[Q]Serial number 00000000000

Search This thread

BennyZars

Dec 22, 2013
from 4.3 i downgrade to MG4 4.1.2 everything is ok. i have my IMEI but when i look at my serial number i have 00000000000.

is that normal? is there any problem if i have that serial number? should i find a way to fix that? any fix to that serial number if that is a problem?.

i thank you in advance for your help.

i have s3 GT-19300

uglyjohny

Jan 18, 2013
Restore back to 4.3 and youll have your imei back. Downgrading without reading any post here on xda is foolish. Use search next time

if helped press thanks

Reactions: BennyZars

BennyZars

Dec 22, 2013
Restore back to 4.3 and youll have your imei back. Downgrading without reading any post here on xda is foolish. Use search next time

if helped press thanks

like i said in my first post i have my IMEI. my network is working. my wifi, text and calls. problem is my serial number is 00000000000. i would like to ask what is the use of serial number and is it ok to have that number.

uglyjohny

Jan 18, 2013
Your imai shold be nummber thats located under your batery but if this doesnt bother you its ok. You messed your EFS cos on 4.3 and above is v2, and on 4.2.x and down is v1. Thats why you have 0000...

if helped press thanks

BennyZars

Dec 22, 2013
Your imai shold be nummber thats located under your batery but if this doesnt bother you its ok. You messed your EFS cos on 4.3 and above is v2, and on 4.2.x and down is v1. Thats why you have 0000...

if helped press thanks

my imei doesn't bother me because my phone has it. how do you define a messed EFS?. a messed EFS doesn't have a IMEI and because of that they don't have network.. but i have. based on what i read in this site. mg4 and above has v2 that is why i choose a rom with mg4 modem and that is why i have a network and IMEI.

ill just ask this simple question. what is the use of Serial number?. compared to IMEI if you don't have your IMEI, automatically your phone will have no network. but in Serial number, if the phone's serial number is 00000000000 what will be the effect in the phone?. because if it doesn't have any side effect or bad effect then thats ok with me. and i don't want to use any patch to correct it like the ariza patch..

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013

if helped press thanks

Wrong. U can have 4.1.2 with efs v2.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Give a thank if I helped you :)

ndmuni

Sep 16, 2011
my imei doesn't bother me because my phone has it. how do you define a messed EFS?. a messed EFS doesn't have a IMEI and because of that they don't have network.. but i have. based on what i read in this site. mg4 and above has v2 that is why i choose a rom with mg4 modem and that is why i have a network and IMEI.

ill just ask this simple question. what is the use of Serial number?. compared to IMEI if you don't have your IMEI, automatically your phone will have no network. but in Serial number, if the phone's serial number is 00000000000 what will be the effect in the phone?. because if it doesn't have any side effect or bad effect then thats ok with me. and i don't want to use any patch to correct it like the ariza patch..

Have you tried connecting to Kies? I had a different serial number not the 00000 but in numbers and lower case alphabets and kies wn' connect other than that all other functions were ok. I suppose you would have a problem if you want to sell the phone, maybe, maybe not. Cheers

hierarchy666

Jan 24, 2011
Singapore
I had a problem same with yours a couple of days ago. I fixed it with a free tool. Samsung remote server. Google it. I got my serial number back for free.

Last edited:

BennyZars

Dec 22, 2013
thanks guys for your help but im back again at 4.3 jelly bean mk7 israel version hehehe. ^_^

and my serial number is back again.

Apr 30, 2013
This same problem everywhere.. root your mobile and download XXEMG4 modem for s3 and apply that file from recovery mode.:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Sheffy55

Feb 17, 2015
Cm13 00000000000

Hey, i was running cyanogenmod on my s3 for awhile as a secondary device, but i needed to activate the thing and noticed that i couldnt. i did some digging in my device and found that my serial code was 00000000000 just like in this post. now i realized it was too late to revert back, i carelessly hadnt made any good backups of anything because i didnt think id really need the device. So i went to ifixit and ordered up a new motherboard, i installed it then made backups of everything, including the efs folder, the modem folders, all of it, then installed cm13. Still have 00000000000 as a serial number, i restored my efs and restored the modem files and what do ya know.... 00000000000 i dont know what this means for me, maybe all the other stuff is fine and i can activate like normal, but this is a huge pain in the ass and id like to know if anyone else has this problem and if theres help for me and hope for cm13.

SPH-L710 d2spr cm13
maybe its worthy to not this ones baseband is l710vpudoh1

Sheffy55

Feb 17, 2015
Update:

Well, i downgraded to stock unrooted L710vpudnj2 and started over, not updating tp oh1. Then installed 12.1,everything works perfect right now, ill try cm13 regularly and update again when it works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

if helped press thanks

if helped press thanks

Have you tried connecting to Kies? I had a different serial number not the 00000 but in numbers and lower case alphabets and kies wn' connect other than that all other functions were ok. I suppose you would have a problem if you want to sell the phone, maybe, maybe not. Cheers
    I had a problem same with yours a couple of days ago. I fixed it with a free tool. Samsung remote server. Google it. I got my serial number back for free.