[Q] ROOT Smartpad ep750

Search This thread

Kevinjs

Jan 2, 2011
Hi, does anybody have any idea on how to root this? On their website they have an updater tool which says to get it into recovery you must push power and volume button only there is no volume button.. only physical button is a power button and then there is a reset hole in the back of the tablet. http://www.easypix.eu/smartpad750_en.html

I would like to at least root it and then see if there are any developers for this model.
Thanks.

Likespikes69

Nov 24, 2012
You can get the proper windows drivers and connect to it through ADB. Using this method you can push clockwork mod touch, and the touch interface should work fine. You might have to use ADB terminals for keypresses as it starts though, I'm not sure how you would boot into recovery without a rom. But once in a rom, you can always select the reboot into recovery option.

Kevinjs

Jan 2, 2011
do you have any guide for this, Im more just interesting in rooting it to start with. I think I figured out how to get it into some sort of recovery mode but windows wont let me install the recovery mode drivers so I cant do anything

tominozh

Mar 9, 2011
Dublin
Google Pixel 7
do you have any guide for this, Im more just interesting in rooting it to start with. I think I figured out how to get it into some sort of recovery mode but windows wont let me install the recovery mode drivers so I cant do anything

Hi there. Do you mind sharing the info how to get it into some sort of recovery mode ;). And with the tool from that web site. Was it difficult to do?

ProJerem

Feb 5, 2013
ADB does not find Easypix Smartpad EP750

I just rooted it with unlockroot.com , It works for any tablet with the rockchip 2906 (Rk29).

It seems impossible for me, I installed the driver, now in the Windows device-manager you can find a "Class for rockusb devices" and there a "RK29 Device" but adb seems not fo find it.

While I see the device in my Windows device manager I pushed the Root-button from the unlockroot.com - tool, but after it tried to check via ADB there comes a popup "not detected any device ..."

Checking it with Ubuntu-Linux with the lsusb - command, this tablet has NO NAME, I can find the VendorID and the ModelID but after that, there is NOTHING , all other USB-Devices do have a name after its IDs, and trying to check via Davlik Debugging Monitor (ddms) you have to chose the name of your device,
but it is impossible to me, because I cannot chose NOTHING to use NOTHING with ADB ... has anybody an idea, how it may work, or has anybody a working ROM on his Easypix Smartpad EP750 which has root or at least a name ?
Maybe anybody has a working udev - entry for Linux ... pls post it here !!!

Under Windows I am able to flash the device with its own flashing-tool (RKBatchTool) but since now I did not find any ROM which I can flash instead of the original ROM - the latest I downloaded from Easypix-WebSite = 750_20120621 with Android 4.04 but no root-access,
I tried to flash a CM9, but the RKBatchTool told, that was no possible ROM for that device .....

tommytenbellies

Jul 18, 2011
It seems impossible for me, I installed the driver, now in the Windows device-manager you can find a "Class for rockusb devices" and there a "RK29 Device" but adb seems not fo find it.

While I see the device in my Windows device manager I pushed the Root-button from the unlockroot.com - tool, but after it tried to check via ADB there comes a popup "not detected any device ..."

Checking it with Ubuntu-Linux with the lsusb - command, this tablet has NO NAME, I can find the VendorID and the ModelID but after that, there is NOTHING , all other USB-Devices do have a name after its IDs, and trying to check via Davlik Debugging Monitor (ddms) you have to chose the name of your device,
but it is impossible to me, because I cannot chose NOTHING to use NOTHING with ADB ... has anybody an idea, how it may work, or has anybody a working ROM on his Easypix Smartpad EP750 which has root or at least a name ?
Maybe anybody has a working udev - entry for Linux ... pls post it here !!!

Under Windows I am able to flash the device with its own flashing-tool (RKBatchTool) but since now I did not find any ROM which I can flash instead of the original ROM - the latest I downloaded from Easypix-WebSite = 750_20120621 with Android 4.04 but no root-access,
I tried to flash a CM9, but the RKBatchTool told, that was no possible ROM for that device .....

How did u manage to flash through windows? i have one of these tablets that was handed out with some ****ty program that has been installed by a medical company to give out to patients , with a load of information about certain medical conditions, a load of ****e basically, i want to flash the original rom in order to wipe this crap program from it to allow me to use it as a normal tab . I managed to install the driver but cannot get it into any form of recovery mode in order for the device to show in the flashing program . Any help appreciated

liamo77

Jan 2, 2016
hi i was wondering if you could let us no if it worked for you as i have 3 of them with pattern key lock and its saying im putting in the wrong email address which is the correct 1 and i can find any information to help me remove them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just rooted it with unlockroot.com , It works for any tablet with the rockchip 2906 (Rk29).