Sense or No Sense? What do you guys prefer...

Search This thread

Daley87

Apr 30, 2009
Bolton
Same question as in the title, do you prefer to have sense or prefer to get rid? I love sense 4 but do think the amount of ram it uses is a bit on the heavy side...
I'm currently undecided.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Goku80

Mar 18, 2012
Within the Matrix
Same question as in the title, do you prefer to have sense or prefer to get rid? I love sense 4 but do think the amount of ram it uses is a bit on the heavy side...
I'm currently undecided.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

i like sense..beautiful UI and just plain better than TW. but still if i see a AOKP rom or cm9 fully stable and working i will be making the jump. cause nothing beats pure google rom at the end of the day.;) both have their good and bad points. plus if you still like sense you can reduce the ram size it eats up by using rom cleaner;)

distortedloop

Feb 14, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I prefer a vanilla experience, but I'm keeping a sense based ROM on my HOX until I can find a camera app that comes close to the greatness of the sense 4 camera and takes advantage of the hardware.

CM9 on my HOX was fast and snappy, but I don't care for the camera.

I did a bit of DE-Sensing on my own with Titanium by freezing a lot of HTC stuff; basically anything with the weird Sense in it. Greatly improved multitasking, but still not as well as my Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Goku80

Mar 18, 2012
Within the Matrix
I prefer a vanilla experience, but I'm keeping a sense based ROM on my HOX until I can find a camera app that comes close to the greatness of the sense 4 camera and takes advantage of the hardware.

CM9 on my HOX was fast and snappy, but I don't care for the camera.

I did a bit of DE-Sensing on my own with Titanium by freezing a lot of HTC stuff; basically anything with the weird Sense in it. Greatly improved multitasking, but still not as well as my Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

there is a thread now as well that gives you what apps to freeze or disable as well:)

Garoto1973

Dec 29, 2010
Heredia, Costa Rica
Guys, I bought a HOX after owning a Samsung Captivate and then a Galaxy S2, so I considered myself a self proclaimed Samsung fanboi. I made the jump because I wanted to taste another brand and I've liked HTC since the Windows Mobile days.

Regarding Sense 4 let me tell you, compared to TW it is simply fantastic. It is so well designed, elegant, simple, love the lockscreen customizations.

You all are correct, the camera app on HOX is that good that I am not leaving sense until something better comes along. I am thinking of installing a Sense based ROM but I am hesitant as I am enjoying the stock experience so much (for now).