Signal Bar Fluctuates on GPE

Search This thread

ILowry282

Oct 8, 2013
I have a T-Mobile M8 that I converted to a GPE. I've noticed that my signal bar constantly fluctuates. I never lose LTE, but I go from 3 bars to 1 bar to 2 bars and back to 3 bars several times. WhenI had sense it showed a steady signal

ducted

May 30, 2014
I have a T-Mobile M8 that I converted to a GPE. I've noticed that my signal bar constantly fluctuates. I never lose LTE, but I go from 3 bars to 1 bar to 2 bars and back to 3 bars several times. WhenI had sense it showed a steady signal

Things like that prevented to convert my stock Sense into GPE. If you noticed, the RUU update contains new firmwares for radio, adsp and others for your device, that could be not 100% compatible with your hardware version (AFAIK Sense & GP have different model IDs).

But this is only my thought and I'm new to this world, I could be totally wrong.

Anyway, if you don't lose the signal it could be a bug related only to the interface data interpretation. Your connection is stable, but the software doesn't read it properly.

Try any app like SignalCheck and compare the readings.

Cheers!

ILowry282

Oct 8, 2013
Things like that prevented to convert my stock Sense into GPE. If you noticed, the RUU update contains new firmwares for radio, adsp and others for your device, that could be not 100% compatible with your hardware version (AFAIK Sense & GP have different model IDs).

But this is only my thought and I'm new to this world, I could be totally wrong.

Anyway, if you don't lose the signal it could be a bug related only to the interface data interpretation. Your connection is stable, but the software doesn't read it properly.

Try any app like SignalCheck and compare the readings.

Cheers!

So according to this I should show more bars right?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-03-19-00-44.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-03-19-00-44.png
    188.6 KB · Views: 51

ILowry282

Oct 8, 2013
Is that with the GPE radio or the stock T-Mobile radio? Have you tried flashing back the T-Mobile radio?

It's the radio that came with the RUU zip file. Can I just go ahead and flash the T-Mobile one? I changed the CID to the Google one if that matters. If I can flash the T-Mobile one, do you know where I can find it?

ducted

May 30, 2014
Can I flash a different radio?

Seen your graph with SignalCheck, it looks like you have more radio signal strength than the signal bars are showing.

I think you don't have to worry about unless the connection drops out totally. Sometimes I get the same readings in my Sense edition.

Anyway, if you want to try, here is a compilation of different radio firmwares, including two for T-Mobile:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2736921

If you decided to flash a new radio, first connect your device to your computer and do a backup of your current radio firmware with the following procedure:
Open a command prompt in your computer where your ADB & Fastboot commands are located and type the next commands (press enter after every one).
- Type: adb shell
- Type: su
(Check your device screen if your root program (SuperSU or Superuser) asks to grant root permission, and allow it.)
- Type: dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p20 of=/sdcard/radio.img
- Type: exit
- Type: adb pull /sdcard/radio.img

Now you have in your ADB folder a backup of your current radio firmware, follow the procedures to flash a new radio firmware and if something goes wrong, just flash the one you backed up.

Cheers!

Reactions: BerndM14

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can I flash a different radio?

Seen your graph with SignalCheck, it looks like you have more radio signal strength than the signal bars are showing.

I think you don't have to worry about unless the connection drops out totally. Sometimes I get the same readings in my Sense edition.

Anyway, if you want to try, here is a compilation of different radio firmwares, including two for T-Mobile:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2736921

If you decided to flash a new radio, first connect your device to your computer and do a backup of your current radio firmware with the following procedure:
    Open a command prompt in your computer where your ADB & Fastboot commands are located and type the next commands (press enter after every one).
    - Type: adb shell
    - Type: su
    (Check your device screen if your root program (SuperSU or Superuser) asks to grant root permission, and allow it.)
    - Type: dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p20 of=/sdcard/radio.img
    - Type: adb pull /sdcard/radio.img

Now you have in your ADB folder a backup of your current radio firmware, follow the procedures to flash a new radio firmware and if something goes wrong, just flash the one you backed up.

Cheers!