[DOESN'T WORK] Restore lost IMEI (IMEI=0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

oversleeper

Jun 24, 2014
Melbourne
Ok guys, maybe this could work for those who lost their IMEI running a "fastboot erase all" or for any other reason. It's a theoretical solution, since I can't test it on my device because my IMEI works. So don't blame me if doesn't work.

1) Go on fastboot mode (vol down + power button) and select BP Tools
2) Connect the usb cable to computer
3) Open Windows Device Manager (write "devmgmt.msc" without quotes in the Start menu)
4) You will see "Motorola QC Diag Interface, click on it and update drivers, search driver on computer, manually search, PORTS (com and lpt), Motorola, Motorola QC Diag Port
5) Now your device is correctly recognized
6) download this tool (credits to lyriquidperfection, the tool isn't mine)
10) extract and open the tool, select Qualcomm NV tools
11) chose the right com port, connect your phone and go on secure options, check IMEI box, click Read (should be 000000000000000)
12) write your IMEI and click Write
13) tell me if it works

TESTED, UNFORTUNATELY IT DOESN'T WORK.:(

This thread can be closed.

Last edited:

oversleeper

Jun 24, 2014
Melbourne
I too have not lost my IMEI but tried this any way two problems the IMIE was wrong in the last digit mine is 55 the tool displayed 50 when ask to write 50 the tool displayed OK but on checking the IMIE had not changed.
The last digit is a check digit. But if you haven't lost your imei you can't overwrite it. Should try someone with imei=0

Last edited:

preacher23

May 15, 2007
same here. My Imei is blank when i do *#06# but using this tool my imei is correct EXCEPT the last digit shows 0 instead of the right digit being 5

surfino

May 27, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
Ok guys, maybe this could work for those who lost their IMEI running a "fastboot erase all" or for any other reason. It's a theoretical solution, since I can't test it on my device because my IMEI works. So don't blame me if doesn't work.

1) Go on fastboot mode (vol down + power button) and select BP Tools
2) Connect the usb cable to computer
3) Open Windows Device Manager (write "devmgmt.msc" without quotes in the Start menu)
4) You will see "Motorola QC Diag Interface, click on it and update drivers, search driver on computer, manually search, PORTS (com and lpt), Motorola, Motorola QC Diag Port
5) Now your device is correctly recognized
6) download this tool (credits to lyriquidperfection, the tool isn't mine)
10) extract and open the tool, select Qualcomm NV tools
11) chose the right com port, connect your phone and go on secure options, check IMEI box, click Read (should be 000000000000000)
12) write your IMEI and click Write
13) tell me if it works
14) if it works offer me and lyriquidperfection a beer

Tested Twice, sadly it's not working, still IMEI 0

Status
Not open for further replies.