Power Off - Turn Off Anything In The Room

Search This thread

RenVilo

Aug 4, 2009
Really nice app. Just perhaps one thing that can be nice is if you select TV that you can specify which brand. I was buys have a few beers the other day when people watched tennis so I turned on this app and the TV's did start going off and no one had an idea what was going on lol... But sometimes it takes a while before the correct signal is sent.

So would be nice to just select the TV's in the room. So say you select TV's in the app then it will show you the brands and you can select LG, Samsung, JVC etc. or you can just tick ALL. Then only the applicable signals will be send. So instead of 200 it's only 20.

zippiz

Mar 22, 2006
Power Off Widget

I don't want any public link to the .wgt, but anyone who wants it feel free to send me a private message and I'll share it happily there.
The reason is that it would only be a matter of time until someone takes it, adds some kind of virus and spreads it. I know it's not hard to extract a .wgt, but I'd like to make everything harder for the 'bad guys'.
@baudac: I sent you the .wgt link on PM

Hi Bro,

Mind sharing the apps with me. I am very keen to have it.

Thanks

Cheers :)

@RenVilo
Well, here's one better for you: http://xdaforums.com/gear-2/themes-apps/smart-ir-remote-finally-t2815388

@lordmorphous
That's strange, what country are you in? We didn't limit the app to any device/country, so that doesn't make sense but we'll contact Samsung and figure it out.

Sorry I didn't answer sooner. I'm in the US. I don't really think it's a limitation on your part, but rather Samsung's. I probably have less than 30-35 apps available to me and at least 20 of those are different watch faces. A little disappointed. I tried contacting Samsung and got some cookie cutter reply which didn't answer anything.

abachi

Dec 5, 2014
Cant find the app

I dont know if its because I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 but I can not find the app anywhere on the Samsung app store. Is there somewhere else I can obtain this app? Thank you.

Cruz77321

May 20, 2009
Can't find app

I could find the app on my note 2 in Thailand, but can't find the app on my note 4 in Japan.

gav83collins

I can't find this app on Galaxy note 4. Please add note 4 to support list

I could find the app on my note 2 in Thailand, but can't find the app on my note 4 in Japan.

I dont know if its because I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 but I can not find the app anywhere on the Samsung app store. Is there somewhere else I can obtain this app? Thank you.

I have same problem and I am from the Czech Republic.

Use market enabler. And change your region

Cruz77321

May 20, 2009
Doesn't Work

Use market enabler. And change your region

I thought market enabler would only work for the google play store. Additionally, using a market enabler isn't a solution; it's just a workaround. Market enablers only work on rooted phones. What about people who don't have rooted phones (e.g. Note 4's)?
Doesn't make much sense to spend time developing an app, that is only available to half the users.

gav83collins

I thought market enabler would only work for the google play store. Additionally, using a market enabler isn't a solution; it's just a workaround. Market enablers only work on rooted phones. What about people who don't have rooted phones (e.g. Note 4's)?
Doesn't make much sense to spend time developing an app, that is only available to half the users.
I have a note 4. And in all fairness who on xda doesnt have a rooted device ???? A very small percentage. A work around is better than nothing in my oppinion

Reactions: mm44rrkk

bleeter

Feb 1, 2011
wonder if the app has been banned and the author/s told to shut up about it.

friend of mine found it very useful at the end of the day in his electronics store because he could easily turn off all the screens, without needing to find where his TV-B-Gone had disappeared to.

sheh28

Apr 26, 2006
Power OFF app for Gear 2

Hi there!

Would you mind sharing the app to me? You can email it to me at this account. Thanks a lot in advance.

Thanks for this app! I like using it. It finds my tv quickly to turn off. And also turns my tv on. Another great app to add to my Gear 2.

A nice feature to add is car radios.

samalsamaly

Oct 8, 2010
I don't want any public link to the .wgt, but anyone who wants it feel free to send me a private message and I'll share it happily there.
The reason is that it would only be a matter of time until someone takes it, adds some kind of virus and spreads it. I know it's not hard to extract a .wgt, but I'd like to make everything harder for the 'bad guys'.

hi there,

please can you provide me the power off all app for my Samsung gear 2 neo...I have been searching all over Internet and galaxy app store but cant find it :crying:

thanks for your help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys!

We released our first app for the Gear 2, Power OFF, which is basically TV-B-Gone on steroids. Best of all, it's 100% free, no ads, no internet/phone connection required, no weird permissions or facebook logins.

** POWER OFF ** is the ultimate tool for your Samsung Gear 2 to take final control of any IR-controlled appliance. It performs one function - the last action you'll ever need: turning off anything.

POWER OFF works with 99% of the most popular devices on the market:

- TVs
    - Set Top Boxes
    - Air Conditioners and Heaters
    - Audio/Video Systems, DVD Players, BluRay players
    - Gaming systems and Media Managers
    - Projectors
    - ... and many others

Were you ever at a bar where the TV was too loud? Or maybe in bed, with the remote nowhere in sight? All you need is the **free** POWER OFF app for your Samsung smart watch, and you can turn them off.
    How about showing off your watch to your friends? Simply turn off all their home equipment at once with the mighty power of your watch!

If you've ever heard of [TV-B-Gone], think of POWER OFF for your Gear 2 as a version of that, **on steroids**. This **isn't limited to just TVs**, but works with any other device too!

[TV-B-Gone]:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV-B-Gone

Feel free to let me know of any issues, feature requests, etc!
    A nice feature to add is car radios.

For those you should try the A/V System category. We support a lot of them :)
    I have a note 4. And in all fairness who on xda doesnt have a rooted device ???? A very small percentage. A work around is better than nothing in my oppinion