[Q] [bug?] application camera

Search This thread

Disorganise

Sep 19, 2010
I'm not sure I'm posting in the correct area so please go easy if I'm incorrect.

I installed Omni ROM onto my i9305 on the weekend, replacing the alliance ROM I'd been using. I've found an application that doesn't seem to work anymore: eCoffeeCard. It's supposed to scan barcodes and acts as an electronic loyalty card. For some reason, the camera image is corrupt (lot's of lines as you might imagine a failed camera) and thus the scan cannot possibly work.
The app works fine under Alliance, and both the camera app that comes with Omni/GAPPS and the new Google camera available in Play store work fine.
A friend has the same phone also running Omni and confirms the same issue when testing last night. I've written to the app maker as well, but since the issue seems to be some kind of incompatibility specifically with Omni, I was hoping you'd also be able to help.

aside from this one app, Omni has so far been good. Battery life was incredible yesterday, lasting at least 13 hours before I got the 14% warning. Normally I expect to get the warning around 2pm (around 7.5/8 hrs) and either have to recharge or swap out the battery to get through the day. Assuming this wasn't a fluke, it is reason enough to stick with Omni....but I need my 'free' coffees...

thanks

Disorganise

Sep 19, 2010
Have now gone through many ROMS that exhibit the same behavior. Suspect the issue lies with KitKat since Alliance (where it was working ok) is still Jelly Bean based