[ROM] [4.4.2] TeamEOS - The Revival || Nightlies

Search This thread

anders3408

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2009
Jerslev
EOS-Wall1.png

Welcome to Eos! The Eos project originated with the AOSP release of ICS, and was originally founded by Solarnz and co founded by Bigrushdog. Since then, Eos has evolved into a multinational collaborative effort backed by top Android developers. Our objective is to provide a world class AOSP build with unique features and enhancements. Eos is an ongoing development project in which builds are released on a regular basis. Every release should be considered stable and highly functional.

Roster.png

Bigrushdog - Project lead, Chief Developer [Xoom || Galaxy Nexus || HTC One (M7)]
RaymanFX - Co-leader, AOSP code maintainer [Xperia S || Nexus 7 (2013) || OPPO N1 || OPPO Find7a]
jrior001 - Jenkins/Gerrit Admin, CAF code maintainer [HTC One X]
anders3408 - Frameworks Developer [OPPO Find5 || OPPO N1]
Roach - Frameworks Developer [Nexus 4 || Nexus 7 (2013) || HTC One (M8)]
Connor Baker [Nexus 4 || HP Touchpad]

features.png

Code:
NX Gesture Navigation Bar
EOS Weather Engine
Custom Quick Toggles Tiles with Brightness & Volume Seekbars
Softkeys Long-Press Actions
Network Indicator
Battery Indicator Mods
Clock Mods
T-Mobile Theme Engine
Force Navigation Bar on any device
Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
Advanced power menu with reboot options.
MORE...

credits.png

We give love and much respect to Cyanogenmod. The AOSP scene would not exist as it does today without them. We implement some of their branches to support legacy devices and features that users have demanded.

downloads.png

Team EOS Find5 Nightly builds

Find5 <<< Link >>>

G-Apps Package

Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the rom:

GApps <<< Link >>>

installation2.png

These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST 4.4.x COMPATIBLE RECOVERY.
Detailed instructions:

Going to EOS4.4.x from a rom < 4.4.x:
  • Backup everything !
  • Go to recovery
  • Make a full wipe / factory reset
  • format /system
  • Flash the rom
  • Flash optional kernel
  • Flash gapps
  • Reboot
Updating from EOS 4.4.x #XX to #YY:
You can usually skip the full wipe step.
If ever you encounter an issue make sure you make a full wipe first before reporting though.

Information.png

Find5 comes with a custom kernel, featuring the latest CAF kk_2.7-stable patches and designed specially for EOS.

Contribute
Gerrit Review
Jenkins Build System
Github

XDA:DevDB Information
TeamEOS, ROM for the Oppo Find 5

Contributors
anders3408, teameos
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-05-23
Last Updated 2014-05-22

extremetech

Jul 9, 2007
Rabat, Malta
www.andrewpaulb.com
Awesoommeee :)

Can you list any bugs ? Is this continuation work from CM11 ?

I was using CM11 but stopped because of Camera, Bluetooth Pairing and Black Screen Bug + An additional feature I missed from ColorOS is the Timing Power on/off.

Last edited:

anders3408

Dec 15, 2009
Jerslev
No bugs I know. Battery is pretty good, not a cm based rom but we do uses some cm libs. Its more like our old cfx but without clang, llvm and so.

Very stable and having some unique eos functions, such as nx gesture which is an alternative to navbar

Sent from my N1 using XDA Free mobile app

anders3408

Dec 15, 2009
Jerslev
Just flashed your Rom.. camera didn't work.. seems fast :) can you integrate double tap to wake.. loved the eos button setting.. regarding themes will cm themes work or only aosp?

Sent from my X909 using Tapatalk

First be careful with which gapps you uses and do format system and data and cache and dalvik.

I always recommend the small banks gapps. Double tap to wake is already added, look at settings ---> more

Cm themes should work fine but not the new cm theme engine.

Sent from my N1 using tapatalk

marreti

Jan 31, 2012
praia da vitória
just flashed

just installed the rom...and there where 2 main things that catch my eye... first one the smooth fast .. great one.. second one that horrible search bar on the home screen ... camera works properly ...my signal is great ...wifi ...gapps i had to install minimal pack...cause the standard didnt work...battery live ..have to wait and see...

by the way good work ... and keep it going..:laugh:

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

by the way ... will modem 4.1 make any difference...?

anders3408

Dec 15, 2009
Jerslev
just installed the rom...and there where 2 main things that catch my eye... first one the smooth fast .. great one.. second one that horrible search bar on the home screen ... camera works properly ...my signal is great ...wifi ...gapps i had to install minimal pack...cause the standard didnt work...battery live ..have to wait and see...

by the way good work ... and keep it going..:laugh:

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

by the way ... will modem 4.1 make any difference...?

4.1 modem Will break wifi and so :)
Ya search bar ain't nice but having it without gapps avoids new issues. We might add some launcher settings for that :)

sazinas

Sep 15, 2008
In a land of my own
First be careful with which gapps you uses and do format system and data and cache and dalvik.

I always recommend the small banks gapps. Double tap to wake is already added, look at settings ---> more

Cm themes should work fine but not the new cm theme engine.

I have had the same issue with camera not working. I will now try to install "minimal" gapps. Please make sure to note that on the description for future users.

Thanks! Overall the bugs that I found both in Omni and CM roms are not there, so I'm happy for now :cyclops:

anders3408

Dec 15, 2009
Jerslev
I have had the same issue with camera not working. I will now try to install "minimal" gapps. Please make sure to note that on the description for future users.

Thanks! Overall the bugs that I found both in Omni and CM roms are not there, so I'm happy for now :cyclops:

Thanks for input ;)

Doukeyakusha

Jul 25, 2012
I appreciate the continued support for this phone. thanks anders. I am a little hesitant in flashing this rom though. I don't want to cause any problems for my wife's phone lol. She is currently on Omni Nightly 4.4.2-20140212

Are you going to be adding any 4.4.3 goodies? Thanks for your time. ah one more thing, do I need to flash any modem?

Last edited:

anders3408

Dec 15, 2009
Jerslev
I appreciate the continued support for this phone. thanks anders. I am a little hesitant in flashing this rom though. I don't want to cause any problems for my wife's phone lol. She is currently on Omni Nightly 4.4.2-20140212

Are you going to be adding any 4.4.3 goodies? Thanks for your time. ah one more thing, do I need to flash any modem?

4.2 modems is used here, but omni uses the same, unless your on an old build.

Yes we're starting to merge 4.4.3 today

Doukeyakusha

Jul 25, 2012
Thanks for the reply. I ended up not having wifi, and found a 4.2 modem at the oppo forums. Flashed it and all is well, idle battery is pretty darn good. So far no overheating or any major issues. I'll ask my wife about more details when she gets home from work. 4.4.3 news is great, can't wait :) This ROM has brought new life to my wife's phone, so thanks again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EOS-Wall1.png

Welcome to Eos! The Eos project originated with the AOSP release of ICS, and was originally founded by Solarnz and co founded by Bigrushdog. Since then, Eos has evolved into a multinational collaborative effort backed by top Android developers. Our objective is to provide a world class AOSP build with unique features and enhancements. Eos is an ongoing development project in which builds are released on a regular basis. Every release should be considered stable and highly functional.

Roster.png

Bigrushdog - Project lead, Chief Developer [Xoom || Galaxy Nexus || HTC One (M7)]
    RaymanFX - Co-leader, AOSP code maintainer [Xperia S || Nexus 7 (2013) || OPPO N1 || OPPO Find7a]
    jrior001 - Jenkins/Gerrit Admin, CAF code maintainer [HTC One X]
    anders3408 - Frameworks Developer [OPPO Find5 || OPPO N1]
    Roach - Frameworks Developer [Nexus 4 || Nexus 7 (2013) || HTC One (M8)]
    Connor Baker [Nexus 4 || HP Touchpad]

features.png

Code:
    NX Gesture Navigation Bar
    EOS Weather Engine
    Custom Quick Toggles Tiles with Brightness & Volume Seekbars
    Softkeys Long-Press Actions
    Network Indicator
    Battery Indicator Mods
    Clock Mods
    T-Mobile Theme Engine
    Force Navigation Bar on any device
    Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
    Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
    Advanced power menu with reboot options.
    MORE...

credits.png

We give love and much respect to Cyanogenmod. The AOSP scene would not exist as it does today without them. We implement some of their branches to support legacy devices and features that users have demanded.

downloads.png

Team EOS Find5 Nightly builds

Find5 <<< Link >>>

G-Apps Package

Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the rom:

GApps <<< Link >>>

installation2.png

These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST 4.4.x COMPATIBLE RECOVERY.
    Detailed instructions:

Going to EOS4.4.x from a rom < 4.4.x:
    • Backup everything !
    • Go to recovery
    • Make a full wipe / factory reset
    • format /system
    • Flash the rom
    • Flash optional kernel
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Updating from EOS 4.4.x #XX to #YY:
    You can usually skip the full wipe step.
    If ever you encounter an issue make sure you make a full wipe first before reporting though.

Information.png

Find5 comes with a custom kernel, featuring the latest CAF kk_2.7-stable patches and designed specially for EOS.

Contribute
    Gerrit Review
    Jenkins Build System
    Github

XDA:DevDB Information
    TeamEOS, ROM for the Oppo Find 5

Contributors
    anders3408, teameos
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-05-23
    Last Updated 2014-05-22
    No bugs I know. Battery is pretty good, not a cm based rom but we do uses some cm libs. Its more like our old cfx but without clang, llvm and so.

Very stable and having some unique eos functions, such as nx gesture which is an alternative to navbar

Sent from my N1 using XDA Free mobile app
    br0mygawd, EOS for the find 5, this is the happiest day of my life :D
    i still run my xoom with EOS :)
    i have been using eos, for some time, great so far, the install was fast, the gapps i had to use the minimal package, nothing bad at all, Google apps work fine, Google camera etc etc, battery life was good, not the best i have had, but it does one day great, i am using greenify combined with xposed module, for hibernating apps, and using snapdragon guru for the rest, today i was 4% and with 1 day, 22h, 34ms, not bad....

goods about the rom: fast, stable, good batery life, nice tools(like the navbar options, etc,etc.), works with no problems at all. good daily driver...

theres is nothing bad i have noticed about the rom, like on other roms, some apps forced closed...nothing of that ...not one...but i wish that some other stuff where implemented on the rom like:

-OTA
    -more tools to play with..(like those on gravitybox)
    -a better sound driver(dts,surrond)
    -a preinstalled app for screen recording(like some other rom have)
    -to take off that stupid search bar (personaly i hate it...)
    -theme engine

and thats what i think about this rom... hope to help..

Thanks for that :)
    We have switched to trebuchet (cm launcher) in last build. That allows to hide search bar.
    Ota is on its way.
    We still uses the T-Mobile theme engine and waiting for cm engine gets more stable.

great rom so far..

i have been using eos, for some time, great so far, the install was fast, the gapps i had to use the minimal package, nothing bad at all, Google apps work fine, Google camera etc etc, battery life was good, not the best i have had, but it does one day great, i am using greenify combined with xposed module, for hibernating apps, and using snapdragon guru for the rest, today i was 4% and with 1 day, 22h, 34ms, not bad....

goods about the rom: fast, stable, good batery life, nice tools(like the navbar options, etc,etc.), works with no problems at all. good daily driver...

theres is nothing bad i have noticed about the rom, like on other roms, some apps forced closed...nothing of that ...not one...but i wish that some other stuff where implemented on the rom like:

-OTA
    -more tools to play with..(like those on gravitybox)
    -a better sound driver(dts,surrond)
    -a preinstalled app for screen recording(like some other rom have)
    -to take off that stupid search bar (personaly i hate it...)
    -theme engine

and thats what i think about this rom... hope to help..