Search This thread

Ekoplex

Jul 4, 2012
Works great! Saved me some screen burn, thank's :)

Sent from GT-P6800 using xda premium

rming

Apr 13, 2009
Thanks dever. pls add some function like "show status bar on screen off, hide status bar on screen unlock..." and add widget to control status bar show/hide. thanks.

skarfreak

May 12, 2012
Hat Yai
Tried this but gives me a reboot after like a minute. Even the pro does. Maybe it conflicts with my settings and all. But great apps. Im using the gesture control, too bad cant use the hide bar thingy...

lukas77

Mar 14, 2008
Wroclaw
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Good job! Works like a charm on Motorola RAZR xt910 ICS 4.0.4.
Please add 'exit' button when I run app and when bar is hidden there are no way to go to homescreen when I using tablet mode on Lapdock.

+1 to widget control and restore bar when screen off.

Thanks

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Quistnix

Oct 20, 2009
I'm using the paid version of gesture control, and I love it. One think I'd like: replacing the Launchpad with a "recent tasks" window. Right now my launchpad consists of a single button to the task switcher, but I'm lazy and I'd like to have one action less to get there..

ppirate

Oct 14, 2010
This application is pretty similar to HideBar (http://ppareit.github.com/HideBar/), an application that has been in development for over a year. It contains an intuitive user interface to hide/show the systembar.

I find the development of customizing tools like GMD very good. But as a developer you should not use the same name. This only leads to confusion for existing users.

StupidIdea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2011
This application is pretty similar to HideBar (http://ppareit.github.com/HideBar/), an application that has been in development for over a year. It contains an intuitive user interface to hide/show the systembar.

I find the development of customizing tools like GMD very good. But as a developer you should not use the same name. This only leads to confusion for existing users.

This was not intended and happened just because title is kind of generic. Since there is no perfect solution for ICS yet without modding, it is good that alternatives are appearing so everyone can pick solution that works best for them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Works perfectly on Galaxy S3! Hide and Show!

Pozdrav
    Croatia1
    Doesnt work for me if i tick busybox.

Sent from GT-P6800 using xda premium
    Thanks buddy, works perfectly now! That's what i was looking for, happy to pay 1,50$ for it.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

If you have any suggestions in the future I'm interested to hear and can implement it. I hope to revive this thread for new version support.
    One area that I would like feedback is should I add some on screen trigger to hide/show status bar, like hidden button or something. My idea was that users who want on screen triggers can use GMD GestureControl and trigger status bar with gesture. And GMD Hide Bar was implemented lightweight - no status bar icon, no overlays buttons, but integrates with any app using Toggle Statusbar shortcut. Still can be used standalone as it provides rotation triggers (hide in landscape/portrait only) and can restore status bar on screen off.

Ideas that I'm considering:
    - Accelerometer trigger (tap device on side to hide/show status bar)
    - Long search button to toggle status bar - not so sure about it, as search button seems less popular on new devices, most devices don't have it.
    - Hidden on screen button - can be added as an option, but note that any overlay on screen lags device a bit.
    - Anything else?