[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS (T959) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DKM119

Aug 22, 2009
gritosmetaleros.blogspot.com
Hi:
I've been using this Rom for a week, before that i was using Bionix nextgen v2, and i did a sim unlock a few months ago.
Now I'll be traveling to South America in two weeks and planning to use my vibrant over there, so i just check if i was still unlock (i Odin back before flashing ICS Slim and not sure if by Odin back i was locked again) so i type the code that I'm familiar with *#7465625# and i get this
185a649a-3784-fa03.jpg

Now my question is how to find out if I'm still unlocked?
Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Premium App

renardk764

Sep 27, 2010
Austin Texas
So I narrowed down my connection problem. I'ts only the EMAIL app when on wifi. It looses connection. Is there a newer EMAIL.APK out there somewhere that I can try?

jonen

Jan 11, 2011
didn't really notice before but i can't receive any pictures through mms

did a complete wipe before using slim with version 3.2 and just updated to 3.3 last night

is there a patch/fix for this?
i can send out mms just fine

ruhrohs

Oct 2, 2010
I wanted to give a quick report of how this ROM runs on my Vibe.

Came from Bionix-V FishmanMod Final 3. ODIN'd to stock, flashed CM 9 and then Slim. The process was pretty painless.

Been running the ROM for a couple of days and I have to admit, that the ROM is the smoothest ICS I've used. I have tried Team ICSSGS and CM9. Both of them weren't as snappy and responsive as Slim. The battery life is better than either of those ROMS, but it's no where near that of Bionix-V.

I'm running the Icy Glitch Kernel, not OC'd/UV'd. My battery runs about 20 hours with moderate use, auto-sync enabled, 37% screen brightness, moderate RSS news reading, and minimal phone calls.

How is the battery life for you guys? What kernel are you using? OC'd/UV'd?

I want to get a feel from other people to see how the battery life is.

Another thing is the auto-brightness. Is that working for you guys? Mine doesn't work very well.

siberian85

Nov 8, 2009
Orange
help urgent

I have serous issue with wifi it wont connect to home wpa2 secured wifi "authentication problem" and also wont connect to school wifi it is stuck on connecting , Please can someone help me since I do not have data on the phone I am stuck.

demension21

Jan 17, 2011
Laval
I was on froyo and I wiped everything and then tried to flash the base. Of course it gave me an error. lucky for me had a CMW9 kernel ICS KISS 5.1. The kernel detected the base and flashed it and I followed the rest of the instructions

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

mexicandroid

Aug 12, 2011
Houston
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I have serous issue with wifi it wont connect to home wpa2 secured wifi "authentication problem" and also wont connect to school wifi it is stuck on connecting , Please can someone help me since I do not have data on the phone I am stuck.

Try doing a fresh install, maybe an app is messing with it, that's what I would do, my wifi is working fine. Also when you get home try downloading the rom again

Last edited:

siberian85

Nov 8, 2009
Orange
I did try reflashing and the problem persist I don't know what my be this is terrible what should I do if there is any other way to connect to home wifi I mean I must have secured but maybe somehow differently

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA

siberian85

Nov 8, 2009
Orange
Maybe different modes I tried one that comes with this from and also running now ka7 but no change!

mexicandroid

Aug 12, 2011
Houston
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I did try reflashing and the problem persist I don't know what my be this is terrible what should I do if there is any other way to connect to home wifi I mean I must have secured but maybe somehow differently

Did you install a different kernel lot anything like that? Also try to download the rom again, maybe you got some bad data

prbassplayer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
Maybe different modes I tried one that comes with this from and also running now ka7 but no change!

Did you just set up the WIFI? I remember there was a specific password encryption that gave me issue before (not specifically Slim, but ICS). But if the phone worked fine with your wife set up then I don't know. Redownload, full wipe, format /system and reflash.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimnewlogo.png
    IMPORTANT: FEATURE REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED, MY BETA TESTERS WILL DO THAT DIRECTLY TO ME.

Key features:
    • Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team,
    • Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
    • ROM - 54MB
    • Slim Common - ~20MB
    • 5 languages ( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
    • Lightning Launcher
    • Lockscreen Options ( Calendar, Weather etc, check via ASS)
    • Screenshot via Customizable Nav Bar
    What Works:

• Everything for daily use
    Supported Devices here, no extra devices for now ( and NO PORTS of Slim ICS):

Removed apps here, download it via my OTA app

Credits here

Source:

https://github.com/krarvind/

Rest:
    http://source.android.com

Latest version, Download Links and Change Logs : Go Here

Discuss the rom here in xda and Hit Thanks if you try the rom and like it .
    reserved for future use
    4.2 Released

Read Changelog carefully. I am off for a mini vacation. Cheers. Do consider donation if/when you can. Have fun.
    2.8 Released

Check 2nd post of SGS thread ( usual place) for details and download links. Lots of effort but managed to get a common base across Nexus and Galaxy S Phones. Have fun guys, hit thanks and consider donation. Cheers. Past midnight here.Bed time.
    3.6 Released, Have fun.