 30, 2010

Hi,

Very nice ROM, first RootBox flash, and I have to admit the integration of settings is really, really nice. Very smooth and stable.
I've run Jellybam, Jellybeer, Hyperdroid and others, currently on Pacman.
The only feature i'm missing to make the more permanent jump is the galaxy note 2 specific settings from CM10.1:
- screen settings (dynamic, natural... as I hate the vibrant colors)
- disable secondary touch buttons backlight

Do you think you could add those ?

Also, what is the current roadmap / release rate ?

Thanks !

being able to disable the battery light would be good too

appro77

May 8, 2011
Mackay

I'm seeing an issue where when I boot the phone and unlock it I'm getting a message that Youtube has stopped working. If I ok the message I can open Youtube and it works normally.

I've uninstalled Youtube then reinstalled it but the problem is still there. Anyone know of a fix?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

THIS ROM IS NOW DISCONTINUED SO PLEASE GO HERE IF YOU WANT YOUR ROOTBOX FIX ... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2217894

ROMInfo.png

Vanilla RootBox is built straight from RootBox sources and always carries a very light installation with no extra/useless apps. This means, you can enjoy a pure Android experience combined with AOKP/CM features and some CM cherry-picks. Keep in mind Jelly Bean is only at the beginning stage of development and there will be minor bugs. Every RootBox releases are stable and always up to the challenge for a daily usage. If you're wondering how this ROM differs from any other AOKP roms out there, I only have one thing to say: Try it yourself and choose the one that meets your requirements.

Features

Based on JB 4.2.1- Built from RootBox Sources

AOKP Features

CM Profiles

Per App DPI

Per App Tablet UI

Per App Language

OTA Updates - Goo Manager

Navigation Bar Colour

Camera: Save to external memory

Phone: Advance Phone Settings (Vibrate on Answer, Every 45 Seconds, On Hangup and On Call Waiting)

Phone: Noise Suppression

MMS: Message rate alerts (Modify SMS message limit for alert)

MMS: Fully Customizable MMS Theme

MMS: Soft Keyboard Type (Emoji, Enter to Send, Enter for a New Line)

Option to control cursor in text fields using volume keys

Home button call answer (Accessibility Option)

Variable size pattern lockscreen

RootBox Settings

LockClock (Chronus)

Launch Music app on Headset connection

Pie (Paranoid Android)

Option to disable sound when adjusting volume

Lockscreen Shortcuts (Paranoid)

Lockscreen Targets (CM)

Screen Security Features (Unlock options)

Expanded Desktop

Hardware Keys Remapping

Lockscreen Hardware Keys Remapping

Install%20(1).png

Recommended Installation Steps

1. Download RootBox... Duh!!!

2. Boot into Recovery

3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset, Wipe Cache & Wipe Dalvik Cache

4. Flash RootBox update

5. Restart Phone and let the rom Boot up!

6. Reboot into Recovery and Flash JB GAPPS

7. Wipe Cache (Optional)

8. Wipe Dalvik Cache (Optional)

9. Reboot

You really need to follow these instructions...
    Especially the bit about flashing the rom and letting it boot before flashing the gapps...
    because if you don't you will end up in a bootloop... Trust me....

RootBox Sources

www.github.com/Root-Box

Download.png

Latest Release
    ROM - DevHost

Google Apps

Quick Tip: To avoid bad flashes and unexpected surprises, make sure you check the md5sum of the downloaded zip file

Changelog.png

**Due to thread size limit restrictions, only the latest version's changelog will be displayed.
    If you wish to have changelogs from previous versions, you can find them at the following link:

RootBox Changelogs

Changelogs are now integrated with the ROM itself:

- At the root of ROM zip file (changelog.txt)
    - Goo Manager app (View Changelog section of the zip file)
    - Goo.im website (Drag mouse over the zip file and click "view file changelog")

Bugs
    *AOKP/CM BUGS

Credits/Thanks To:
    * Personal thanks to benjamin.j.goodwin who has and is still helping me out a lot and is still now teaching me stuff now and is a total legend... I owe him a lot ;)
    * Personal thanks to Shingers5, if he hadn't nagged me in Sense days I wouldn't be doing this, he's still keeping me on my toes even now lol
    * Bajee11 for his help with this rom and allowing me to release it
    * AOKP
    * Teamhacksung
    * The CyanogenMod Project
    * rovo89 - For his excellent work on Xposed Framework
    * Paranoid Android
    * DaXmax
    * Rodries
    * Pier
    * BigDenn - Logo, bootanimation and wallpapers

ScreenShots/Videos... Post 2
    Screens.png

Rootbox1.jpg
    Rootbox2.jpg
    Rootbox3.jpg
    Rootbox4.jpg
    Rootbox5.jpg
    Rootbox6.jpg

Mods.png

Per-App Settings

This guide will help you setup your phone with new Per-App Settings.

First, all credits associate to Xposed Frameworks and Modules goes to Rovo89 for sharing his work and making it open source for everyone. You guys should all buy him a beer.

Steps to follow:

1. Install Xposed Frameworks by going in Modules Management>Install/Update
    2. Enable Per-App Settings by going in Modules Management> Modules>Tick Per-App Settings (You should reboot your phone at this point)
    3. Setup your phone : Per-App Settings>Choose your app>Set DPI/Resolution/Tablet UI/Language> Press Save on top
    4. Your app should now display in your preferred settings. If it doesnt, kill the app and restart it or reboot phone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Contribute to RootBox

Those interested in making wallpapers and bootanimation for RootBox, send an email to rootbox.rom@gmail.com with the following:

Information

Name
    Email

Wallpapers

Attach wallpaper in email
    Two sizes are required: HDPI and XHDPI

I'll review them and add the wallpapers in the next release. I will also choose the best one as the default wallpaper for official releases.

Bootanimation

Attach bootanimation or paste download link in the email.
    Two sizes are required: HDPI and XHDPI

Wallpaper Resolution

HDPI: 960 x 800
    XHDPI: 1440 x 1280

You can also contribute by creating icons for settings. Use proper sizes and always include compatibility for HDPI and XHDPI.

The reason behind this is very simple. I'm always busy and I've neglected the visual aspect of RootBox for a while now. It's time to polish it with new visuals!​
    Do not add photosphere to the ROM. RootBox should be built from source without any addition as this will eventually become an official thread.

Well with no disrespect to you, you had better start another thread for the 'Official' rom or take over this one... and I'll either just stop altogether with this project or keep it unofficial and add some extras which the guys are asking for...
    Update is out guys... Its on Goomanager and its here

RootBox-JB-n7100-Nightly-20130307

Enjoy ;)
    Re: [ROM][4.2.1][AOKP/CM/PA] Note 2 Vanilla RootBox[Unofficial] [Per-App-DPI][PIE]

Guess what's coming......

@matejdro

This is based on AOKP and to change it to CM base would take a herculean amount of work... Although the camera audio recording is fixed in the new version as I've just tested it myself... Torch also works so no fixes needed there either