[Q] Cannot install custom ROM!

Search This thread

mongoofy

Jan 15, 2014
Hey all, hoping to figure out what I am doing wrong here - read this (and many more) entire thread(s) and keep hitting the same wall.

Rooted Kindle Fire HDX7 (bought xmas eve).Safestrap 3.70 TWRP v2.6.3.1
Rom slot stock, or any of the 4...

On installation of thor-gapps-rom-0.zip get the following rundown (attached image).

Also have tried cm-10.1-20130812-UNOFFICIAL-jem and cm-11-20140107-UNOFFICIAL-tate - all to no prevail.

Gmail/Chat: mongoofii@gmail.com

Would LOVE to get this working for my self and my son ASAP.

Thanks so much.

S_transform

Oct 12, 2012
Hey all, hoping to figure out what I am doing wrong here - read this (and many more) entire thread(s) and keep hitting the same wall.

On installation of thor-gapps-rom-0.zip get the following rundown (attached image).

Also have tried cm-10.1-20130812-UNOFFICIAL-jem and cm-11-20140107-UNOFFICIAL-tate - all to no prevail.

Thanks so much.

So I don't have my tablet with me to check for sure, but I'm guessing in safestrap you can toggle signature verification, and if it's on it won't flash anything but the official amazon released roms. I'd look through the settings and menus leading to flashing the zip file and see if there's a check-box for signature verification, and toggle it off. Leave md5 verification on though, that's important.

Reactions: mongoofy

mongoofy

Jan 15, 2014
So I don't have my tablet with me to check for sure, but I'm guessing in safestrap you can toggle signature verification, and if it's on it won't flash anything but the official amazon released roms. I'd look through the settings and menus leading to flashing the zip file and see if there's a check-box for signature verification, and toggle it off. Leave md5 verification on though, that's important.

That did it!

Fan-frickin-tastic!

Mineturtle33

Jan 15, 2013
Well the later 2 roms are for previous gen kindles. They will not work.

Sent from my rooted 2013 Kindle Fire HD with Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks so much.