Wouldn't it be nice if...

Search This thread

vrl13

Apr 29, 2012
Bucuresti
... if you could swipe left / right on the watch and scroll through your custom watchfaces configurations?

This way you'd have everything in place according to the situation, like having a watchface for sports with counters and music controls, then with one swipe you put your watch in the office configuration with calendar and email, or in navigation mode for riding a motorcycle.

Any takers of such a task? :D

Sent from my Xperia V using Tapatalk

Reactions: AlexOB1

JarlSX

May 4, 2009
Eindhoven
hmm, well, i don't plan to change my watch face often, so switching in the SW2 app is enough for me

also, this would be something for Sony to implement...

Reactions: vrl13

vrl13

Apr 29, 2012
Bucuresti
hmm, well, i don't plan to change my watch face often, so switching in the SW2 app is enough for me

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

On one side I tend to agree with you - in the end this is just a watch and a single watchface should suffice, provided you can squeeze in all your necessary widgets.

However, due to the recent developments in the custom widgets area I DO feel the need to have more than a single configuration available preferably through a simple gesture.

I wonder if this could be achieved by means of swipe or some sort of navigation widget or even a menu that would allow you to switch between your custom (not built-in) watchface configurations (3 would suffice)

AlexOB1

Jun 4, 2013
... if you could swipe left / right on the watch and scroll through your custom watchfaces configurations?

This way you'd have everything in place according to the situation, like having a watchface for sports with counters and music controls, then with one swipe you put your watch in the office configuration with calendar and email, or in navigation mode for riding a motorcycle.

I couldn't agree with you more, can't believe Sony haven't implemented this! Surely they've thought of it?

Have you tried contacting them? Would be a simple implementation for them.

vrl13

Apr 29, 2012
Bucuresti
I couldn't agree with you more, can't believe Sony haven't implemented this! Surely they've thought of it?

I would rather not turn my hopes to Sony - they did a great job with the updates but they take too long to move or respond to their users, if at all.

Rather than this being a firmware level functionality I thought it more in the terms of a "dynamic" shortcut application that would increment or decrement a slot number based on the swipe direction (left-/right+) and then trigger (after a very short timeout) the built in selector to display the corresponding watchface for the resulting slot #.

Of course, this app would have to run in the background to capture the swipes when the screen is on.

Alternatively, this could be achieved with 2 widgets - left/right - no swipe would then be necessary.

AlexOB1

Jun 4, 2013
I would rather not turn my hopes to Sony - they did a great job with the updates but they take too long to move or respond to their users, if at all.

Rather than this being a firmware level functionality I thought it more in the terms of a "dynamic" shortcut application that would increment or decrement a slot number based on the swipe direction (left-/right+) and then trigger (after a very short timeout) the built in selector to display the corresponding watchface for the resulting slot #.

Of course, this app would have to run in the background to capture the swipes when the screen is on.

Alternatively, this could be achieved with 2 widgets - left/right - no swipe would then be necessary.

Nobody has hacked the on watch software as far as I know, so it would have to come from hacking the phone watch designer, I guess as you mention via watchface widgets. Asking manu0466 for thoughts would be a good place to start, as he's already hacked the software in some way.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

vrl13

Apr 29, 2012
Bucuresti
Nobody has hacked the on watch software as far as I know, so it would have to come from hacking the phone watch designer, I guess as you mention via watchface widgets. Asking manu0466 for thoughts would be a good place to start, as he's already hacked the software in some way.

I'm sorry, but you got me wrong - I was talking about an app that would use the new widget capability of the watch, NOT about a hack of any sort.

Maybe someone who understands the limits of the Sony SDK could shed a light on this matter? :)

AlexOB1

Jun 4, 2013
I'm sorry, but you got me wrong - I was talking about an app that would use the new widget capability of the watch, NOT about a hack of any sort.

Maybe someone who understands the limits of the Sony SDK could shed a light on this matter? :)

So you'd need widgets whose functionality and design can change dynamically.

While possible, I think that would be a complicated way of achieving the objective, considering the interaction with different apps by different developers.

There would have to be a middle layer added in, interacting with a watch face widget on one side and various apps on the other.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So you'd need widgets whose functionality and design can change dynamically.

While possible, I think that would be a complicated way of achieving the objective, considering the interaction with different apps by different developers.

There would have to be a middle layer added in, interacting with a watch face widget on one side and various apps on the other.

You don't need to open the smartwatch app on your phone to change the watch face, just unlock the watch and go into settings/watch face

The challenge would be to replace this action on the watch with a tap on a widget or, better yet, with a swipe gesture.