Optimus G Pro vs Galaxy Note 2

Search This thread

cyprusx

Mar 15, 2011

Hey guys i need help with this list, i have never used a LG phone, Im listing the advantages of both plz let me know if i have left something out

Galaxy Note 2

S Pen
microSD, up to 64 GB
Stereo FM
True Blacks (AMOLED Display)
Air View
64 GB storage
Split Screen
Simultaneous Video & Image Recording
Removable Battery

Optimus G Pro

13MP Camera
Lighter
1080p Resolution
Higher PPI
Brighter Display (IPS Display)
True Whites (IPS Display)
Adobe Flash Built In
2.4 MP Front Camera
Slimmer Bezel
Curved Glass

Last edited:

Hentitan

Nov 26, 2012
note 2 got true black? while og pro got true colors

Sent from my LG-F180K using xda app-developers app

Billy Madison

Dec 31, 2011

Attachments

• Quadrant.jpg
    Quadrant.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 202

Billy Madison

Dec 31, 2011
microSD, up to 64 GB
OG Pro has
OG Pro has
What's that? Miracast? OG Pro has it
Sort of has
Simultaneous Video & Image Recording
OG Pro has
OG Pro has

hirent

Nov 5, 2011
Louisville
Hey guys i need help with this list, i have never used a LG phone, Im listing the advantages of both plz let me know if i have left something out

The primary differences are the screen & the S-Pen.
720 vs 1080 => G PRO
Pen => Note II

Everything else is subjective; too close to call.
Highly capable quad-core processors, screen (phone) size is 5.5", µSD card slot in both devices and removable battery in both - battery capacity is 3100 (Note) vs 3140 (G Pro).

Standard eMMC storage: G Pro is listed as 32GB vs. 16GB for the Note II
If the 32GB G Pro comes in at the same cost as the 16GB Note II, then the G Pro edges out the Note (in my book).

Here, this small comparison from Phone Arena should help.

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
The Qualcomm Adreno320 blows Eyxos 4412 out of the water, it's twice as fast especially in new benches, not like in outdated Quadrant, Nenamark etc
You are comparing a GPU to a CPU. Our CPU (APQ8064) kicks the 4412's ass, but our GPU is about equivalent. Our CPU is more efficient and theoretically faster than the Exynos due to a newer ARM architecture base and other Qualcomm optimizations.

arshcaria

Feb 13, 2009
Manchester
I have both Note2 and E975.(No G pro of course:D)

If you want a phone with 5.5 inch screen, I think you should treat it as a memo or notebook, not a regular phone.
So S-Pen is a very essential part of this kind of usage(memo and notebook).

I am going to sell out my Note2 because it's not very convenient for daily use.(too big to handle with one hand)
I think I will not apply any phone with screen bigger than 4.8/5.0 inch in the future.

E975 is perfect for me, both in performance and look and size~

So, please consider usage of your phone before you buy one of these big devices.

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
No, you've mistaken. Go in this thread, catch GPU mark, fire it on both 4412 and adreno 320 and post your results 2 compare. You'll see that 320 is twice faster than your Mali 400.
You simply look into old benchmarks results if you think our GPUs are equivalent

In antutu, we beat exynos in 3d graphics but they beat us in 2d.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

Billy Madison

Dec 31, 2011
In antutu, we beat exynos in 3d graphics but they beat us in 2d.
2D? What's that? The most irrelevant spec to bench in the first place. When your 2d rendering speed is slow and not enough? And probably Exynos is faster in 2d cause it renders 2d at full throttle while Qualcomm only work on slow speed like 384Mhz or something. Just probably

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
2D? What's that? The most irrelevant spec to bench in the first place. When your 2d rendering speed is slow and not enough? And probably Exynos is faster in 2d cause it renders 2d at full throttle while Qualcomm only work on slow speed like 384Mhz or something. Just probably

I believe he was only talking benchmark wise, not real situation. However, 2D is also important. since your launcher run in 2d. You are also mixing CPU and GPU speed.