Do you use your stylus?

Search This thread

phil.culler

Aug 7, 2011
I use mine for drawing on photos, but mostly at work. I'm quite dirty all day and it's nice to be able to use the phone to look up service and repair information for cars without taking off my gloves or getting greasy prints all over my screen.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: jacqueline robert

themichael

Jul 15, 2011
New York
Almost never use it. I ripp out most of its functionality when I debloat as well. I bought the phone more for the size and the specs than the spen.

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
I use it to take notes or write stuff down while on a call, or photoshopping with picsart app.

i do, and i have the note 10.1 GT-N8013 as well, which is cross-compatible stylus-wise. :) in fact, the stylus is most likely what sold me on the phone since i'm probably still nostalgic for my HTC tilt and tilt2. hehe.

i generally feel more comfortable using the stylus with handwriting input than using swype or pecking at the keyboard.. i use it for taking screenshots by pressing the button on the side, too. and for drawing/image editing. and scrolling by pointing it towards the edges, and doing hover functions that a touchscreen normally doesn't recognize...

i have kali linux installed as an image file on my external storage (on the N8013, though i want to install it on the N900T as well), so when i VNC into my kali desktop environment i essentially can use it as a mouse with the air hover..

and i love how it can tell the difference between the stylus and your hand, since i'm a lefty. so i can write comfortably with it and it won't show up as just gibberish from palm rest dragging across.

Last edited:

rosedog

May 1, 2010
I use my stylus every scheduling meeting at work, when ever I need to take notes or when ever I get an itch in my ear. /truestory

superdookie67

Oct 15, 2012
I have been thinking about the S pen recently. I actually don't think I use the stylus much at all, or the multiwindow feature. With a rooted phone I can bring my password app up in a window, and that's about it.

Digital notes and handwriting is done on my tablet instead. I use Google apps over Samsung apps (like Gmail and chrome) So I can't hover over icons with my spen for email previews or details on icons. Most apps feel cramped to me when having two windows up. I can usually type out a quick note with SwiftKey faster than I can write neatly enough to read later.

To me it seems more like a mental thing more than anything else. I like being able to hover over tabs on websites and have my S pen act like a mouse, and I like the occasional screen write. But in practice I think I've realized I just don't use the Samsung features much. Maybe I should try a non-tw rom.

Reactions: moSess

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sure I use it. I poke my girlfriend with it all the time even pick my nose with it. Handy little thing ?

SENT FROM MY SM-N900T/NEXUS 5 USING TAPATALK
    No my kid lost mine and it bugs the **** out of me that I can't figure out how to turn off the s-pen on top of the screen but besides that I wouldn't mind using my s-pen. Thanks In advance!!!

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

You could always buy a replacement. They sell them on Amazon and at best buy iirc.

Sent from my leanKernel 2.3 powered stock 4.4.2 SM-N900T
    I use mine for drawing on photos, but mostly at work. I'm quite dirty all day and it's nice to be able to use the phone to look up service and repair information for cars without taking off my gloves or getting greasy prints all over my screen.

You could always buy a replacement. They sell them on Amazon and at best buy iirc.

Sent from my leanKernel 2.3 powered stock 4.4.2 SM-N900T
    I take it out sometimes, like to scribble a quick note, or start a Pen Window
    I honestly forget I have it most the time.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app