HTC EVO 4G LTE News-Videos/Pics [Official Thread]

Search This thread

WatermelonSlim

Jul 8, 2005
1. In my city Wimax gets disconnected as soon as I get into a building. I am not sure how is your network.
2. Another problem is 3D is not really sharable. No one in my circle has got 3D. You could share regular pics and video with anyone in the world on phone or website and only a few people have got 3D.
3. You don't change carrier every year. No one offers unlimited plans as cheap as Sprint does. I don't know if other carrier have got buy back programs.
4. Samsung is the only other worth mentioning competition of HTC. It is no saint. It's interface in neither complex nor elegant but it still has failed to release ICS to its flagship tablet which I own. Believe me it's more like grass is greener on other side. Forget about open source - Android itself is as open as Google wants. They can refuse to release source code anytime they want.

But it boils down to your choice. It's just my humble opinion 3D is not worth waiting for.

Sent from my htc_shooter using Tapatalk 2

1: Wimax often gets disconnected inside buildings for me too. Sometimes it stays connected though. Either way, it's still way better than Sprint's slower than dial up 3G.
2: 3D is sharable for me. I know lots of people who have an Evo 3D, and even more who have a 3D TV. And even if I didn't, any picture or video taken in 3D can easily be shared as a 2D picture or video. So why wouldn't you want to have them in 3D format if that means you can share with any 3D or 2D phone/TV/computer?
3: Who cares if nobody else has unlimited plans as cheap as Sprint when Sprint's unlimited is too slow to actually use? T-Mobile has cheaper unlimited plans than Sprint anyway. Yes they throttle the speed after 5 gigs or whatever, but Sprint's unlimited is basically throttled the whole time.
4: I'm not worried about Samsung's or anyone else's interface. I run SPB Shell 3D so I won't be using anyone's interface. And while Samsung may not have officially released ICS on some particular device, at least they are pretty good about releasing drivers and source code (and leaking unofficial updates) so the devs in the community can make their own ICS ROMs. And they don't do everything in their power to keep you from getting s-off either.

ticklemepinks

Feb 26, 2008
ok i have a question.... I have 3 upgrades, 2 will be used (me and my brother) but my moms got one as of april 1st. if she doesn't use it this year will disappear or will it stay, she wasn't a gold member, she was always just regular member. she's totally not gonna use it cuz she doesn't wanna pay for data so she's gonna keep her flip fone. so will she keep it past 2012???

Genjinaro

Jan 16, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
ok i have a question.... I have 3 upgrades, 2 will be used (me and my brother) but my moms got one as of april 1st. if she doesn't use it this year will disappear or will it stay, she wasn't a gold member, she was always just regular member. she's totally not gonna use it cuz she doesn't wanna pay for data so she's gonna keep her flip fone. so will she keep it past 2012???

It'll still be there for her.

mlin

Dec 27, 2007

This would be great. Perhaps Sprint and HTC learned from previous mistakes and are handling this release more similar to say the iPhone. Reveal, announce preorder, announce soon release shortly thereafter. Its kind of annoying to have a device announced only to wait months to find out when it will actually be released.

sudhirkhanger

Jun 29, 2010
like i've said before, you can get way more than 100 for an evo 3d if u sell it online, at least 150, i'm selling mine with otterbox and try to get as close as posible to 200 bucks.... but if u want hassle free then sprint buyback

How does it work? Do you have to transfer your contract?

Sent from my htc_shooter using Tapatalk 2

mlin

Dec 27, 2007
Not only $11/month but $150-$200 deductible as well, depending on phone.

Yikes! I think they'll also be making the iPhone insurable through asurion with this move. Verizon has kept insurance for all phones but the iPhone at $7/month while the iPhone is $10/month. Looks like Sprint is not following suit which is a little weird considering the phones are all insured through the same company.

Reactions: DatDude123

WatermelonSlim

Jul 8, 2005
Actually the specs on that look as good or even better than the Evo One. The way it looks is not the final product. It's a dummy case used for testing so they don't reveal the way the final product will look. But the raw specs look good: 16 gigs on onboard, micro sd slot, quad core processor, NFC, 8 megapixel camera (and Samsung cameras are usually better than HTC cameras), 720p display (and Samsung displays are also usually better than HTC's), and a huge battery.

I'm not seeing anywhere the Evo LTE has a clear advantage in the specs.

Reactions: DatDude123

swaze

Nov 11, 2009
Actually the specs on that look as good or even better than the Evo One. The way it looks is not the final product. It's a dummy case used for testing so they don't reveal the way the final product will look. But the raw specs look good: 16 gigs on onboard, micro sd slot, quad core processor, NFC, 8 megapixel camera (and Samsung cameras are usually better than HTC cameras), 720p display (and Samsung displays are also usually better than HTC's), and a huge battery.

I'm not seeing anywhere the Evo LTE has a clear advantage in the specs.

Nope, but if you listened to all these samsung fanboys, the SGS3 was about to take the world by storm with a 1080p HD screen, and a new processor that is faster than the speed of sound, and a GPU that makes xbox look like atari and a camera that is better than anything that hasn't even been thought of.....But at the end of the day its just on par with what has been/will be released this year.

Reactions: sgt. slaughter

Top Liked Posts