[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS (T959) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

TheAggression

Jan 27, 2011
Do a full wipe (data, cache, system) then flash, rom it's silky smooth, btw i installed all my apps fresh from the market, I avoid restoring apps data like the plague.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

Thanks....I'll give it a go again. I'm pleased with its speed and silky smoothness but was surprised when the Battery drain issue surfaced. I figured for 4.0.4 it was a thing of the past.:confused:

yw2012

May 25, 2009
Confirmed that GPS works pretty well. I got a lock in nyc. Running latest slim with latest essential and stock kernel. Great rom!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA

ktorres1120

Jun 16, 2007
San Diego
Can't seem to get my phone to connect via USB so I can transfer files to it. Is this a known ICS issue? Any trick to get it to work?

xtone

Oct 1, 2010
Diamond Bar, CA
+1 here. It charges but the animation doesn't work. But I don't think it is the rom. Any thoughts what could I do to fix it?

I have installed GB boot loader.

easy fix is to push in the missing files in /system/media folder.

all that's missing are the battery_charging_xx.qmg files.

you can grab these files from other roms.

Sent from my SGH-T959

Reactions: mmfxda

ktorres1120

Jun 16, 2007
San Diego
I put this in my changelog for 3.0. Make sure fast charge toggle is not on or fast charge is enabled on boot via ASS. that will kill usb data connection as it uses the full 1A to charge the battery.

In my case I had to go into device manager (windows 7) and disable/enable USB hubs.

Ok thanks for the tips. I did all that and it still wont recognize my device. I'll wait and see if the next update fixes it. Thanks!

TheAggression

Jan 27, 2011
Need some tips or help here. My battery stats appear to be jacked. Its weird as hell. My battery was at 80%, I rebooted it and all of a sudden its a 15% percent and I'm getting the low battery warning. I went into recovery which showed the real/current battery level. How do I fix this?

xtone

Oct 1, 2010
Diamond Bar, CA
Need some tips or help here. My battery stats appear to be jacked. Its weird as hell. My battery was at 80%, I rebooted it and all of a sudden its a 15% percent and I'm getting the low battery warning. I went into recovery which showed the real/current battery level. How do I fix this?

do nothing, use as normal. it will calibrate itself.. eventually.

or.. drain the battery dead, charge fully, use as normal.

Reactions: TheAggression

BurningArmada

Aug 23, 2010
Dallas
Any way to change the aspect ratio back to stock? I love the rom but it beats my eyes up :)

Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

Lochman79

Dec 29, 2011
Sounds like you flashed the wrong essentials. Try re-downloading the vibrant essentials and flashing.

Reactions: rajkumar484

yw2012

May 25, 2009
Latest slim and everything stock. First days battery life is 8 hours with ankur 1800mah battery. For some reason battery continues to drain after I went to bed and the phone went to deep sleep. Calibrating battery on day 2 and hopefully it will get better.

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
Latest slim and everything stock. First days battery life is 8 hours with ankur 1800mah battery. For some reason battery continues to drain after I went to bed and the phone went to deep sleep. Calibrating battery on day 2 and hopefully it will get better.

Something's wrong mate, check whats draining your battery. I hear media server or something like for few, soln is to delete dsp or replace dsp manager from cm9 and replace media provider from cm9. it's got to do with the external card scan. Not sure why only few see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimnewlogo.png
    IMPORTANT: FEATURE REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED, MY BETA TESTERS WILL DO THAT DIRECTLY TO ME.

Key features:
    • Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team,
    • Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
    • ROM - 54MB
    • Slim Common - ~20MB
    • 5 languages ( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
    • Lightning Launcher
    • Lockscreen Options ( Calendar, Weather etc, check via ASS)
    • Screenshot via Customizable Nav Bar
    What Works:

• Everything for daily use
    Supported Devices here, no extra devices for now ( and NO PORTS of Slim ICS):

Removed apps here, download it via my OTA app

Credits here

Source:

https://github.com/krarvind/

Rest:
    http://source.android.com

Latest version, Download Links and Change Logs : Go Here

Discuss the rom here in xda and Hit Thanks if you try the rom and like it .
    reserved for future use
    4.2 Released

Read Changelog carefully. I am off for a mini vacation. Cheers. Do consider donation if/when you can. Have fun.
    2.8 Released

Check 2nd post of SGS thread ( usual place) for details and download links. Lots of effort but managed to get a common base across Nexus and Galaxy S Phones. Have fun guys, hit thanks and consider donation. Cheers. Past midnight here.Bed time.
    3.6 Released, Have fun.