[Q] Market NOT downloading APPS [Froyo.2.2]

Search This thread

farhaad0750

Jul 10, 2008
Just hooked up Froyo on my touch HD
My first time using XDANDROIND or any android.
seems to work fine except the market wont download and install apps

It views available apps and searches fine
when you select an App to install in perpetualy says >>>> STARTING DOWNLOAD

And nothing happens even after an hour, tried very small apps also under 1mb
Is this a commen problem?
Any Fixes?
or am i just missing some facts that i should know bout android ports

Thanx!!!

Thegn

Jul 26, 2007
Hi,

I have noticed that once, too. However the latest XDAndroid works good for me, and also the distributions from Neopeek. Check that you have correct carrier and APN:s.

Hope it works out!

Cheers,

farhaad0750

Jul 10, 2008
Hi,

I have noticed that once, too. However the latest XDAndroid works good for me, and also the distributions from Neopeek. Check that you have correct carrier and APN:s.

Hope it works out!

Cheers,
im using wifi to try and download. im gonna try using normal gprs/3g
if that doesnt work(i doubt it will) then il get another release of XDAndroid
iv got XDAndroid 2.2 (rel 1.6) is there Newer?

tnx

Last edited:

Thegn

Jul 26, 2007
im using wifi to try and download. im gonna try using normal gprs/3g
if that doesnt work(i doubt it will) then il get another release of XDAndroid
iv got XDAndroid 2.2 (rel 1.6) is there Newer?

tnx

Yes, there are newer versions. Check out xdandroid.com. Also update kernels, rootfs etc. accordingly.

Fuseless

Apr 9, 2007
any1 has a solution for this?

everytime i try to download apps through market, I see the download icon for a sec then it disappears.

When i access the download tab in market, it shows as trying to download, but then says download unsuccessfull.

i am using the full 07 package from the forum, which i think is the newest?

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
any1 has a solution for this?

everytime i try to download apps through market, I see the download icon for a sec then it disappears.

When i access the download tab in market, it shows as trying to download, but then says download unsuccessfull.

i am using the full 07 package from the forum, which i think is the newest?

Are you using this build?

If so, that is the newest XDAndroid build for FroYo.

I can't remember specifically this issue - have you tried the usual?

Try a simple reboot. If that doesn't work, try to muck with the Market - clear the cache, perhaps update it? I know updating manually to the newest Market helped my "Market experience" if you will quite a bit.

If that doesn't work, you'll have to try the more drastic measures - first, update everything. Make sure you're on the newest kernel & rootfs. Then try a new data.img (rename or simply delete the old one, all of your user stuff like SMS messages, installed apps, etc will go away). If that still fails, I guess format the card and start over. Format with the HP Tool. Starting fresh is a pain, and I'm not sure that'll resolve your issue... but those are the basic troubleshooting steps for Market issues.

FYI, I followed these steps to update to the newest Market. Just find the APK for the newest version of the Market. Unfortunately our Market doesn't auto-update, not sure if that's possible on our port or not. Manually updating does work fine, although it is a pain.

Fuseless

Apr 9, 2007
Are you using this build?

If so, that is the newest XDAndroid build for FroYo.

I can't remember specifically this issue - have you tried the usual?

Try a simple reboot. If that doesn't work, try to muck with the Market - clear the cache, perhaps update it? I know updating manually to the newest Market helped my "Market experience" if you will quite a bit.

If that doesn't work, you'll have to try the more drastic measures - first, update everything. Make sure you're on the newest kernel & rootfs. Then try a new data.img (rename or simply delete the old one, all of your user stuff like SMS messages, installed apps, etc will go away). If that still fails, I guess format the card and start over. Format with the HP Tool. Starting fresh is a pain, and I'm not sure that'll resolve your issue... but those are the basic troubleshooting steps for Market issues.

FYI, I followed these steps to update to the newest Market. Just find the APK for the newest version of the Market. Unfortunately our Market doesn't auto-update, not sure if that's possible on our port or not. Manually updating does work fine, although it is a pain.

No wasn't using that build, but using the cab from the other sticky topic "Froyo 2.2, ..."

Tried to use the build you specified, upon startup, I reach the animation of XDANDROID and the phone restarts, going into WM.

I updated the kernel, now the phone freezes on the XDANDROID animation instead of restarting. Gonna try this again and will post back in the relevant forum.

Thanks.

Fuseless

Apr 9, 2007
No wasn't using that build, but using the cab from the other sticky topic "Froyo 2.2, ..."

Tried to use the build you specified, upon startup, I reach the animation of XDANDROID and the phone restarts, going into WM.

I updated the kernel, now the phone freezes on the XDANDROID animation instead of restarting. Gonna try this again and will post back in the relevant forum.

Thanks.

Just reformatted, updated with all incremental data (latest) and installed, ROM is working fine, however need to check marketplace aas soon as i have a connection.

Will update you asap

Last edited: