Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires
Geekybiker,

Yes, persano designed this around the Kindle Fire HD 7" and is not intended to be used on the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" - due to several differences I would not recommend using this on the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" and the Kindle Fire 2.

This is a nice upgrade for the Kindle Fire HD 7". We will have modified build.prop for the others in our Kindle Fire First Aide. This feature will be available in about 2 - 3 months along with performance scripts designed for the Kindle Fire family of tablets.

build.prop yes, but i will extract my tweaks and more so you can use it for kinlde fire hd 8.9 and kindle fire 2 too.init.d scripts work for all devices!!!! (but mp9engine was modified by me, you can do it too. i do some in the middle of perfomance and battery but you can change it for more battery or perfomance) i use them in my motorola spice, it dont have gpu so is slow but with my tweaks i do my best and work good.

need a tester that can modific all the values in mp9engine (very easy) to get the best in 8.9. because i cant see if it is fast or drain less battery because i dont have a 8.9

Last edited:

MShock

Dec 16, 2011
problems

I'm having some trouble following the directions. I can't seem to get the script to run and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do that first or move the int.d install files in place and then run the script?

Persano, I really appreciate your work and this sounds like it has great benifits but it would be nice if maybe the instructions were a easier to follow for begginers like me.

Maybe someone that has completed this succesfully could walk me through the directions.

Thanks

meddle70

Nov 14, 2010
Re: Persano's KFHD Tweaks

I'm having some trouble following the directions. I can't seem to get the script to run and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do that first or move the int.d install files in place and then run the script?

Persano, I really appreciate your work and this sounds like it has great benifits but it would be nice if maybe the instructions were a easier to follow for begginers like me.

Maybe someone that has completed this succesfully could walk me through the directions.

Thanks

Have to agree I usually don't struggle with stuff like this but I'm pretty confused on how to do it as well. Maybe a video tutorial?

Sent from my KFTT using XDA Premium HD app

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs

First download the script... I run mine through script manager. I set it as root/boot and then click run... It will automatically check everything for you. After it's done close it. Now do the next step by putting the files in, recovery.sh and Run parts. Then download the tweaks for your version. Unzip them and put them in there selected areas. Change the permissions on the build props and init.d and NOT.. DO NOT SET THE PERMISSION ON THE M9 FOLDER! I Double check everything and then reboot. Ryuinfierno has an app on his original page that checks if you have init.d support you can download to make sure. Reply if have any problems

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires

First download the script... I run mine through script manager. I set it as root/boot and then click run... It will automatically check everything for you. After it's done close it. Now do the next step by putting the files in, recovery.sh and Run parts. Then download the tweaks for your version. Unzip them and put them in there selected areas. Change the permissions on the build props and init.d and NOT.. DO NOT SET THE PERMISSION ON THE M9 FOLDER! I Double check everything and then reboot. Ryuinfierno has an app on his original page that checks if you have init.d support you can download to make sure. Reply if have any problems

Thanks to explain it better for people who dont understand

Sent From My Super Modded KFHD

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires
Last edited:

Hollaback12786

Aug 31, 2011

Other alternative but, i got bootloop with that app, for enabling init.d only is good but for tweaks not much

Sent From My Super Modded KFHD

hmm..interesting. I didn't have a problem with it, but every Kindle is different I and other people are finding out.

Glad i never bootlooped lol dont have a factory cable :( ive only tried a few tweaks, on my evo 3d i tried them all one day lmao dont remember what happened

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

Hinzman420

Oct 28, 2010

This made my kindle slower. ???
First screenshot was before your tweaks and secomd screenshot is after you tweaks

Sent from my KFTT using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359220152483.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359220152483.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 289
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359220182222.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359220182222.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 280

MShock

Dec 16, 2011

Thank you for clearing some of that up. So Yesterday I tried to run the script after I had already moved the files and its didn't work. Here is what it shows:

Busybox found!
reloc_library[1285]: 14212 cannot locate '__set syscall_errno'...
CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE
awk applet NOT FOUND!
CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE
run-parts applet NOT FOUND!

Required applets are NOT FOUND!

Please reinstall busybox!

I've tried reinstalling busybox with no luck. Do you think this is happening becuase I tried to run the script after I put all the files in place?

I was able to us Pimp my Rom to enable init.d but i'm not sure if the tweaks are working... is there anyway to check?

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
Thank you for clearing some of that up. So Yesterday I tried to run the script after I had already moved the files and its didn't work. Here is what it shows:

Busybox found!
CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE
awk applet NOT FOUND!
CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE

I've tried reinstalling busybox with no luck. Do you think this is happening becuase I tried to run the script after I put all the files in place?

I was able to us Pimp my Rom to enable init.d but i'm not sure if the tweaks are working... is there anyway to check?

Well you need to following the directions. Don't deviate off what they say or else you will probably have problems.. You need to download BusyBox (Stericson) in the Google play store. That app will update you with the latest Busybox. Then remove the files and try running the script again. Follow the directions step by step. Thats why they are steps bc you need to follow that order. Post back if you have any issues and we (persano) will try to figure it out. Good luck!:good::)

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

This made my kindle slower. ???
First screenshot was before your tweaks and secomd screenshot is after you tweaks

What platform do you have? KFHD 7", 8.9" or KF2? The reason I ask bc 7734 is pretty high for a none tweaked KFHD 7"

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

I found this video, is this what i need to do? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwwI_6doBWk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

Yes thats the video I followed as well as some wiring diagrams for micro usb cables. The micro usb that I used was a B?!*CH if you catch my drift. It had plastic over the wiring and the board where the pins are located. I had to use a lighter to melt away the plastic and then solder the wire from pin 1 to pin 4. Make sure when you do it that the solder or wire does not touch other pins or wires! It can be a little tedious, but just take you time and it will work.. Let me know if you have any ?'s

Reactions: Hollaback12786

Hinzman420

Oct 28, 2010

(First benchmark picture) Kindle hd 7" fresh update to 7.2.3 then factory restored. Completely clean just root and playstore installed and no tweaks. Scored 7734

I think i figured it out i didn't set permissions for build.prop. I fixed that and got this

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359223935796.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359223935796.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 249

MShock

Dec 16, 2011
Well you need to following the directions. Don't deviate off what they say or else you will probably have problems.. You need to download BusyBox (Stericson) in the Google play store. That app will update you with the latest Busybox. Then remove the files and try running the script again. Follow the directions step by step. Thats why they are steps bc you need to follow that order. Post back if you have any issues and we (persano) will try to figure it out. Good luck!:good::)

Your right, I should have followed the directions but I got confused. My fault for not waiting until I knew what I was doing.

I have downloaded busybox (stericson) and am currently running the latest busybox. Also, I'm not sure how I'm going to remove the files because they were overwriting/replacing the stock files in some cases.

Persano, do you have a way to check and see if the tweeks are in place and working?

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
Your right, I should have followed the directions but I got confused. My fault for not waiting until I knew what I was doing.

I have downloaded busybox (stericson) and am currently running the latest busybox. Also, I'm not sure how I'm going to remove the files because they were overwriting/replacing the stock files in some cases.

Persano, do you have a way to check and see if the tweeks are in place and working?

Well the build.prop will work. You don't need to run a script for that. The script is for the execution of the init.d. There is an app in ryuinfierno original post. You can either search his name or search "enable init.d". The app basically tells you if you have init.d support. I would not recommend trying to activate through that app but it will make sure you have init.d. If it says you have init.d then you are good to go. Just a tip though. If you want to stay out of trouble with your kindle wait for a response before tweaking anything if you don't exactly what you are doing. It will save you the headache in the long run, trust me bc I have done the same thing lol.:good:

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires

Busybox found!
CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE
awk applet NOT FOUND!
CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE

download pimp my rom from google play, its more easy, only enable init.d, dont use tweaks because all arent compatible and you can get a bootloop like me some time ago.

and set right permission to all. antutu isnt right, i tested without some tweaks and give more points but was slower and battery drained faster!, this cant slow your kindle, it will make all faster, zipaling all apps, best app killer and memory manage so you will have a faster and more ram free kindle fire hd, i make it faster and more ram free, so its better for you

Last edited:

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires

and i said that you have to delete no overwrite, if using rom toolbox you will get a copy file. so check if that files are the same heavy than my, or better use pimp my rom and enable init.d, its easier

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Follow Up - Feedback

download pimp my rom from google play, its more easy, only enable init.d, dont use tweaks because all arent compatible and you can get a bootloop like me some time ago

persano,

Very impressive post, it is cool to watch you grow in XDA! I knew you would find a neat niche in XDA, congrats, you have worked hard to provide everyone solid tweaks.

Do you have a Factory USB Cable? If not send me a PM with your address and I will send you one at N/C.

Top Liked Posts