[MOD] [Xposed] [V3.1] Multiwindow [No flashing] [22-01-13]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Scalee

Aug 21, 2009
First off thanks for such a GREAT mod! :D

I have noticed two issues:
1) when I launched multiwindow and clicked on "Edit", the right window comes up with choices of APPS, however it (the right window with apps) will automagically disappear (perhaps there is a timeout?) after 5 seconds, sometimes even when I have a click on it, it has disappeared just like that...

2) In multiwindow, from the left panel I grab some apps and 'throw' to the right window, it will appear at the very bottom no matter what. Is this a known issue? Also the apps on left panel does not sort by alphabet....

That's all from me. Hope others can confirm my issues so that developer can easily fix them :) :) :)

Thanks guy!

1. It's a three second timeout. I haven't changed it because there are more pressing things and once you selected the apps you want you barely go back to edit anyway.

2. As for dragging apps to the right, this has not been changed. Doesn't bother me either, if you reboot the edit pane reset to alphabetical order.

Apps on the left don't sort by alphabet because then you can't reorder them. I myself have my most used apps at the top. However because you can set your own order you can sort them by alphabet yourself. Specially now that the start up code has been fixed and it no longer changes the order you placed them in.

D

Deleted member 2086469

Thanks for your reply, maybe can put never timeout so it won't hide itself when I trying to edit something...basically 3 second sounds too fast to me :p

Thanks for your great mod :D:D:D

Scalee

Aug 21, 2009
I made a trace file of scrolling through the edit list, so i might be able to find were the stutter comes from.
But i can't really make heads or tails from the trace file. Anybody have a clue?

I think you need the android SDK, Then for example:
C:\sdk\tools>traceview.bat c:\myapp2.trace

Come on devs, somebody must know how to read these :p

renatohs

Apr 5, 2011
São Paulo
www.ezsite.com.br
Hi my friends!

I needed this mod, but did not want to install CWM. I installed the "Stock Rom" with root and used your MOD! It was Perfect!

My GN2 is made in Brazil and works fine with rom stock N7100XXDLk7!

colint3

Mar 20, 2009
22-01-2013
Hopefully resolved the issues people were having.

21-01-2013
Probably the last version of this mod.
Big thanks to my three donators, People like you keep developers making awesome things.

Changelog:
The sorting issue on reboot has been fixed, Samsung made it so it would only properly work if you have all apps in alphabetical order.
As a happy side effect my start up code seems twice as fast as samsung, reducing start up time!

Instructions
Just download the attached APK and update the current version, and reboot your device for the changes to take effect.

02-01-2013 - 1898 downloads
New version compatible with framework 2.0, Attached to this post. *People who update: Make sure you download and install the latest xposed framework, Before pressing "Install/Update" else you will receive incomparable message*
Get it here - (2.0: Removed the native library replacement again, support for 4.1 and 4.2, Instagram crash fixed, ...)

15-12-12
Initial release - 1737 downloads

*Not compatible with version message / Updating procedure*

1. Follow the link and download the xposed framework (again)
2. Install the apk and overwrite the current installation
3. Open the xposed installer and hit "Install / Update"
You are now on the latest version of the xposed framework, And ready to update my mod.

Requirements

Root
XposedFramework - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2012770

Another multi window mod?

Yes! Because of the wonderful xposed framework it should work on all roms that have the normal multiwindow control.
But wait there is more! With others mods if you try to move an app to the bar from the edit page sometimes, you're suddenly dragging a different app, but with my mod this is fixed :highfive: Now also features correct sorting on reboot and faster start up times. :cool:

How to
  • Download and install the xposed framework from the thread above (no flashing required, but does require root)
  • Download and install my attached APK
  • In the xposed installer app goto the modules pane and activate my mod
  • Reboot
  • Enjoy

Tested on

Stock LJ1 (4.1.1)
LJ3, thanks deltacode
LK7 (4.1.2)
KJ7 (4.1.2)
N7105
N7100XXDLL4
And many more

Thanks to

rovo89 and pulser_g2 for their work on the xposed framework!

Donation link
Donate

The .apk file is in fact a .zip file. I have just downloaded it and it is a .zip file. Where is the .apk file?

charlydu43

May 15, 2009
Thanks good job.

Depuis mon Galaxy Note2
16go+64go XDHC Sandisk N7100XXDBM2 4.1.2 rooté
Supprimé toutes les applis Samsung inutiles, sauf Touchwiz et les S--- pour le Spen. Supprimé aussi l'appareil photo, la gallerie d'origine.
Merci TitaniumBackup..
Gallery et Photo sphère Nexus:
http://www.galaxys-team.fr/viewtopic.php?t=30284

MultiWindows:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2048668
Optimisation:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2029712
Une F1 quoi!!
Merci tous pour votre travail

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Donate 1CY80553FB0175536

Depuis mon Galaxy Note2
Supprimé toutes les applis Samsung inutiles, sauf Touchwiz et les S--- pour le Spen. Supprimé aussi l'appareil photo, la gallerie d'origine.
Merci TitaniumBackup..

MultiWindows:
Optimisation:
Une F1 quoi!!

Scalee

Aug 21, 2009
Thanks good job.

Depuis mon Galaxy Note2
Merci TitaniumBackup..

MultiWindows:
Optimisation:
Une F1 quoi!!

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Donate 1CY80553FB0175536

Depuis mon Galaxy Note2
Merci TitaniumBackup..

MultiWindows:
Optimisation:
Une F1 quoi!!

Sorry for the late reaction, I was on vacation in france.

Thanks for your donation!

Scalee

Aug 21, 2009
I made a 240DPI version of the multiwindow bar, took quite allot of time to make.
Is anybody interested in something like this?

If so should i try and squish more icons?

For example the edit window has 5 columns now but i bet i could do 6.
Same for the normal bar it has 10 icons now, but i think 11 or 12 would fit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-25-00-32-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-25-00-32-36.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 475
  • Screenshot_2013-02-25-00-31-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-25-00-31-59.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 485
Last edited:
Reactions: Nergla

Nergla

Feb 23, 2011
Espoo
Looking good. Only downside with the bar today is the size of the icons in the bar so the more you can squeeze them the better it looks .

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Scalee

Aug 21, 2009
What is the difference between your mod or existing 240DPI flashbarservice mod?

Could you point me to other 240DPI mods? Next to making it look right on 240DPI,
i also added extra columns in the edit pane. I don't know if other mods have this.

But simply mine doesn't require any flashing thus works odex and deodexed roms, and has my other fixes.

• When dragging apps you will drag the correct one.
  • Your selected order doesn't get screwed up every reboot.
  • Faster startup times

SunamY

Mar 13, 2011
AW: [MOD] [Xposed] [V3.1] Multiwindow [No flashing] [22-01-13]

Work this with aosp based roms???

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk 2

matejdro

Jul 9, 2009
Last edited:

Scalee

Aug 21, 2009
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1873026

(Scroll down a bit, post #4)

EDIT: Yup, this mod only has 4 columns in Edit pane. Interested in testing yours :)

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

If you manage to get multiwindow working on AOSP then AFAIK this mod should work.

Will try a few more edits tonight more columns etc, then maybe a few test people before release.

Reactions: k3v0

Scalee

Aug 21, 2009
Got the side bar to 12 icons, and the edit pane 7 columns in portrait and 14 in landscape.
If anybody wants to test it, drop me a PM. Want to try it before releasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    26-03-14
    This project is no longer maintained, no further updates will occur.

07-04-2013
    Overdue images of 240DPI mod
    Also new version of DPI mod which doesn't crash when the settings file gets corrupted.

18-03-2013
    Release 240DPI mod beta (Use at own risk)
    I will post some screenshots when my phone returns (USB connector broke :crying:)
    See below for details

22-01-2013
    Hopefully resolved the issues people were having.

21-01-2013
    Probably the last version of this mod.
    Big thanks to my three donators, People like you keep developers making awesome things.

Changelog:
    The sorting issue on reboot has been fixed, Samsung made it so it would only properly work if you have all apps in alphabetical order.
    As a happy side effect my start up code seems twice as fast as samsung, reducing start up time!

Instructions
    Just download the attached APK and update the current version, and reboot your device for the changes to take effect.

02-01-2013 - 1898 downloads
    New version compatible with framework 2.0, Attached to this post. *People who update: Make sure you download and install the latest xposed framework, Before pressing "Install/Update" else you will receive incomparable message*
    Get it here - (2.0: Removed the native library replacement again, support for 4.1 and 4.2, Instagram crash fixed, ...)

15-12-12
    Initial release - 1737 downloads

*Not compatible with version message / Updating procedure*

1. Follow the link and download the xposed framework (again)
    2. Install the apk and overwrite the current installation
    3. Open the xposed installer and hit "Install / Update"
    You are now on the latest version of the xposed framework, And ready to update my mod.

Requirements

Root
    XposedFramework - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2012770

Another multi window mod?

Yes! Because of the wonderful xposed framework it should work on all roms that have the normal multiwindow control.
    But wait there is more! With others mods if you try to move an app to the bar from the edit page sometimes, you're suddenly dragging a different app, but with my mod this is fixed :highfive: Now also features correct sorting on reboot and faster start up times. :cool:

How to
    • Download and install the xposed framework from the thread above (no flashing required, but does require root)
    • Download and install my attached APK
    • In the xposed installer app goto the modules pane and activate my mod
    • Reboot
    • Enjoy

How to 240 DPI

Tested on

Stock LJ1 (4.1.1)
    LJ3, thanks deltacode
    LK7 (4.1.2)
    KJ7 (4.1.2)
    N7105
    N7100XXDLL4
    And many more

Thanks to

rovo89 and pulser_g2 for their work on the xposed framework!

Donation link
    Donate
    If i don't die before tonight, I'll release a 2.0 framework compatible version.

Ugh no sleep last night (Irritation bonus modifier!), and windows didn't want to detect my phone for an hour hnnnng.
    But still got you guys the new version, good luck
    Uploaded a new version, which hopefully resolves all issues.
    I found a nice little tweak for phones with this mod on some website, but it doesn't seem to have been mentioned in this thread before.
    if you combine it with xposed app settings you can get a hybrid phone/tablet mode where Windows in split-screen mode can be undocked to turn them into floating apps like on the note 10.1.
    it's not perfect, but it does work.
    the undock icon only appears when 2 windows are open, and it doesn't seem to work on the first window you open.
    to enable this:
    set the screen(dp) option for "android system" to 1280x800 in xposed app settings but say no when you're offered to kill it.
    reboot your phone (power>restart or the reboot button in the xposed installer)
    open the multi-window launcher, and open an app fullscreen.
    drag the app you want to have floating from the multi-window launcher on to the fullscreen app.
    tap the green pin to unpin the app and make it float.

apps that are floating like this will work pretty much the same as in Windows.
    you drag them around using the bar on top.
    there's a maximize and a close button in the top-right corner.
    tapping the pin again should put the floating window back into split-screen mode.

edit: some corrections.
    once undocked the pin button stops working.
    and the float options don't seem to appear on some apps.
    perhaps an idea for an expansion of the multi-window mod would be to make floating windows more consistent and easier to enable.
    Just perfect! Thanks so much!

I just would like so much to automatically sort all apps in alphabetical order. Would this be possible to implement?

Both enabled apps and the Edit Panel...

In theory, yes. But there are also people who do not that.
    And because manual sorting also always alphabetic sorting,
    I have chosen to leave it on manual.

However there is currently an issue with this which i will look into probably tonight.

*Update on the sorting issue*

So i looked into why apps positioning changes on a reload.
    And i found the problem, Samsung has a function to restore apps on reboot (It is unchanged in my mod, so every multiwindow mod is affected by this)

It's simply wrong... It can never restore apps in the same order the way it written at the moment.
    It also waste resources doing things multiple times for no reason causing extra load times and allocates extra memory for nothing, Can't believe that they made such sloppy code.

Anyway..... Ill have to rewrite the whole function to solve the issue.
    I will try to rewrite it, but i am not sure that i will succeed.