[Q] Messed up with bootmode variable. How to normal boot again?

Search This thread

dedolini_xda

Aug 4, 2007
After successful root of my kindle fire 2 I moved to next step to install fire fire fire bootloader.
It did not go through by setting bootmode to 4002 and I looked at normal boot value.
Surprisingly, it was 1 instead of 4000.
So decided to set it to 2 (issuing 'idme bootmode 2' with superuser via adb)
After reboot kindle showed 'A n d r o i d' text followed by following screen:

IP = 192.168.101.101
DIV = KC1A3A04-20120809
SN = SOMESERIALNO
MAC = SOMEMACADDR
BATTERY=100
BMID=SwE
TOUCH FVER= 10.2.6.0

I can see the device in Windows device manager as Android ADB Interface, but neither adb nor fastboot can comunicate with device.
I do not own factory cable.

How can I return it to normal boot?

Thank you

soupmagnet

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 7, 2012
Austin, TX
Google Pixel 6
After successful root of my kindle fire 2 I moved to next step to install fire fire fire bootloader.
It did not go through by setting bootmode to 4002 and I looked at normal boot value.
Surprisingly, it was 1 instead of 4000.
So decided to set it to 2 (issuing 'idme bootmode 2' with superuser via adb)
After reboot kindle showed 'A n d r o i d' text followed by following screen:

IP = 192.168.101.101
DIV = KC1A3A04-20120809
SN = SOMESERIALNO
MAC = SOMEMACADDR
BATTERY=100
BMID=SwE
TOUCH FVER= 10.2.6.0

I can see the device in Windows device manager as Android ADB Interface, but neither adb nor fastboot can comunicate with device.
I do not own factory cable.

How can I return it to normal boot?

Thank you
I think you need to read this before you do anything else to your device
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1928866

soupmagnet

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 7, 2012
Austin, TX
Google Pixel 6
So far your device is still salvageable. Turn the device off, enter the command "fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product" then turn the device on when you see "waiting for device". When it boots (if it's like any other KF), it will activate fastboot and you will get an output of "kindle". If not, you need to acquire a factory (fastboot) cable. And you still need to make sure your drivers are working properly.

dedolini_xda

Aug 4, 2007
So far your device is still salvageable. Turn the device off, enter the command "fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product" then turn the device on when you see "waiting for device". When it boots (if it's like any other KF), it will activate fastboot and you will get an output of "kindle". If not, you need to acquire a factory (fastboot) cable. And you still need to make sure your drivers are working properly.

I have ordered fastboot cable and i am awaiting delivery.
Drivers should be fine - they are latest from android sdk and composite driver connected me to adb just ok.

fastboot i try to use also is from latest android sdk.

after issuing getvar product fastboot command, waiting for device
stays for way too long

Since on kindle's screen some ip address is displayed, i wonder if in this bootmode some othe communication with device could be possible?