On 4.3, scared to do anything

Search This thread

Honeybadger

Dec 18, 2007
Ok, got a note 3 with 4.3 again.

No lies, not fraud, no nothing except a faulty power port and honesty and I ended up with a 4.3 note 3 again

Pant, pant..WHAT DO I DO, I know Kingo root. Titanium backup first. The opporturnity to use my microsd card again! I am actually excited!

And after Kingo, how do I not AT&T upgrade?

I am hearing it forces you after a little while, what do I do? I really want to keep my root!

I am so sorry to my Note Brethren with KK without any way to use THEIR phones. My sympathies are sincere!

Any advice appreciated!

Last edited:

incisivekeith

Jan 27, 2009

No lies, not fraud, no nothing except a faulty power port and honesty and I ended up with a 4.3 note 3 again

Pant, pant..WHAT DO I DO, I know Kingo root. Titanium backup first. The opporturnity to use my microsd card again! I am actually excited!

I am hearing it forces you after a little while, what do I do? I really want to keep my root!

I am so sorry to my Note Brethren with KK without any way to use THEIR phones. My sympathies are sincere!

Any advice appreciated!

You can freeze that AT&T update in Titanium.

Reactions: dsmboost

Honeybadger

Dec 18, 2007
Ok, so if I am at 4.3, and want to keep my root, is there a path to kk that still has root? I would prefer the non ss route. BTW, the main thing that makes me root is I want to use my Microsd card and when unrooted backup and other apps seem unable to access it properly.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
SS is the only way to go. There are no downsides to using SS to use a custom ROM.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Honeybadger

Dec 18, 2007
Seems like kk isn't worth the effort, you can't access the Microsd, the wifi Hotspot is locked off unless you pay at&t and all issues have been fixed in 4.3, anything gained?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
Not at all slow.

Your stock ROM runs on the same thing your storage does. The EMMC.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Plus, with SS and KK, you have to flash to the stock slot.

Honeybadger

Dec 18, 2007
Not at all slow.

Your stock ROM runs on the same thing your storage does. The EMMC.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Plus, with SS and KK, you have to flash to the stock slot.

Got back root on 4.3, Sweet Archemedes this feels good, like my phone again!

Stock slot, would that be the one that is the original ROM?

Dynamic Kat looks intreguing.But it says I have to have KK first. Can I get DK working from JB rooted?

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
Indeed it is.

Use this guide. (replace the Urdroid KK ROM that he says to download with DynamicKat)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2712039

Then head over to our development section and find the SS thread.

You will need both 3.71 and 3.72

3.71 will get you to KK with the guide. Once there, you will need to reinstall it and use it to uninstall the recovery.
Then uninstall the app.

After that, install 3.72 and use it to install your new recovery. That way you don't have to use odin every time you want to flash a mod or new kk rom

mrwattz405

Apr 1, 2012
Oklahoma
Google Pixel 6
So I'm on stock 4.3. Mj5. I have rooted and I'm confused on getting to custom firmware. I've played with SS 3.71. But I tried to install custom Ron but was unsuccessful. Can someone tell me or link me to a thread. Please. I just came from a galaxy s3 to the n900a. I'd like to start with cm11.

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
So I'm on stock 4.3. Mj5. I have rooted and I'm confused on getting to custom firmware. I've played with SS 3.71. But I tried to install custom Ron but was unsuccessful. Can someone tell me or link me to a thread. Please. I just came from a galaxy s3 to the n900a. I'd like to start with cm11.

1. Don't hijack threads

2. Only TW based ROMs can be flashed.

3. Go read the SS development thread.
You need to make sure you are on 3.71 when trying to flash a 4.3 ROM and 3.72 to use KK.

Read my post above.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Any advice appreciated!

You can freeze that AT&T update in Titanium.