system update 2/13/2013

Search This thread

maverick101

Sep 20, 2010
wisconsin
I received a system update this morning. Tried to Google search what features were updated or fixes. To no avail.
Can anyone tell me what was updated? I have to go to work so, I have no time to play with the phone.

dpaulsmith

Feb 13, 2007
I did too, I haven't applied it yet. Haven't found any details on it.

Doug

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

maverick101

Sep 20, 2010
wisconsin
Yeah.I just updated without research. I came here first to see a discussion. And nobody has posted anything yet.was hoping to see a list of fixes/changes. All I see is I'm running 4.1.2 now. Off to work. I'll check back later

Last edited:

cherylbaker

Jan 21, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Yeah.I just updated without research. I came here first to see a discussion. And nobody has posted anything yet.was hoping to see a list of fixes/changes. All I see is I'm running 4.1.2 now. Off to work. I'll check back later

Can you post a screen shot of your phone info screen. . Weird I an running ma5 which I thought was 4.1.2 but my phone says 4.1.1

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
Can you post a screen shot of your phone info screen. . Weird I an running ma5 which I thought was 4.1.2 but my phone says 4.1.1

Ma5 is 4.1.2 but you probably only have the baseband as ma5 ....

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

stealth25k

Jan 10, 2009
New York
Do you loose root, custom recovery or any saved settings if you perform the update? I wanna update but scared to loose bc eeverything works so well.

lennykravitz2004

Feb 21, 2012
Where'd you go to high school?
I'm stock rooted on MA5 and did not receive the notif, nor did I get an available download when I tried a manual update through Settings. Not surprised... I would presume they'll only update those who are still not "Modified" or tripped their flash counter. Makes sense to me. If I was on CM or another custom ROM, and Samsung pushed an update to me, I'd be a bit (fill in the blank).

ianmb

Mar 15, 2010
Fort Recovery
Was stock rooted then flashed Macks newest Rom after setting up phone i got the software update....so not sure if being rooted on stock matters or not whether you get the update. Havent applied it to phone yet just waiting to see if it changes root status on other phones.

Evo_Shift

Jan 17, 2011
Wouldn't OTA rootkeeper prevent you from losing root? Seems like a good way to be safe.

My wife has a Note 2 and I am nervous to even touch it but a security update like this makes me want to update for her. I don't want to lose her data or anything though. Just a quick update to her mostly stock rooted phone is all I want. ( I did change or remove some of the system camera sounds for her though which is why I hesitate to even try)

lennykravitz2004

Feb 21, 2012
Where'd you go to high school?
Was stock rooted then flashed Macks newest Rom after setting up phone i got the software update....so not sure if being rooted on stock matters or not whether you get the update. Havent applied it to phone yet just waiting to see if it changes root status on other phones.

Macks ROM appears to be LJC. Maybe it's the build number then? Anybody on LK8 or MA5 get the notification?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MA7 is 4.1.2 and contains the Exynos exploit patch as well as a new bootloader.
    Not sure what the bootloader change is about.
    You have to be unrooted and on a stock Ljc rom

Rockin it from my macknote2
    Tried flashing the update through the Samsung software update part of settings and tried manually flashing with stock recovery. Both failed since I'm rooted. Thought it might work because I'm stock rooted but it didn't. Anyone tried unrooting with exynos abuse? I see it has the option to. If I were to unroot with qbking's method everything is wiped and the update isn't worth all that mess. Will unrooting with exynos abuse keep me from losing my data and let me get the ota? Can you set titanium to backup to the sd card? Then I might be willing to wipe for the update.

Beamed from my stock rooted Sprint Note II

I odined back to ljc with the keep data option.. ran the update than used the toolkit to root. Busybox and twrp.. so here I am with update and my data. Really nothing new here to write home about that I can see.

Someone posted that when you hover the spen over a folder, it gives you a preview.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2