FrameMe - The easy way to show off your favorite photos [Update 4-29-11]

Search This thread

PhilD41

The only thing I noticed & im not sure if it is because of the evo's screen size or not, but some of the pic gets cut off, well not the full size pic you know, I have to stretch & center it when cropping...

Thanks for the screenshots. It actually looks pretty good on the evo. It clips some of the image because it forces the image into the portrait frame size. If I re-sized the image to the largest dimension then there would be a gap between the frame and image. The full image can more easily be re-sized to the longest side.

maxomus

Dec 8, 2008
Yeah, you did a great job with it, the size doesn't bother me, just letting you know for dev sake...the stock picture widgets take up too much room for my liking & like you said, it's kinda a pain to get to the gallery to show off the kids real quick, so this widget is perfect...

Sent from my phone.

gidkid

Feb 28, 2010
Dude... This is waaaay better than half of the junk on the market. I can't say it's good on every device (i have a hero)- but it works fine for me. If you want more exposure to other phones, post it in a non-phone specific forum (or maybe you already have, haven't checked).

Sent from my CDMA Hero, sucka!

maxomus

Dec 8, 2008
Icon now shows, all is working well with 1.3 on the evo. Swiping through multiple pics/widgets is a nice addition, as well as the full image.

Sent from my phone.

Tibedabeeto

Apr 15, 2010
Orlando
I have been waiting awhile for a widget like this. First I would like to say that for your first time creating an app, this is good. If I can give some additions that I would like to see in the future. :D

When selecting a photo to put in the 1x1 widget. Once selecting the photo if the swipe through pictures can go thru all the pics in the folder where I chose the image from. Instead of adding more 1x1 widgets on my homescreen and taking up space.

Or using a selection option of all the pics you want to swipe thru and have and option to say one in particular is the main pic to always see on the homescreen. Other than that I think this app has everything I would want.

Appreciate the hard work, keep it up

maxomus

Dec 8, 2008
Just put a shortcut to your gallery or specific folder if you want to view all images...myself, I prefer the way it is, for when showing off my kids or what not, I have the images I want to show at hand, rather then having scroll through my whole gallery...

Sent from my phone.

hero_dog

Aug 19, 2010
Cincinnati
Love it!

New dad of an adopted 9 month old. This is exactly what I was looking for and thought about trying to create myself. Keep up the great work. Works great on my hero with cyanogenmod 6

maxomus

Dec 8, 2008
FYI: no lag/delay at all upon first click or any of them for that matter.

Sent from my phone.

Jedis

Nov 13, 2006
Finally got around to testing it before I tell my Mom about it. Looks good!

One minor issue: Obviously, when you crop a photo into a square, it cuts it off because the widget is sized into a rectangle. However, when you click to view the photo, could there be an option to open the full image, or at least how it was cropped?

Right now, if I crop it into a square box, it forces it to a rectangle. Tapping the photo should (at least, imo) show the cropped square photo or the original version and not what is shown in the actual widget photo.

Does this make any sense? If not, I can try to take some screenshots along the way of what I am doing to show you.

maxomus

Dec 8, 2008
Not sure if I follow you, but when I touch to expand on mine, I get the same image I cropped, which is the same as in the 1x1 widgets.

Sent from my phone.

Tibedabeeto

Apr 15, 2010
Orlando
Just put a shortcut to your gallery or specific folder if you want to view all images...myself, I prefer the way it is, for when showing off my kids or what not, I have the images I want to show at hand, rather then having scroll through my whole gallery...

Sent from my phone.
Yeah, not really feeling your suggestion. If the dev doesnt like my suggestion it's ok. Just my feeling about an option I would like to see in the app.

Jedis

Nov 13, 2006
Not sure if I follow you, but when I touch to expand on mine, I get the same image I cropped, which is the same as in the 1x1 widgets.

Sent from my phone.

That's exactly my point. The crop box doesn't match the widget size (square vs rectangle). Even though the widget cuts off the sides of the square, tapping the photo should show the square, cropped size, and not the one that shows in the widget. Well, that or just show the whole picture when you tap the widget.

wtphoto

Dec 14, 2009
Southfield, MI
I completely agree with tib, I have never been a fan of how big the htc widget was but the functionality of was perfect for me. Im a photographer and I like to have 6 or 7 good photos from my portfolio on my phone so that in everyday situations when someone says hey I'm looking to get some photos I can show them some quick samples, give them my card. It acts like a teaser to get them to my site. This is a great app but I would like it much more if it scrolled the folder instead of having to have multiple widgets taking up the same amount or more realestate. Great work so far though, I love the customizable frame.

Sent from my frosty froyo' d Hero

PhilD41

Thank you for your responses. I will look at a dir option as there have been many request for that. The cropping is another issue. It is hard to manage both portrait and landscape with a single crop, hence the square crop.

Anyway... I am out of the country for a few months so I am not sure how much time I will have to work on it. I will try to see if I can at least bang around some of these ideas. Sorry for the delayed replay. I don't have a lot of access right now.

PhilD41

I noticed a bug in the latest release today. The scrolling option has a memory. If you remove all the widgets from your homescreens they re-add one. When you open the new widget and scroll, it scrolls thru all images you have ever had widgets for. This is even after a reboot.

Not sure what version this was with, but it should delete the image from the database when you remove the widget. Mine works fine on the Hero although while developing I did have this happen once. To correct this you can remove all widgets and use the settings->manage applications to delete the application data and it will start fresh. I have not been able to reproduce this with several attempts with the last several versions.

Please let me know if this is still occurring and what device. Thanks for the feedback.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bug found

I noticed a bug in the latest release today. The scrolling option has a memory. If you remove all the widgets from your homescreens they re-add one. When you open the new widget and scroll, it scrolls thru all images you have ever had widgets for. This is even after a reboot.