Generic Easy No Screws Aluminum Bumper

Search This thread

TheNeighbor101

Jan 25, 2013
janeilarlegui.deviantart.com
This is one of those unknown China-made accesories that I happened to stumble upon in a accesories kiosk. Very minimal and easy to take off, especially if you need to change the battery a lot.

uploadfromtaptalk1398662124364.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1398662146462.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1398662070007.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1398662184970.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1398662206356.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1398662237652.jpg

It's perfect for those extended battery packs or the more bumped out S Charger cover by Samsung.

uploadfromtaptalk1398662260531.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1398662389407.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1398662426736.jpg

It cost just below $10. No disruption to the antennas. Protects the plastic fake chrome sides - the only weakness I find with the Note 3.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: wolfy

johnny13oi

Nov 13, 2006
Texas
Hi, I see these cases on eBay for very cheap. I was wondering if you know if the case protrudes enough so that the camera doesn't touch the bottom with the case on using the standard stock cover? Like with the standard battery cover and the case ... does the camera still touch the table if you place it down or is it thick enough to raise the camera up?

TheNeighbor101

Jan 25, 2013
Hi, I see these cases on eBay for very cheap. I was wondering if you know if the case protrudes enough so that the camera doesn't touch the bottom with the case on using the standard stock cover? Like with the standard battery cover and the case ... does the camera still touch the table if you place it down or is it thick enough to raise the camera up?

Unfortunately, there isn't something like that. This is my 2nd frame. My first one had to be screwed to be in place:

You can can see that the frame matches to cover the sides, NOT to match the thickness of the back so to prevent the CAMERA FROM TOUCHING a flat surface. This is one of the reasons why I got the S Charger cover. Its thicker build raises the camera lens by a fraction of a millimeter and the flat back prevents wobbling while you wrote with the S Pen.

I tried the wireless charging and it's great for office or home. But not often for me since my job requires me not staying at one place.

Tsukihi

Jan 7, 2014
I've always wanted to try one of these with a colored OEM backing.

Watch out for the screw ones on eBay though, I purchased one a couple months ago.
The package came with 1 screw (the case needed 2) and it didn't even come with the little screw driver.

Wasn't worth the wait and I had it refunded anyway.

jacqueline robert

Feb 5, 2014
London
This is one of those unknown China-made accesories that I happened to stumble upon in a accesories kiosk. Very minimal and easy to take off, especially if you need to change the battery a lot.

View attachment 2713178
View attachment 2713180
View attachment 2713177
View attachment 2713181
View attachment 2713182
View attachment 2713183

It's perfect for those extended battery packs or the more bumped out S Charger cover by Samsung.

View attachment 2713184
View attachment 2713188
View attachment 2713189

It cost just below $10. No disruption to the antennas. Protects the plastic fake chrome sides - the only weakness I find with the Note 3.

I like this. Its really cheap. Thanks for your post

Natureboy72

Apr 3, 2011
Fountain Hills, AZ

View attachment 2713178
View attachment 2713180
View attachment 2713177
View attachment 2713181
View attachment 2713182
View attachment 2713183

View attachment 2713184
View attachment 2713188
View attachment 2713189

Link?

Daved+

May 25, 2008
May be just cut the cheap screen protector and put it on the lens? It might affect the pics but just a suggestion if you wanna protect it.

Thanks for trying to help but I already tried that long time ago, it won't stick there, I think it's because it's not a flat surface.

Sent from my SM-N900T

roofus3000

Nov 10, 2009
s view cover combo

Will this work with the S view cover? I have looked all over the web and I cant find a bumper..aluminum or plastic that can be confirmed to fit in conjunction with the s view cover.

bschrib

Feb 18, 2009
Columbus

OP, as near as I can tell this is the one you have..?

It looks nice, it's certainly cheap. Are you still enjoying yours? No signal issues?

Another one I thought looked promising was this one.

TheNeighbor101

Jan 25, 2013

It looks nice, it's certainly cheap. Are you still enjoying yours? No signal issues?

The first one is exactly like mine. No signal issues at all. The main antenna is at the bottom back of the Note 3 and it does not block it at all. I enjoy using it with an all black look. Easy to remove to change battery.

The second one has an odd one corner fire the latch, like I had a strange corner with the screw on for my first aluminum bumper.

Reactions: bschrib

bschrib

Feb 18, 2009
Columbus
The first one is exactly like mine. No signal issues at all. The main antenna is at the bottom back of the Note 3 and it does not block it at all. I enjoy using it with an all black look. Easy to remove to change battery.

The second one has an odd one corner fire the latch, like I had a strange corner with the screw on for my first aluminum bumper.

Awesome! I ordered one, I'm so excited. Last question, and definitely not a deal-breaker but do you know if it will fit with the S-View cover on?

Thanks again for this great find, you're spot on the plastic bumper is the one downfall to the Note 3.

TheNeighbor101

Jan 25, 2013
Awesome! I ordered one, I'm so excited. Last question, and definitely not a deal-breaker but do you know if it will fit with the S-View cover on?

Thanks again for this great find, you're spot on the plastic bumper is the one downfall to the Note 3.

I wouldn't expect it to fit with an S cover.

Reactions: bschrib

roofus3000

Nov 10, 2009

No one seems to be able to answer this question. I know there is a bumper case or some type of mod where you can have the sides of your phone protected while having the S-view case on..come on peeps help us out. I can't be the only that has this question.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

uploadfromtaptalk1398662124364.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398662146462.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398662070007.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398662184970.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398662206356.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398662237652.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1398662260531.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398662389407.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398662426736.jpg

I wouldn't expect it to fit with an S cover.

Update: got a new one

I have since purchased this one and found it to be better:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/151251742076

The fit is tighter, the buttons feel better, and it feels like it weighs less. Yes the small protrusion on the bottom left is a little annoying but holding the phone with your left hand it actually helps with one handed use.