AmAzon Kindle Fire 8.9 stock rom return

Search This thread

field3d

Oct 10, 2009
Hello yesterday I was rooted and installed Google apps but now I removed the root then I went to restore to factory defaults in kindle settings and when I reboot the kindle fire show the welcome configuration screen but after choose the language tell "setup wizard has stopped " and nothing more return to language menu you choose and the same error in an endless loop. How can I put the stock firmware considering I´m not root anymore and after make the restore to default factory defaults?
Thank you

Thepooch

Mar 31, 2012
Get the device into fastboot and fastboot flash the stock boot image, fastboot flash stock recovery then use SRT to restore the stock system image. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2011126 . If you never changed the boot image or the recovery then simply just use SRT to replace the system image in fastboot.

Last edited:

field3d

Oct 10, 2009
but how

But how can I enter into fast boot mode? Remember that I used before the crash a factory default in settings of the kindle settings menu and when booted after that the ADB usb option was removed.and my kindle is not recognized with the command "adb devices" to be detected inside windows I must activate the option of ADB USB inside kindle but kindle I can't enter like you now is stuck in language wizard.
Thank you

Thepooch

Mar 31, 2012
This is not Q & A bud it`s development but in order to get into fastboot download SRT shift +right click inside that folder, select open command window here, power off and unplug your device
Code:
fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product
in terminal hit enter, it will say waiting for device, plug your kindle in, it will return product: Jem-PVT-Prod-04. The Kindle will be in fastboot you will see this also on the Kindle screen. Run option 2 on SRT after that has finished select wipe cache and userdata, then select reboot normally. ADB and fastboot are different so it should not matter. I did send you a pm I would be happy to help you get this done.

Last edited:
Reactions: vlavlix and field3d

field3d

Oct 10, 2009
option 2

The option .w is for restore superuser? I ask because if you remember I removed the root via KFFirstAide32.zip after remove the root I used the restore to factory defaults from kindle and for make that factory defaults from kindle was the problem. Now no matter if there is no root the option 2 of restore superuser can be made? I ask before proceed and make another mistake and how is the kindle of my wife you can imagine.
Now if no matter that I'm unrooted and if all is correct I'll do:
1.- Your command fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product
2.-Once in fast mode use the option 2 superuser restore.
3.-Wipe cache
4.-Normal boot

After that am I rooted again and fixed? Or is just the stock firmware installed.
Thank you for the help you are saving my life in my house if this work.

Thepooch

Mar 31, 2012
The option .w is for restore superuser? I ask because if you remember I removed the root via KFFirstAide32.zip after remove the root I used the restore to factory defaults from kindle and for make that factory defaults from kindle was the problem. Now no matter if there is no root the option 2 of restore superuser can be made? I ask before proceed and make another mistake and how is the kindle of my wife you can imagine.
Now if no matter that I'm unrooted and if all is correct I'll do:
1.- Your command fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product
2.-Once in fast mode use the option 2 superuser restore.
3.-Wipe cache
4.-Normal boot

After that am I rooted again and fixed? Or is just the stock firmware installed.
Thank you for the help you are saving my life in my house if this work.
Your still rooted with system replaced, clean and fixed.

Last edited:

field3d

Oct 10, 2009
Excellent

Ok I have a last question before proceed after rooted again how can I install the stock rom downloaded from amazon page in .bin. I see the first options of KFFirstAide32.zip to restore kindle devices with that option of restore is stock rom or what other. way I can install a stock rom without any signal of root.
Thank you

Thepooch

Mar 31, 2012
Ok I have a last question before proceed after rooted again how can I install the stock rom downloaded from amazon page in .bin. I see the first options of KFFirstAide32.zip to restore kindle devices with that option of restore is stock rom or what other. way I can install a stock rom without any signal of root.
Thank you
If your attempting to return to stock without root your on your own. Direct your question to @Prokennexusa it`s his KFFirstAide software.

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.53-Beta for Windows - Permission Denied SOLVED

Hello yesterday I was rooted and installed Google apps but now I removed the root then I went to restore to factory defaults in kindle settings and when I reboot the kindle fire show the welcome configuration screen but after choose the language tell "setup wizard has stopped " and nothing more return to language menu you choose and the same error in an endless loop. How can I put the stock firmware considering I´m not root anymore and after make the restore to default factory defaults?
Thank you

field3d,

Please follow these steps to solve you problem.

Step 1: Download and Install Kindle Fire First Aide via the instructions - do not forget to add the PATH statement of C:\KFFirstAide

Step 2: Plug the Kindle Fire into USB, BE SURE the Kindle is powered OFF. Then select Option 16 wait until the software instructs you to turn on the Kindle Fire.

Step 3: If that method fails try Option 15 to boot the Kindle into Fastboot

Step 4: Once you are in Fastboot use our software to restore the Kindle - Option 7

Step 5: That is it, you may use our tool to install Google Play Store and Google Apps

We solve the Permission denied issue and the build.prop edit issues - here it is hot off the presses at 23:53 on 02/22/2013.

Rev 4.1.53 Change Log:
1. Fixed Permission Denied Problem
2. Changed the timing on Option 21
3. Streamline code - processes at a faster rate of speed
4. Changed Enable OTA to Selective Enable
5. Found double quotes with the build.prop lines, this caused the build.prop edits to fail.
6. Removed the Symbolic Link to Temp after every install

*****Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.53-Beta RunMe 02/22/13 at 23:53 for Microsoft Windows*****

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.53-Beta for Windows Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip (Ubuntu One)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.53-Beta for Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip (Ubuntu One)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.53-Beta for Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip (Ubuntu One)

Make sure you are running the latest version of Java SE Development Kit 7u15

Reactions: urboy4mbx

field3d

Oct 10, 2009
Thank you Thepooch

Thank you Thepooch you saved my life KFHD_SRT_v2.1 worked like a charm!!!!!!!! all with your directions. Thank you for the time you wasted wit me. This forum is great just friendly and amazing people.
Thank you prokennexusa now I´m rooted I´ll proceed to install google apps.

kfhd srt 2.1

Thank you Thepooch you saved my life KFHD_SRT_v2.1 worked like a charm!!!!!!!! all with your directions. Thank you for the time you wasted wit me. This forum is great just friendly and amazing people.
Thank you prokennexusa now I´m rooted I´ll proceed to install google apps.

I can't find that file anywhere! i've tried downloading from the link, which takes me to the google docs download page, but it always comes back with a communication error about 3% into the download. would you, thepooch, or anyone, be able to send this file to me?

galearned

Apr 6, 2012
Gainesville
Kindle Fire First Aide requires ADB for restore?

field3d,

Step 1: Download and Install Kindle Fire First Aide via the instructions - do not forget to add the PATH statement of C:\KFFirstAide

Step 2: Plug the Kindle Fire into USB, BE SURE the Kindle is powered OFF. Then select Option 16 wait until the software instructs you to turn on the Kindle Fire.

Step 4: Once you are in Fastboot use our software to restore the Kindle - Option 7

Step 5: That is it, you may use our tool to install Google Play Store and Google Apps

We solve the Permission denied issue and the build.prop edit issues - here it is hot off the presses at 23:53 on 02/22/2013.

Rev 4.1.53 Change Log:
5. Found double quotes with the build.prop lines, this caused the build.prop edits to fail.

*****Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.53-Beta RunMe 02/22/13 at 23:53 for Microsoft Windows*****

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.53-Beta for Windows Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip (Ubuntu One)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.53-Beta for Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip (Ubuntu One)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.53-Beta for Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip (Ubuntu One)

Prokennexusa:
There seems to be a problem with using kindle fire first aide to Restore a kindle fire if not already rooted?

Steps 15 or 16 gets the tablet into fastboot
To restore, go to step 7
Step 7 part way down warns the user that this operation will fail if not rooted?
Seems that if the user has messed up the tablet and it is not rooted, the user cannot restore the system image unless the root note is incorrect.

The next problem is that if a tablet is not in ADB mode, root cannot be achieved?
All of the instructions seem to use only ADB to root the tablet.
I noticed that root many android uses only ADB commands to root.

It looks like KFHD_SRT_v2.1 will restore the system image with root which is good ( will have to try it to see).
What happens if the boot or bootloader is broken?
Is there an image that puts all of the partitions back? (Boot, Bootloader, Recovery and system images)
I found a nice post listing KFHD8.9.restore.zip from soupmagnet which restores all images but, is a linux script and may also need root to complete.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is not Q & A bud it`s development but in order to get into fastboot download SRT shift +right click inside that folder, select open command window here, power off and unplug your device
    Code:
    fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product
    in terminal hit enter, it will say waiting for device, plug your kindle in, it will return product: Jem-PVT-Prod-04. The Kindle will be in fastboot you will see this also on the Kindle screen. Run option 2 on SRT after that has finished select wipe cache and userdata, then select reboot normally. ADB and fastboot are different so it should not matter. I did send you a pm I would be happy to help you get this done.
    Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.53-Beta for Windows - Permission Denied SOLVED

Thank you

field3d,

Rev 4.1.53 Change Log: