Popcorn V2.5 - ROM for Motorola Defy Froyo 2.2.2 with SD Card Class 10 & GPS Fix Lto

Search This thread

popcorn1122

Nov 21, 2011
Mumbai
I have added the following files in a zip file extraapps.zip in first post, if you want to install it separately.
The files are from the stock SEA15 ROM.
  1. CardioTrainer_v3.5.0-non-debuggable.apk
  2. Facebook.apk
  3. GenieWidget.apk
  4. Gmail.apk
  5. GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
  6. Maps.apk
  7. MySpace.apk
  8. Street.apk
  9. Swype.apk
  10. Talk.apk
  11. VoiceSearch.apk
  12. YouTube.apk

Reactions: jm2k7

rishi2100

May 7, 2010
Great ROM

I have been using this ROM from past some days and i must say that this is what i am looking for...YES...a Froyo and not ICS :eek:
excellent speed,battery, smoothness, and BATTERY (i have to wright it two times because my battery life increases 2 folds). It also removes the problem of sudden battery drops, caused by flashing too many different ROMs...(i think)

Also, as many unnecessary apps are deleted, they do not connect to the internet by themselves, means it saves data packets too...(no unwanted balance deduction when data is on).

Thanks to Popcorn for such a great ROM :):)

jm2k7

Mar 7, 2011
Black Mesa :P
hello, a question, inside the folder "/ system / app" is a apk called "GuoBiIME_MOTO_RUTH.apk" can be removed? :confused:

He appeared in the repertoire of applications on the market. According to market it sees a Chinese keyboard com, and have more negative scores than positive. At first I was scared when he came into my applications on the market.

popcorn1122

Nov 21, 2011
Mumbai
Its not good idea to delete that APK , I had tried and had some problems ... :)
Its a stock apk and I think we should not remove it.

SuperSkill

Jun 25, 2011
Kristiansand
Hi:)

Installed this 8 hours ago, this is a rom as a rom should be :D clean stock(all crapware removed). Haven't looked deeply in it, therefore I ask if you have added any tweaks for further improvements like batteridrevet, increase smoothness and so on? By the way, are this phone compatible for init.d? I hope you will continue this baby as I also have an optimus 2x and development have improved mostly all compared to what LG has done.

Great work Popcorn :) Thanks for making my day(s) :D

popcorn1122

Nov 21, 2011
Mumbai
did you wipe data and cache and dalvik?
also try setting privacy.. reset and reboot

then do google registration.... start market , accept the terms and condition.... then wait for 5 minutes with your wifi or data conection on. this will update market on its own.... let me know what happens...

samorgs

Jul 14, 2010
Numurkah
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
did you wipe data and cache and dalvik?
also try setting privacy.. reset and reboot

then do google registration.... start market , accept the terms and condition.... then wait for 5 minutes with your wifi or data conection on. this will update market on its own.... let me know what happens...

Already done all that, 2 or 3 times makes no difference. Seems to work for 5-6 times using play store then the FC's start and the only way to stop it is to go into settings-applications-manage applications select play store and clear data & cache, then it is good for another 5-6 times till it starts FC again.

cheers

popcorn1122

Nov 21, 2011
Mumbai
hello, a question, inside the folder "/ system / app" is a apk called "GuoBiIME_MOTO_RUTH.apk" can be removed? :confused:

He appeared in the repertoire of applications on the market. According to market it sees a Chinese keyboard com, and have more negative scores than positive. At first I was scared when he came into my applications on the market.

Did the test again..
You can remove that GuoBiIME_MOTO_RUTH.apk

Earlier Market version did not detect this software, but the new google play detects this stock chinese keyboard... you can remove it using file manager from /system/app folder...
I will update this in my next version.

popcorn1122

Nov 21, 2011
Mumbai
I am trying this but keep getting FC's with Google Play, I go in and clear data for it and it works for a while the starts force closing again and all I can do is clear data again.

Anyone else having the same trouble?

Sent from my MB525 using xda premium

The FC on google is for this reason:
When you install any rom for the first time, the market app is outdated. Google updates that on first time the market is started. It is advisable to use only one type of data connection in that process. Either APN or wifi. I would recommend to use a APN based connection to upgrade the market to Google Play Shop.

During this process if the connection changes from APN to Wifi, there is a FC problem.
Hence during the first time usage of google it is always better to wait for all sync to happen.

samorgs

Jul 14, 2010
Numurkah
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
The FC on google is for this reason:
When you install any rom for the first time, the market app is outdated. Google updates that on first time the market is started. It is advisable to use only one type of data connection in that process. Either APN or wifi. I would recommend to use a APN based connection to upgrade the market to Google Play Shop.

During this process if the connection changes from APN to Wifi, there is a FC problem.
Hence during the first time usage of google it is always better to wait for all sync to happen.

Done all that still get FC, but it does not seem to be happening as often now.

Cheers

popcorn1122

Nov 21, 2011
Mumbai
Updated 31 March 2012 - Popcorn Rom V1.4 on first post

Updated Popcorn Rom V1.4 on first post
Changelog:
  • Added GPS Fix. Cold starts every 4 hours + high accuracy
  • Removed Chinese keyboard "KeyboardGuoBiIME_MOTO_RUTH.apk"
  • Removed Vodafone360
  • Small minor fixes

juried

Jan 29, 2011
What is the procedure if coming from a previous version? Unzip, and restore system? Is it necessary to wipe cache and Dalvik cache? I'd like to wipe as little as possible.

jm2k7

Mar 7, 2011
Black Mesa :P
hello, is there a theme to the taskbar and notification black? I would like this rom the subject was a little more black.

strongly in favor of maintaining stability, without third party applications.

I would like this rom so it would look nice change of look. :)

SuperSkill

Jun 25, 2011
Kristiansand
mmmm, interesting, thanks. I did not know, I'm a little newbie ;)

ps: just to prove that the "UOT KITCHEN" all nice but lol, I went black and date not see anything.

I believe this to change is not mine:p

You can also open /system/app/systemUI.apk with 7zip and change icons manually and overwrite when inserting again. It demands patience ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Popcorn V2.5 - ROM for Motorola Defy Froyo 2.2.2 with SD Card Class 10 & GPS Fix Lto

Popcorn V2.5 - ROM for Motorola Defy Froyo

• This is based on the newest SEA15 build (3.4.3-36-1.7) official release. Green SOC Lens & Bayer Red Lens. It is highly recommended that you use a 3.4.3-36-1.7 SEA 15 base ROM.
    • Clean with no softwares. Removed Cardio Trainer, Car Dock, Swype, Moto Input Method(Chinese Keyboard), Esmusica, GOTV_Altitude, Revolver, Truecountry, Yahoo, Myspace, DLNA, Media Sync, VPN, Widgets, Vodafone360, Chinese Android - Keyboard,GuoBiIME_MOTO_RUTH.apk, etc.
    • Only the basic original software are included like Facebook, YouTube, Gmail, GTalk, Maps, Market, Music, Messaging & widgets, Camera, Camcorder, Gallery, Dialer & Contacts, Live wallpapers, Google Voice Search, Google Search ,Google Street, Voice Command Suite etc.
    • Just install it and enjoy the smooth Froyo with no junk which eat your battery juice.
    • It is just a Nandroid backup hence there is no problem if you wish to go back to your original ROM after flashing this. :)
    • Added - SD Card Class 10 Fix
    • Added - lto.dat auto download Fix .(Downloads 7 day extended emphersis every 5 days automatically)
    • This is my first ROM release. I have collected all software from this forum and assembled it to build a stable fast ROM from official SBF.
    • Suggestions are welcome.

Install README - Step by step flashing guide:
    Please do it at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage of your phone. Rooting voids your warranty. Please backup all data before proceeding.
    1. Download Latest PopcornV2.5 - http://ge.tt/8J61ppO/v/0?c
    2. Extract the PopcornV2.5.zip to your SD card under the folder /clockworkmod/backup/PopcornV2.5. Remember that when you unzip it , you do not have two folders like /PopcornV2.5/PopcornV2.5
    3. Restart the phone it will go in to boot menu or you can press vol - button when you see the blue led light.
    4. Select Recovery-->Custom Recovery
    5. Wipe only Data
    6. In backup and restore, select restore and select the folder PopcornV2.5 and restore it
    7. Wipe Cache
    8. In advance setting , Wipe Dalvik Cache.
    9. Reboot. Once you reboot wait for a while to restart. Once you see the welcome page, try not to skip the initial wizard and connect using 3G or 2G and complete the initial Google registration. This will enable the backup and restore to work smoothly. If you have no APNs during this, click the 4 square icon of your phone to add APN.
    10. Let the phone complete the sync. Start the Market and let it be on for 5-10 minutes to update itself.
    11. Again restart the phone it will go in to boot menu or you can press vol - button when you see the blue led light.
    12. Optional -- Select System-->UnRooting. This will unroot your defy. If you wish to keep root, do not do this step.
    13. Optional -- Select System-->Uninstall Bootloader. It will restart on its own. If you do not wish to remove bootloader, do not do this step.
    14. Reboot and Enjoy. If you unroot and uninstall boot loader, this ROM will be a stock rom with no added preinstalled software.
    15. Optional -- All All Apps in Task Manager Auto End List for a better Battery Life.
    16. Optional -- Select Only 2G in Network Setting if you do not have a 3G data service for a better Battery Life.
    17. Optional -- Calibrate Compass
    18. Optional -- Switch off WiFi & search of open/secured WiFi network if not required

This is CLEAN Froyo at its best. No bloatware. Install your favorite software from Market.

Optional Add BLUR software as mentioned in this post

http://ge.tt/61k1iXP/v/0 -- Install this zip for making it Semi Deoxed

Click Thanks if you like the ROM !!
    Updated Popcorn Rom V1.5 on first post
    Changelog:

Small minor fixes.
    This new theme is included in the main download ! :)
    Change log:
    CPU:1000:52, 600:38 , 300:20
    720p Playback
    All stock softwares updated upto 01/July/2012
    I have tried to include softwares which are practically needed and removed all other softwares which are not needed by an average user who need stable ROM and Fast ROM. Also anytime you can go back to original rom if you need to claim warranty.

Also this is for GREEN Lens & Red Lens
    new version PopcornV1.7 with lto.dat download